Twitter: Cowboys work out DE Takk McKinley

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if they're signing McKinley because Micah's too light now and will have to stick to off ball LB?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Not a fan of McKinley’s… or should I say not a fan of McKinley’s head. He has good physical ability… or he did before the Achilles. But he is (or was) a head case.

Oh well, he’ll be cheap, so won’t hurt to take a look. I don’t think he’d make it though.

Motorola

Reaction score
That would be funny since McKinley was probably the player we would have drafted instead of Taco.
a
We could have drafted Watt, but chose Charlton over him. The Falcons leaped us to take McKinley. They did that because we reportedly had strong interest in him.
Falcons sports media and fans were crowing (pun intended) that their team jumped the Cowboys to get McKinley.
ATL sports talk shows ate up his bravado in post-draft and offseason interviews.
Then-HC Quinn thought he could mold the combination of the player's impressive athletic frame and freakish skillset into a dynamo DLineman. But the player chose to "get by" with what worked for him in college - instead of accepting coaching that emphasized he had to learn and work hard to be successful at the NFL level.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
a

Falcons sports media and fans were crowing (pun intended) that their team jumped the Cowboys to get McKinley.
ATL sports talk shows ate up his bravado in post-draft and offseason interviews.
Then-HC Quinn thought he could mold the combination of the player's impressive athletic frame and freakish skillset into a dynamo DLineman. But the player chose to "get by" with what worked for him in college - instead of accepting coaching that emphasized he had to learn and work hard to be successful at the NFL level.

He was still a better pick than Taco, though, just not what you want from your first-round pick.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Deion: "Use that anger to advantage and channel it in the right direction!"
Very sound advice for McKinley to follow in the future!:thumbup:

Let's hope he adheres to it with the Cowboys!

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Man we are going with a 17 man rotation at DE lol

Got a few who could stand to move down or out of the rotation. Lawrence, Williams, Fowler and Armstrong are probably set. It appears Golstron is going to be used more like an inside player. It seemed to me that Basham also was safe, but if we sign McKinley, that would be the roster spot on the line IMO.

Motorola

Reaction score
He was still a better pick than Taco, though, just not what you want from your first-round pick.
Despite an accoladed senior season, Charlton's lack of a constant drive\motor in addition to lacking some skills for a DLine player to thrive in the league --- was front and center in his pre-draft evaluations.
Many, many Cowboys fans were negative on him being a possible selection for Dallas.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
McKinley might be a valuable part of the Dallas defense if he keeps his temper in check! If not, he'd just be shown the door. :omg:

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
You are thinking of Green's buddy Adrian Clayborn.
I believe that was Clayborn
Right, I knew it was one of them...
Is he going to bring his portrait of his grandma to training camp?
I wouldn't be surprised if he had a pic of her on a shirt under his jersey.
avmzktlev92yhu0ewt9l.jpg