Twitter: Cowboys Work Out QB Taryn Christion

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak was 3rd string. We saw a definitive answer of Dak and we did not of White.

The comment was just that we don't know about White, not how White playing with 3rd string compares to the unknown of what Dak would have looked like had he played with 3rd string. Their is no point of comparison anyway. The only thing to know about White is we cannot yet be sure of what we have - or don't have.

And frankly, we didn't have a definitive answer with Dak after his first preseason anyway. NFL history is full of preseason successes who didn't pan out. Hell, look at the difference in Rush in his first preseason compared to his second preseason. Dak still had to prove himself in the regular season.

I never understand the need to rush to judgements, especially based on what amounts to scrimmage games. Sports history, and frankly all history, has clearly and unquestionably shown that rushed judgements dramatically increase the risk of bad judgements.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I've read where both Cooper Rush and Mike White struggled throughout OTA's and minicamp.

This guy gives them another young alternative to develop but at some point the Cowboys have to think about getting a veteran backup in here.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've read where both Cooper Rush and Mike White struggled throughout OTA's and minicamp.

This guy gives them another young alternative to develop but at some point the Cowboys have to think about getting a veteran backup in here.

I agree. I like the idea of a young developmental guy, but if they are going to keep 3 QBs like they did last year, one of the backups needs to be a veteran with at least some actual NFL playing time under his belt.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I agree. I like the idea of a young developmental guy, but if they are going to keep 3 QBs like they did last year, one of the backups needs to be a veteran with at least some actual NFL playing time under his belt.

Yup. The depth chart should read Dak, a veteran, and White, in my opinion.

Gadfly22

Reaction score
Camp arm to mimic Dak for the defense at practice. I am not excited.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Camp arm to mimic Dak for the defense at practice. I am not excited.

Yep. Fans tend to get stirred up with every training camp signing, as if the Cowboys are expected to find a serious prospect to fill all 90 training camp roster spots. This guy is a camp arm, like you said, and if he shows up and proves to be more, that's great. But it's unlikely.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
You are a very natural penishead, aren't you?

You whine about the team constantly, and then you whine again and expect people to take it as sarcasm instead of more whining.
*,,,er,,,I'm privy to the insider hot track info of our fellow esteemed & respected forum member would definitely prefer the misnomer of the labeled handle of "dicknose" instead ,,,just sayin'

*I know I wouldo_O

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys would have needed to grab somebody before now if they wanted to grab up a top backup. I doubt there are many highly rated college prospects or top proven vets available now.

At this point the team is kicking tires. Every team does before training camp. They have to because they have 90 spots to fill and need arms to throw to the receivers. If he proves to be more than that, great. If he doesn't, nothing lost.
I would draft a quarterback every single season. Especially in the late rounds Carrie you just don't want to know what you're going to find. You could take a quarterback in the first round you still don't know what you have until he gets on the field with your team. You can take a quarterback undrafted and become a superstar. But I think many people know this. Point draft a quarterback every single season. You find something great you can trade him

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
worked out "talented" QB who just happens to be available a few days before camp.

How did 32 teams miss out on this talent?
How many teams passed on Brady. Come on you never know what you're going to get until you get it

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The comment was just that we don't know about White, not how White playing with 3rd string compares to the unknown of what Dak would have looked like had he played with 3rd string. Their is no point of comparison anyway. The only thing to know about White is we cannot yet be sure of what we have - or don't have.

And frankly, we didn't have a definitive answer with Dak after his first preseason anyway. NFL history is full of preseason successes who didn't pan out. Hell, look at the difference in Rush in his first preseason compared to his second preseason. Dak still had to prove himself in the regular season.

I never understand the need to rush to judgements, especially based on what amounts to scrimmage games. Sports history, and frankly all history, has clearly and unquestionably shown that rushed judgements dramatically increase the risk of bad judgements.
We do know how Dak practiced and played with 3rd stringers.....heck Michael Irvin said he could be Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson after seeing the guy practice....Dak was 3rd string at the time. How soon people forget.

Maybe you did not know Dak was definite....but I did after the first drive in the preseason of Daks rookie season. Never did I think Rush or White would ever be a NFL starting QB. The mini camp reports of neither being able to command a huddle and Jason Garrett having to verbally address it in front of teammates and media is telling as well. Dak on the other hand never had trouble commanding the huddle. Everyone thought Dak was the real deal as soon as rookie mini camp.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, I know next to nothing about this guy but I'm hoping he works out better than he did in Seattle. Suffice it to say, this offense desperately needs a backup QB to be successful. Best of luck to him and/or anyone else who might qualify as a capable backup. At least, the FO is beating the bushes for a legitimately decent backup. Here's hoping they'll manage to find one. And yeah, a capable vet would be a godsend! ;)

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
How many teams passed on Brady. Come on you never know what you're going to get until you get it
Was Brady available a few days before camp when 32 teams have collectively attempted to find the 2,880 most talented football playing athletes in the world, all off-season long?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Mobile QB. We should be a running team with a running QB. White and Cooper didn't fit the mold, particularly as young QBs with limited skills.

I wonder if this is a change in philosophy, or just the happenstance of who has been available the last few years.

I'll wager they're beating the bushes for any QB who's more legit than what we now have in house.

I'm hoping they'll find one. The decent backup QBs nowadays are almost as scarce as hen's teeth.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
:laugh::facepalm:
This should put to rest any thoughts that we actually intend to bring in a competent back up QB

Now go look at the QB talent in the NFL and tell me how many "competent" QBs there are period. I'll give you a hint: it's less than 32.

We drafted White and have both he and Rush developing. They have a better shot than the replacement level trash that could've been signed for backup money in FA.

The days of having starting quality backup QBs available/affordable like Beuerlein or Kosar ended about 25 years ago.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You are a very natural penishead, aren't you?

You whine about the team constantly, and then you whine again and expect people to take it as sarcasm instead of more whining.

It's the beauty of the internet: anytime you are wrong you can just claim it was sarcasm because there is no way to drawl on the interwebs thus no way to tell.