Twitter: Cowboys working on a deal to sign veteran guard

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Other thing about Moore is he hasn't missed a game since 2004.

I think there is a lot of potential in

Smith - Leary - Frederick - Moore - Free

We still would have to address offensive line early in the draft next year, but that should on paper at least be a very serviceable line, which would be new for this team that always has at least 2 or 3 if not 4 glaring holes on the line...

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
i'm still waiting on who we missed out on this FA period.

Only people I can think of are the high priced guards who went early in free agency. Levitre and that guy the Broncos got. But I'm glad we didn't go that route.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
i'm still waiting on who we missed out on this FA period.

Who we missed out? How much money do you think the team can spend? You can't just keep signing the top free agents every year. There is a salary cap.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Only people I can think of are the high priced guards who went early in free agency. Levitre and that guy the Broncos got. But I'm glad we didn't go that route.

so am i. we're recognizing we have issues, we're looking at what's available, some posters are panty-wadding we didn't do it sooner but can't name a player worth the worry.

quite amazing really.

jnday

Reaction score
If nothing else, signing one of these vets speaks volumes about the coaches opinion of Arkin starting. Waters would have been a good signing several years ago. Moore wasn't much better than Bernadeau last year. It looks like the days of the two terrible free agent signings of Livings and Bern are being corrected. They have no place on a team that wants to field a decent line.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

any of those plus any of the ones they're looking at now in time for OTAs,,, plus all of the ones they skipped over last year. It's been said many times and panned by the lollipoppers, Bernardeau and Livings were a waste of time and money and fan patience.

JBS

Reaction score
Showtime!!!'

@JasonLaCanfora: Dallas Cowboys finalizing a deal with G Brandon Moore. Excellent signing at a need position.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
If nothing else, signing one of these vets speaks volumes about the coaches opinion of Arkin starting. Waters would have been a good signing several years ago. Moore wasn't much better than Bernadeau last year. It looks like the days of the two terrible free agent signings of Livings and Bern are being corrected. They have no place on a team that wants to field a decent line.

There is reason to believe that Moore would excel back in a zone blocking scheme that took him to the pro bowl under Callahan...

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Livings is a goner.

The signing will be brought in as insurance for bernadeau.

Arkin and Cook are also probably gone.

Bernadeau can lose his job and potentially still make the team. IMO.

JBS

Reaction score
Moore isn't an insurance plan. He's going to start at RG

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like this, a lot. I thought this made too much sense not to happen earlier in the offseason. But, getting a guy with 4 years of experience in the system (or a near variation of the system) just two years removed from a probowl birth when it's a position of relative need seems like a no-brainer to me. It's a smart, relative value signing, that won't break the bank and that doesn't tie us down on a long term replacement a year or two from now. It also gives us someone with starting experience to come off the bench if we want to go that direction (my guess is that will be Bernadeau).