Twitter: Cowboys working on a deal to sign veteran guard

Bizwah

Reaction score
This may also help to light a fire under Bern and Livings.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
If this move were to go down, the Cowboys would be replacing 3/5ths of their starting offensive line in one off season. Herculean undertaking. I say, go for it!

RS12

Reaction score
If this move were to go down, the Cowboys would be replacing 3/5ths of their starting offensive line in one off season. Herculean undertaking. I say, go for it!

If only it were 4/5ths

Questfor6

Reaction score

If this deal goes down and Free can play to his potential this Oline could actually be quite scary for opponents. Last year NO ONE had a worry in the world about our line and sent the kitchen sink every play, oh what a difference a year could make!!

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll be thrilled with a solid vet signing now, hated the idea of moving Fredericks....All that's left to address is the scary depth problem at tackle. Maybe Parnell pulls it together but having him as the only swing tackle is dangerous, especially with Free being "iffy".

[ote="RS12, post: 5133354, member: 517"]Bob Sturm ‏@SportsStur if your guard situation is bad - and everyone knows it - why do you wait until August to address it? Because hope is the strategy too often.

Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm2m
If your guard situation is bad - and everyone knows it - why do you wait until August to address it? Because hope is

Expand

Expand[/quote]

Exactamundo, that guard spot should have been a priority sooner. Ill
If your guard situation is bad - and everyone knows it - why do you wait until August to address it? Because hope is the strategy too often.

Expand

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
If this deal goes down and Free can play to his potential this Oline could actually be quite scary for opponents. Last year NO ONE had a worry in the world about our line and sent the kitchen sink every play, oh what a difference a year could make!!

Absolutely.

I don't want to overhype this, but a clean pocket and a little push on the goal line would do wonders for this offense. Who in the NFC has better overall skill position talent than the Cowboys?

Atlanta, maybe. Green Bay is close. But that's about it.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
just give me something to believe in...

keep-calm-and-be-a-belieber-249.png

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about the tackle depth. People wanted Parnell to be a starter and now they don't even feel comfortable with him as a backup. Plus, we brought in Bell.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It's been a problem for a few years...

fine. so who should we have signed in the last few years of FA that would have made sense for us? i'm not saying we've made good moves, but people just seem to think this "august" thing is a good line when in reality it's crap on a wicker stick.

who did we miss out on in this years FA that the "august" slap makes sense?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
If your guard situation is bad - and everyone knows it - why do you wait until August to address it? Because hope is the strategy too often.

Expand

Giving other players on the roster an opportunity to show themselves, rather than continuously paying stop gap veterans, that we can't afford if we want to pay some of our young up and coming talent.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Giving other players on the roster an opportunity to show themselves, rather than continuously paying stop gap veterans, that we can't afford if we want to pay some of our young up and coming talent.

i'm still waiting on who we missed out on this FA period.