Twitter: Cowboys work out DE Takk McKinley

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Rumors at the time were that the liked Takk but we'll never know for certain if they would have picked him over Taco.

At the point of the Taco pick, it was a coin flip between him and Taco.
- They thought they could get a good CB in the 2nd.

It's become apparent since that draft that McClay preferred TJ Watt but Marinelli convinced them to draft Taco.
- In his 1st interview after that pick, Stephen Jones was shaking his head in what appeared to be regret when questioned about Watt.
- Stephen Jones: 'We really liked Watt...great player...but Rod wanted more size at that spot"

I actually stopped watching the Cowboys after they whiffed on TJ.

That nightmare was sort of remedied with Parsons. But we sure could use a guy like Sam Williams to show up and be the same type of player Parsons is, moving him around the dline and LB group.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually stopped watching the Cowboys after they whiffed on TJ.

That nightmare was sort of remedied with Parsons. But we sure could use a guy like Sam Williams to show up and be the same type of player Parsons is, moving him around the dline and LB group.
I'm not suggesting Taco was a reasonable choice at the time, but in fairness lots of teams whiffed on TJ. There were a lot of edge rushers taken ahead of TJ in that draft.