Cowboys workout former 1st round wr N'Keal Harry

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Cool, I thought they'd bring in Harry. I suspect they may not be done bringing him in, if he doesn't land elsewhere.

kskboys

Reaction score
Want to take a guess as to who Jalen Tolbert was compared to? Yup, that would be NKeal.

What is the biggest trait they have in common? Both lack explosiveness. Which means they're not going to be able to create separation. Which means they can't get open. Which means their upside is almost nonexistent.

To Jerry: Would you frickin' quit drafting WRs just because they're big and strong? Please, Jerry, that's not the primary trait that makes a WR successful. Read a dang scouting report. When a WR is listed as a "one speed runner w/ no explosiveness", DO NOT DRAFT HIM.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
They chose Tyron Johnson over him. It's safe to call N'Keal Harry a bust now.
He couldn't separate in college. I never could understand the draft ranking of this guy. Bringing him in is a waste of time. Why bother spending time confirming what should already be known?

kskboys

Reaction score
Cool, I thought they'd bring in Harry. I suspect they may not be done bringing him in, if he doesn't land elsewhere.
Harry is just one more draft bust in a long line of them for Bellychickens. Dude is a savant as a D coach, but can't draft worth a flock. Harry simply sucks. He didn't make it because of an extreme lack of lateral agility. It's not complicated, can't turn, can't get open.

kskboys

Reaction score
He couldn't separate in college. I never could understand the draft ranking of this guy. Bringing him in is a waste of time. Why bother spending time confirming what should already be known?
I know, right? I think it's a result of teams focusing way too much on speed and size.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Interesting:

His ability to find separation down the field and find an opening in the defense is what stands out the most though, since 2019, no other receiver in FBS had more catches of 15 or more yards than Tolbert. He was able to record 77 which was most among FBS wideouts.
Tolbert is a silky smooth athlete with the ability to create at all three levels with easy separation skills. He is a fluid route-runner showing good movement skills at the top of his routes to separate late, or early off the line with quality release skills.
Tolbert has excellent twitch and suddenness off the line. He can stack crisp feet motions to earn early separation, employing short bursts of energy in rapid succession.
Routes & Separation – Uses outstanding suddenness and sharpness to his route breaks. He has very good speed to not only maintain separation but gain separation after the break. Tolbert runs routes with precision and quickness.

JayFord

Reaction score
Hold on now

he may not have lived up to his first round billing bit im all for fresh starts

bring him on and suit him up

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I like Johnson’s straight line sped. But let’s be honest. Nobody will make the 53 being signed now as I feel guys like Cropper and Durden will take the final spot
I wouldn't take it too serious if I knew I didn't have a chance

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Want to take a guess as to who Jalen Tolbert was compared to? Yup, that would be NKeal.

What is the biggest trait they have in common? Both lack explosiveness. Which means they're not going to be able to create separation. Which means they can't get open. Which means their upside is almost nonexistent.

To Jerry: Would you frickin' quit drafting WRs just because they're big and strong? Please, Jerry, that's not the primary trait that makes a WR successful. Read a dang scouting report. When a WR is listed as a "one speed runner w/ no explosiveness", DO NOT DRAFT HIM.
You mean this scouting report?

Silky smooth athlete who has morphed into a monster over the last two seasons. Tolbert is a high-character prospect with skill elements that are dripping with NFL potential. He gave work to everyone he faced, including SEC cover corners at Tennessee. His three-sport background offers unique perspective to pull from at his position, and his route-running gives him a leg up in camp battles early on. His traits, talent and production should push him up the board, and dialing up the competitive spirit could turn him into a top-flight WR2.

Strengths
  • Put together big games against the best opponents.
  • Right at home against SEC cornerbacks (SEE: Tennessee game).
  • Stellar 2021 production, including seven games of 100-plus yards.
  • Shimmies feet and shakes press jam.
  • Fights through grabby coverage.
  • Routes are gliding and smooth.
  • Stick-shift route runner with excellent change of speeds.
  • Powerful pre-break burst fools the coverage.
  • Sinks hips for quick, sharp turns.
  • High school baseball player with natural tracking talent.
  • Frames up his defender and imposes his will on the high-point.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Harry was a major bust. In four seasons he’s only put up 64 catches for 714 yards and 5 TDs. That amounts to a decent season. Can’t possibly see him making the team.

Creeper

Reaction score
Tolbert had a disappointing rookie season but he was a 3rd round pick, not a first round pick. I think the hype around him and the ridiculous expectations of stardom as a rookie were impossible to achieve. Before we declare him a bust, let's give him another year at least. As a 3rd round pick chances are he will never ben a #1 WR or even a #2. The Cowboys only need him to be #4 so let's set our expectations for that level.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You mean this scouting report?

Silky smooth athlete who has morphed into a monster over the last two seasons. Tolbert is a high-character prospect with skill elements that are dripping with NFL potential. He gave work to everyone he faced, including SEC cover corners at Tennessee. His three-sport background offers unique perspective to pull from at his position, and his route-running gives him a leg up in camp battles early on. His traits, talent and production should push him up the board, and dialing up the competitive spirit could turn him into a top-flight WR2.

Strengths
  • Put together big games against the best opponents.
  • Right at home against SEC cornerbacks (SEE: Tennessee game).
  • Stellar 2021 production, including seven games of 100-plus yards.
  • Shimmies feet and shakes press jam.
  • Fights through grabby coverage.
  • Routes are gliding and smooth.
  • Stick-shift route runner with excellent change of speeds.
  • Powerful pre-break burst fools the coverage.
  • Sinks hips for quick, sharp turns.
  • High school baseball player with natural tracking talent.
  • Frames up his defender and imposes his will on the high-point.
+1 ........I'm not understanding the N'Keal comparison, at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Who compared Tolbert to Harry? There’s one inch and 25 pounds separating them………