***CowboysZone Draft Reminder***

robert70x7

Reaction score
Hostile;4424517 said:
No. He made the other picks. He may be in trial this morning.

Oh okay. I'm getting antsy. If my player is there, it'll be the quickest pick as of yet.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
robert70x7;4424521 said:
Oh okay. I'm getting antsy. If my player is there, it'll be the quickest pick as of yet.
I love hearing that.

I have to help a friend in a few minutes. He needs some firewood. So everyone please send all picks to Risen Star until I reply here and you know I am back.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;4424511 said:
I've had a great time. There is no bad blood for me on any of it. It is what it is and I've personally enjoyed it.

Hey BraveHeat... Yeah doing a list sorta sucks but even if you don't have a list just letting one of the draft admins know that you're looking for say the top-rated CB or DT and they'll take it from there.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4424535 said:
Hey BraveHeat... Yeah doing a list sorta sucks but even if you don't have a list just letting one of the draft admins know that you're looking for say the top-rated CB or DT and they'll take it from there.

Yeah. I just suck with the list thing cause I have no idea who is or isnt' going to be there and I didn't know if they wanted a huge list.

It's all good either way. He made one pick last night for me that I had changed, and I wasn't quitting as indicated cause he made a pick, just seemed like he went awful quick from the time I got my reminder from Hos to me seeing he'd picked. He probably had to wait longer on me than I realised at the time so that's my bad.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4424540 said:
Yeah. I just suck with the list thing cause I have no idea who is or isnt' going to be there and I didn't know if they wanted a huge list.

It's all good either way. He made one pick last night for me that I had changed, and I wasn't quitting as indicated cause he made a pick, just seemed like he went awful quick from the time I got my reminder from Hos to me seeing he'd picked. He probably had to wait longer on me than I realised at the time so that's my bad.
Blame me for that. I made a mistake on someone else's pick and gave you bad info. I thought you had gone to bed for the night. My suggestion was to make the picks and let you change yours this morning if you so wished.

My fault entirely.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;4424543 said:
Blame me for that. I made a mistake on someone else's pick and gave you bad info. I thought you had gone to bed for the night. My suggestion was to make the picks and let you change yours this morning if you so wished.

My fault entirely.

Nah we're all good man. It's all good. I should have paid a little more attention and guys wouldn't have had to wait quite so long on those two picks yesterday.

I'll take the blame for it cause i dropped the ball on it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4424535 said:

I hated all your picks, Mike. It's an F- from Kansas City. :)

robert70x7

Reaction score
I've been evaluating as I go along. I'm doing a subjective grade and then one based on my BPA from my board. I should have it up pretty soon once the draft is over.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
robert70x7;4424550 said:
I've been evaluating as I go along. I'm doing a subjective grade and then one based on my BPA from my board. I should have it up pretty soon once the draft is over.

You might want to wait on that until everybody's sent in their grades to me.

Your call.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
This is my first time participating (hope it won't be the last) but I've enjoyed everything. It also went faster than I expected, because I know everyone can't be on the computer all day. It just so happens that I work at a computer so it wasn't a big deal for me.

robert70x7

Reaction score
Risen Star;4424552 said:
You might want to wait on that until everybody's sent in their grades to me.

Your call.

Yeah, I was going to put that disclaimer in. Have people really graded poorly because of comments?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
robert70x7;4424554 said:
Yeah, I was going to put that disclaimer in. Have people really graded poorly because of comments?

Well, you could never prove that but I've seen people argue about picks during the draft and then those same guys give each other horrible grades in the report card.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
JonJon;4424553 said:
This is my first time participating (hope it won't be the last) but I've enjoyed everything. It also went faster than I expected, because I know everyone can't be on the computer all day. It just so happens that I work at a computer so it wasn't a big deal for me.
Yeah it was my first draft like this on a board. I really enjoyed it. It also helped that I got a team that had high picks in each round. It made the whole experience more fun I'm sure.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
When you are grading, it's also good if you understand what the needs for each GM. It might be that you don't like a pick but that GM may have considered what his team needs and that could have also influenced the picks. It's a lot, I know, but it's not always just BPA. It's sometimes BPA that fits the scheme and a need. For example, you can take a DT but there may be a higher rated DT on the board ahead of the one you took better suited to play in a 43 as opposed to a 34, which might be what you have. There may also be a better player at another position there but if the GM has no NT signed, it becomes a much bigger priority.

I know you guys know this.