Twitter: Cowboys working to re-sign Kearse

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
No chance.

You sign Gallup and Wilson to go with Lamb. You draft a shifty WR or sign a guy like Crowder/Humphries.

You sign Turner and you give him the Noah Brown role. Special teams, #4 WR, takes reps when a starter goes down.

So you are paying Gallup, Wilson and Turner....and drafting one too? Sounds like an effective use of limited cap room.

Carson

Reaction score
So you are paying Gallup, Wilson and Turner....and drafting one too? Sounds like an effective use if limited cap room.
They are already working on Gallup and Wilson.

Turner will come on a cheap deal of $1.5 million.

Rookie is on rookie contract.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
did you bother to watch him? You think he’s worth a franchise tag at 11 million?

Yes I watched him, as a blocker he has much work to do, but in terms of reception he ranked with the top in the league. Is he worth that much on a 1 year franchise tag? Yes, if Dallas can find a rookie TE this year or next then you can move away from him but right now, yes. Jarwin can't stay off the IR and outside of him, we have no one. You want a blocking TE fine, go get one they are cheap

Sydla

Reaction score
I like Wilson, but I wouldn't spend that on him. Give Malik Turner more opportunities and spend the money elsewhere.

Ehhh.......... Lamb, Gallup (coming off ACL) and Malik Turner is a really big step back from Cooper, Lamb and Gallup (or Wilson post Gallup ACL).

I think they really need to work to get Wilson back here.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
“how Kearse was used” basically makes my point. He’s good close to LOS only and only in this defense

his market is limited so we shouldn’t over pay

again, you’re making it too easy by making my points

:laugh:

Again, nice try at trying to twist words to defend your losing argument. Used as in not used as a full-time starter until Detroit gave him a shot and he shined vs. as a special teamer with Minnesota. You still haven't addressed that. Why? Oh ..... right. "Only 1 year, only 1 year." Lol.

What's too easy is seeing you don't even know the playing history of someone you're saying to let go so you just ignore the counterpoints. We see you. Is now the time you feign incredulousness and make your stage left exit? Lol.

The Natural

Reaction score
Better not over pay
He’s played well for only 1 year in this scheme only
His market is limited and Wilson can give us pretty similar results much cheaper
Wilson cant even stay on the field. I’d rather have more depth than not enough.

CWR

Reaction score
Ehhh.......... Lamb, Gallup (coming off ACL) and Malik Turner is a really big step back from Cooper, Lamb and Gallup (or Wilson post Gallup ACL).

It's just can't believe in saving cap and then re-signing lesser players to a similar total cap number. Even if it can be spread out its still throws out the idea of saving cap space. Coop could've just been restructured if that was the case.

I'm trying to find logic, when there probably isn't any. My bad.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Find it always funny when fans say sign or resign a guy but don't overpay. Overpay, really, how much is overpay. The player/agent negotiate with the Team/Stephen and either come to an agreement or not. The player wants X and the team wants Y but usually settle somewhere in the middle. I wonder if a working guy negotiating a salary from a company would say hey I'm not worth that much and I don't want you to overpay me. Yeah, that will never ever happen.

Player deem their worth and a team has the option to pay it or not. If the FO/Coaches believe he will be a key to the defensive or offensive then the player if he knows it will have leverage. A lot of player sign a contract and do much better than the salary they are getting, do you think the team will reward them with a higher salary the next year and rework their contract. Dream on. Contracts are fluid in that the team decides when a player is no longer useful and they release him and he goes elsewhere. Remember when DWare was making to much money and Dallas deemed they would be better off without him, how did that work out FOR HIM.

Not any fan knows if a guy is overpaid or not. We only see what we see on the field. Most of the time we don't know if he is dealing with a minor injury or some sickness or just doesn't give a crap, we just want the greatest results. Same goes for those wonderful draft picks we make every year as you really don't know if the kid you draft is really worth it or did they just work out like crazy to get drafted or drafted higher and really they could care less about winning football only there for the money. Same goes for those high priced free agents. Overpay is just a gamble ever time.
Good post. Agree 100%. No point of getting up in arms about salary because everyone is going to get paid if you want them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s a step

it’s a step back but it was a luxury to begin with.

visionary

Reaction score
Wilson cant even stay on the field. I’d rather have more depth than not enough.

not saying we shouldn’t try to sign him. If you read my previous posts he has always been one of my top targets. I just don’t want Jerry to fall in love with a good safety and over pay for him

visionary

Reaction score
Again, nice try at trying to twist words to defend your losing argument. Used as in not used as a full-time starter until Detroit gave him a shot and he shined vs. as a special teamer with Minnesota. You still haven't addressed that. Why? Oh ..... right. "Only 1 year, only 1 year." Lol.

What's too easy is seeing you don't even know the playing history of someone you're saying to let go so you just ignore the counterpoints. We see you. Is now the time you feign incredulousness and make your stage left exit? Lol.

long winded arguments rehashing your usual drivel of nonsense

facts are that he had only been a good player for one year and only in this defense

those are facts unlike your spin

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Better not over pay
His market is limited and Wilson can give us pretty similar results much cheaper

What exactly makes you think Wilson can give us pretty similar results? Kearse was one of our top players on defense last year. That's like saying Cox can give us pretty similar results to Parsons'.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
long winded arguments rehashing your usual drivel of nonsense

facts are that he had only been a good player for one year and only in this defense

those are facts unlike your spin

When you need to take the time to try to twist the words of "drivel" to make your argument that means it hit home and you can't defend against it. This besides ignoring Hugh Jass points that shut your argument down.

Stage right or stage left?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Better not over pay
whadda ya mean? We don't overpay for anybody.

visionary

Reaction score
What exactly makes you think Wilson can give us pretty similar results? Kearse was one of our top players on defense last year. That's like saying Cox can give us pretty similar results to Parsons'.

LOL yeah

visionary

Reaction score
When you need to take the time to try to twist the words of "drivel" to make your argument that means it hit home and you can't defend against it. This besides ignoring Hugh Jass points that shut your argument down.

Stage right or stage left?

hey I’ve seen enough of your posts to know you will always try to squirm your way out. You’re often wrong but just keep posting until the other person gets tired of wasting time with your nonsense and you pretend like you won the argument

you go girl