Twitter: Cowboys working to re-sign Kearse

MarcusRock

Reaction score
hey I’ve seen enough of your posts to know you will always try to squirm your way out. You’re often wrong but just keep posting until the other person gets tired of wasting time with your nonsense and you pretend like you won the argument

you go girl

Squirm? Which of us two is trying to change the others' words to something easier to attack because they can't refute it as written? That would be you, buddy. Twice. And you STILL haven't addressed Kearse in Detroit. Avoid, avoid, avoid. Now, who needs to do that? The winner or the loser of a debate? Lol.

To quote you, thanks for making my point for me. :thumbup:

visionary

Reaction score
Squirm? Which of us two is trying to change the others' words to something easier to attack because they can't refute it as written? That would be you, buddy. Twice. And you STILL haven't addressed Kearse in Detroit. Avoid, avoid, avoid. Now, who needs to do that? The winner or the loser of a debate? Lol.

To quote you, thanks for making my point for me. :thumbup:

And there you are like a dog with a bone

:laugh:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Go look at PFF rankings for him including coverage and get back to me. He is a superb fit in Quinn's defense. Wilson is hurt half the time and isn't nearly as good.
Kearse had a pff grade of 76. Wilson in 2020 had 72. Not close? Stop being an argumentative chick and admit you were wrong.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Kearse had a pff grade of 76. Wilson in 2020 had 72. Not close? Stop being an argumentative chick and admit you were wrong.

But compare the numbers dude. The 76 and 72(in a completely different year and defense) is the tip of the iceberg. Look at the individual rankings.

2021 - Kearse
14th in solo tackles
20th in int
3rd in targets
7th in receptions allowed

2020 - Wilson
56th in tackles
15th in int
84th in targets
70th in receptions allowed

That is a huge difference. Jayron shut down several of the best TE's in the league including Kittle.

Reactions: CWR

garyv

Reaction score
Wilson is a much better, cheaper signing than Gallup. You can sign Wilson and Turner for less than Gallup gets and don't have to worry about a guy coming off a knee injury.

No get me wrong I like Gallup but I don't like Gallup for 10 mil a year. Hes coming off knee surgery and not having Cooper how will this affect Lamb and Gallup.
Yes I like Cedric Wilson almost as much as Gallup and I will bet he want cost 10 mil

stilltheguru

Reaction score
But compare the numbers dude. The 76 and 72(in a completely different year and defense) is the tip of the iceberg. Look at the individual rankings.

2021 - Kearse
14th in solo tackles
20th in int
3rd in targets
7th in receptions allowed

2020 - Wilson
56th in tackles
15th in int
84th in targets
70th in receptions allowed

That is a huge difference. Jayron shut down several of the best TE's in the league including Kittle.
You leave out forced fumbles and sacks too. I'm done with this disingenuous goofiness. Next time drop the hyperbole and just talk football

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
No get me wrong I like Gallup but I don't like Gallup for 10 mil a year. Hes coming off knee surgery and not having Cooper how will this affect Lamb and Gallup.
Yes I like Cedric Wilson almost as much as Gallup and I will bet he want cost 10 mil

What I have read is Wilson somewhere along the lines of what Bourne got last year which was 3 years at 15m total. SOme are saying he could get $6 to 8m average deal. Yet we will pay a guy with a bad knee who waited almost two months to have surgery.....talk of 10m average per year for a guy that will have only 7 months of rehab before season starts? TYpical Dallas stupidity.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
You leave out forced fumbles and sacks too. I'm done with this disingenuous goofiness. Next time drop the hyperbole and just talk football

You leave out Wilson's 62 rating in the same defense in the same year. And you call me disingenuous? Pot, meet kettle. Kearse also was one of the league leaders in his position at passes defensed.

Oh, you also leave out the fact that Wilson has missed 5, 2, and 8 games in 3 years. Kearse has missed 7 in 6 years...3 of which were a suspension. One of the best abilities...availability. Look it up.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You leave out Wilson's 62 rating in the same defense in the same year. And you call me disingenuous? Pot, meet kettle. Kearse also was one of the league leaders in his position at passes defensed.

Oh, you also leave out the fact that Wilson has missed 5, 2, and 8 games in 3 years. Kearse has missed 7 in 6 years...3 of which were a suspension. One of the best abilities...availability. Look it up.
I already said we're done. If it's one thing I can't stand it's people using hyperbole. Much better, not even close. Just stop. You were wrong and that's it.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I already said we're done. If it's one thing I can't stand it's people using hyperbole. Much better, not even close. Just stop. You were wrong and that's it.

You said you were done and then answered again. Sounds like you can't resist. 62 and 76 are day and night. Same team, same defense. Wilson can't stay on the field. You'd probably give him a lifetime contract.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ehhh.......... Lamb, Gallup (coming off ACL) and Malik Turner is a really big step back from Cooper, Lamb and Gallup (or Wilson post Gallup ACL).

I think they really need to work to get Wilson back here.
If we do cut Cooper and lose Wilson, we are pretty much locked into a WR in the top 100 of the draft

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Better not over pay
He’s played well for only 1 year in this scheme only
His market is limited and Wilson can give us pretty similar results much cheaper
He and Wilson arent the same player. Kearse basically replaces Neal. Kearse and Wilson both played about 70% of snaps when Wilson was healthy

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I'm going to but a Dr Pepper instead of a Dr Thunder am I wasting money by not buying the cheaper product?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You said you were done and then answered again. Sounds like you can't resist. 62 and 76 are day and night. Same team, same defense. Wilson can't stay on the field. You'd probably give him a lifetime contract.
Yawn

CWR

Reaction score

Kearse brought the best safety play we've seen in Dallas since Dwood or young Roy Williams. He's young, he's big, he's physical, and he locks down stud TEs. He's our priority this off season far as I'm concerned. Wilson has had several opportunities and he never measured up to the season Kearse just had in his first with the team.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I think signing of Kearse is key for this defense. Quinn was able to move him around at different spots and Kearse excelled in doing so.
Stephen: ‘3 million a year’

zoners: ‘bull****! Only 3.25 mil!!! Dak sucks!!!!’

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Ehhh.......... Lamb, Gallup (coming off ACL) and Malik Turner is a really big step back from Cooper, Lamb and Gallup (or Wilson post Gallup ACL).

I think they really need to work to get Wilson back here.
Sounds like Dallas is setting up to draft a receiver. McCarthy loved spending second round selections on them in Green Bay.