***CowboysZone Draft Reminder***

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4424570 said:
When you are grading, it's also good if you understand what the needs for each GM. It might be that you don't like a pick but that GM may have considered what his team needs and that could have also influenced the picks. It's a lot, I know, but it's not always just BPA. It's sometimes BPA that fits the scheme and a need. For example, you can take a DT but there may be a higher rated DT on the board ahead of the one you took better suited to play in a 43 as opposed to a 34, which might be what you have. There may also be a better player at another position there but if the GM has no NT signed, it becomes a much bigger priority.

I know you guys know this.

Hard to figure out BPA this early in the process. This is all pretty speculative.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Hey Risen, on Trumaine Johnson CB, what was your plans for him at KC with the team still having Flowers and signing Routt? He would have been my first 4th round selection and I would put him at FS and situational CB with the Bengals.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Joe Rod;4424599 said:
Hard to figure out BPA this early in the process. This is all pretty speculative.

True. Different sites have different lists of top 250 etc.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
This draft could have turned out so differently. My original choice was Claiborne. However, looking back it probably worked out better that I took Blackmon. Would have been hard to trade back up to get Wright. That was my initial draft plan.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JonJon;4424601 said:
Hey Risen, on Trumaine Johnson CB, what was your plans for him at KC with the team still having Flowers and signing Routt? He would have been my first 4th round selection and I would put him at FS and situational CB with the Bengals.

That's one of the things that appealed to me. He could probably do both but I drafted him to play corner.

robert70x7

Reaction score
Hostile;4424635 said:
Stay tuned, it was turned in right before you posted this.

I thought about it instead of McNutt, but I wanted a WR. He's at 62 on my board.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
If Doug Martin wasn't available, I would have used one of my second rounders on Polk...didn't think he would be available this long.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since it's the last pick and we really flew through these round today, we're gonna just leave it open for avery when he logs in today to make his pick.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4424775 said:
Do we send grades to Hos or Risen Star?
Both of us please. Everyone please give grades for each team. It is part of what makes this all fun.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;4424785 said:
Both of us please. Everyone please give grades for each team. It is part of what makes this all fun.

Are we grading them now or do we wait till the whole draft is over?

robert70x7

Reaction score
Hostile;4424785 said:

How do you want grades? A-F scale or 1-10?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
robert70x7;4424796 said:
How do you want grades? A-F scale or 1-10?
Very good question. Per the original thread with all the picks we want a 1-10 scale grade.