Twitter: Cowboys working on a deal to sign veteran guard

Bizwah

Reaction score
I think we'll release Bell, or the new OL that just came back from the concussion today.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora1m
Moore's deal with the Cowboys will be done tonight. He'll fit in well with what offensive coordinator Bill Callahan is implementing there

Expand

gotta say i'm ok with this. maybe it's late, but timing is everything. (got another music reference in no one seems to be getting tonight!)

he's not a long term answer to be sure, but he will definitely help this year.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Moore isn't an insurance plan. He's going to start at RG

Lets see who's crystal ball works better.

I just think everyone judges these situations without any unbiased thought.

I think berny still has inside track.

Especially of he's able to hold his own in camp.

But maybe he has already shown nothing.

In his limited practice time.

Forcing a move.

Time will tell.

Nirvana

Reaction score
the Brian Waters name drop was probably simply to get Brandon Moore to sign on the dotted line tonight on our terms. He probably loves the idea of playing some football with the Cowboys and the negotiations on money went smoothly.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Lets see who's crystal ball works better.

I just think everyone judges these situations without any unbiased thought.

I think berny still has inside track.

Especially of he's able to hold his own in camp.

But maybe he has already shown nothing.

In his limited practice time.

Forcing a move.

Time will tell.

well regardless of who starts, it was painfully obvious we needed help there. if berny can beat him out, great. some of the "best 5" posters now just wanna can someone for a new name they remember from long ago.

rojan

Reaction score
I love everything about this move!!

Smart of the front office to wait until now to make a move so they can properly evaluate the talent on the team and also give Moore some rest.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I love everything about this move!!

Smart of the front office to wait until now to make a move so they can properly evaluate the talent on the team and also give Moore some rest.

but but but...

it's august!!!

reddyuta

Reaction score
Its read that its Moore.i dont know about this ,he reportedly retired earlier this year.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
the Brian Waters name drop was probably simply to get Brandon Moore to sign on the dotted line tonight on our terms. He probably loves the idea of playing some football with the Cowboys and the negotiations on money went smoothly.

Good point. They had me worried for a bit. This is a GREAT signing. Note by saying great signing I'm not saying Moore will be Pro Bowler. This oline should be average at worst potential to be good. Just hope they can stay healthy and Free keeps up his strong play.

rojan

Reaction score
Its read that its Moore.i dont know about this ,he reportedly retired earlier this year.

I pretty sure that report was incorrect. I've heard that he was staying in football shape while waiting for the right opportunity.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Good point. They had me worried for a bit. This is a GREAT signing. Note by saying great signing I'm not saying Moore will be Pro Bowler. This oline should be average at worst potential to be good. Just hope they can stay healthy and Free keeps up his strong play.

looks like a definite upgrade to me

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's some merit to that perspective, though the possibility of hitting on two of the longshot developmentals was extremely thin. Thank goodness that Leary looks like a winner.

"rojan, post: 5133488, member: 3761"]I love everything about this move!!

rojan

Reaction score
I love how 4 of our 5 projected starters along the O-line are home grown!!!!

Questfor6

Reaction score
Absolutely.

I don't want to overhype this, but a clean pocket and a little push on the goal line would do wonders for this offense. Who in the NFC has better overall skill position talent than the Cowboys?

Atlanta, maybe. Green Bay is close. But that's about it.

No one has more weapons "when healthy" then we have this year. It's scary how good this team could actually be if healthy and having a Oline playing as a cohesive unit.