Twitter: Cowboys Work Out QB Taryn Christion

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Neither did Romo or a lot of QBs. There is a reason definitive judgements aren't and shouldn't be made from a rookie preseason game.
White was garbage as a rookie in preseason and Dak was not as a rookie. I really do not understand what point you are trying to make by this statement.

visionary

Reaction score
The Cowboys would have needed to grab somebody before now if they wanted to grab up a top backup. I doubt there are many highly rated college prospects or top proven vets available now.

At this point the team is kicking tires. Every team does before training camp. They have to because they have 90 spots to fill and need arms to throw to the receivers. If he proves to be more than that, great. If he doesn't, nothing lost.

Thank you Captain Obvious

(Meanwhile please look up meaning of the word, ‘sarcasm’)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
White was garbage as a rookie in preseason and Dak was not as a rookie. I really do not understand what point you are trying to make by this statement.
Again, that isn't an uncommon thing, especially for a guy that is just trying to make the team with his snaps with the 3rd string players. Romo was horrible as a rookie in preseaon. Looked like a deer in the headlights and his feet were so nervous it looked like he was doing the Riverdance. Then there is the fact after injuries to Romo and Moore, Dak was with the first team as a rookie and was in heavy training to be the starter. It wasn't a normal rookie backup preseason.

In any case, you can make hard core definitive judgements after one preseason playing with the bottom players on the 90 man roster if you want, but I think that's a poor way to judge players

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Again, that isn't an uncommon thing, especially for a guy that is just trying to make the team with his snaps with the 3rd string players. Romo was horrible as a rookie in preseaon. Looked like a deer in the headlights and his feet were so nervous it looked like he was doing the Riverdance. Then there is the fact after injuries to Romo and Moore, Dak was with the first team as a rookie and was in heavy training to be the starter. It wasn't a normal rookie backup preseason.

In any case, you can make hard core definitive judgements after one preseason playing with the bottom players on the 90 man roster if you want, but I think that's a poor way to judge players
The statement I replied to compared Dak to White as rookies. If Dak performed the way he did as a rookie and White was the starter he would be on the bench......is this not true?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The statement I replied to compared Dak to White as rookies. If Dak performed the way he did as a rookie and White was the starter he would be on the bench......is this not true?
The statement you replied to said we have no idea where White is in his development, and that's where you started talking about White never looking as good as Dak did as a rookie. I absolutely agree with that, however, that doesn't change the fact that we really don't know about White yet. Last preseason was not enough for a definitive judgement.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The statement you replied to said we have no idea where White is in his development, and that's where you started talking about White never looking as good as Dak did as a rookie. I absolutely agree with that, however, that doesn't change the fact that we really don't know about White yet. Last preseason was not enough for a definitive judgement.
If Dak was 3rd string. We saw a definitive answer of Dak and we did not of White.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We need a blocking TE....I'd give this guy a look. Former high pick...converting to TE. Is a free agent

ujryu698o28em2zymiw7.png