***CowboysZone Draft Reminder***

robert70x7

Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;4424403 said:
Honestly I had them graded pretty equally. Almost a toss up. Lol funny you picked the one pick were I deviated from bpa. If I had stayed bpa I would have drafted alameda.

And I ended up taking him.

Based on my board, you got value in Brown and equal slot value with Zach Brown. One of my co-workers is a huge Rams fan, so I'll run the picks by him when we're done. The drop off Osemele/Washington/Zeitler is pretty big.

ABQcowboyJR;4424408 said:
And I felt brooks struggled a little more than senio.

Fair enough. I don't watch a lot of college football until bowl season and leading up to the draft, so I have to take a very objective look at players. Imperfect science.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
robert70x7;4424393 said:
The main problem that I am running into with the Jaguars is no free agency period to see them getting 1 or 2 WRs coming in. I haven't found value at any picks for WRs, except for maybe Sanu in the 2nd and I wanted to go offensive line.

I think this has to be taken into consideration and it really is subjective. I fully expect to get slammed for not taking any skill players yet for Gabbert, but I like my draft and feel like I've stuck to a Gene Smith type philosophy. Others will feel differently.

Yeah Jacksonville is in a tough spot. They need a dominant WR, but this class is a little weak outside of Blackmon. The best thing J'ville can do is try to trade back and pick up a WR like Floyd or Wright later in the first. The only problem is finding a trade partner.

robert70x7

Reaction score
JonJon;4424417 said:
Yeah Jacksonville is in a tough spot. They need a dominant WR, but this class is a little week outside of Blackmon. The best thing J'ville can do is try to trade back and pick up a WR like Floyd or Wright later in the first. The only problem is finding a trade partner.

I didn't want to badger people with trades. I had Orson Charles one spot ahead of Ta'Amu and I would've loved to pick him up. Didn't work hard enough I guess. I also tried trading back in to get Jeffery. I just don't think a lot of people would have wanted to trade up to get Richardson, and Dallas wouldn't want to trade up to get DeCastro.

I do expect J'Ville to sign one of the top wide receivers in free agency, maybe too. Or at least I have to tell myself that to justify the picks that I am making.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
robert70x7;4424393 said:
The main problem that I am running into with the Jaguars is no free agency period to see them getting 1 or 2 WRs coming in. I haven't found value at any picks for WRs, except for maybe Sanu in the 2nd and I wanted to go offensive line.

I think this has to be taken into consideration and it really is subjective. I fully expect to get slammed for not taking any skill players yet for Gabbert, but I like my draft and feel like I've stuck to a Gene Smith type philosophy. Others will feel differently.

I had the same problem with OT for the Bears. Since the draft was pretty deep at the WR position in round two, I was going to take Mike Adams with my first pick. Then the Chargers went and nabbed right before my pick. I ended up swinging a trade with the Bills to move back up in the second round to grab Zebrie Sanders. I really didn't want to trade up, but the Bears are really hurting and it seemed pretty realistic given that two draft sites had the Chiefs nabbing Sanders with their number two just a few spots after.

Luckily, Casmith agreed to a pretty reasonable trade and it did not keep me from grabbing the db that I was targeting.

This has actually been a good experience. I would love to stage another one closer to the draft.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
The thing is, you can't really go wrong with a team like Jax because they have so many holes. You can't fix that team in one draft so you did good taking the BPA. I do think they will get a receiver in FA...hopefully they stay away from Robinson and go after someone like Dwayne Bowe.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
JonJon;4424430 said:
The thing is, you can't really go wrong with a team like Jax because they have so many holes. You can't fix that team in one draft so you did good taking the BPA. I do think they will get a receiver in FA...hopefully they stay away from Robinson and go after someone like Dwayne Bowe.

They need a lot, that's for sure. They can't count on MJD to repeat last season. That was an unreal performance considering the Jags faced 8-9 man fronts in the box each game. Other teams had no fear of that passing game.

robert70x7

Reaction score
I'm trying to trade up. Want to go a 7th rounder if anyone is willing before 101.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Risen Star;4423892 said:
Blame New England. This is the 2nd time he's held us up.

Just send in a list of ten or so players. I wouldn't wait up.

Yeah sorry I don't have the time or ability to just sit on my butt next to a computer for your convience.

I don't do lists cause I like to do things in a certain way. Won't matter either way. I had a good time but I won't bother with something like this again because of this type of attitude.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4424487 said:
Yeah sorry I don't have the time or ability to just sit on my butt next to a computer for your convience.

I don't do lists cause I like to do things in a certain way. Won't matter either way. I had a good time but I won't bother with something like this again because of this type of attitude.

Sounds as if that is a wise course of action. Let me just say, having done this kind of thing once or twice, it's not easy to do this. It's not easy to administrate this entire thing. I appreciate the time and effort Risen and Hos. I think you guys have done a great job with this.

Thank you both!

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4424490 said:
Sounds as if that is a wise course of action. Let me just say, having done this kind of thing once or twice, it's not easy to do this. It's not easy to administrate this entire thing. I appreciate the time and effort Risen and Hos. I think you guys have done a great job with this.

Thank you both!

Agree

Thanks guys

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;4424487 said:

That's fine. Every year we have one baby such as yourself who thinks the clock doesn't pertain to him.

Hostile gave you that extra time. If it were up to me, I'd have removed you the moment you threatened to quit.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4424490 said:

Thank you both!

Yeah they've done a fine job.

I'm sure it's very hard. I just don't appreciate comments like that, especially when I went long periods of time between picks and i wasn't on here complaining about that or the fact that I couldn't just be tied down to a computer so that I'd be there when the picks finally rolled in to my turn.

When you do something like this part of the process is simply going to be waiting.

But, hey, it's all good. It was a pretty good time and I enjoyed it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Risen Star;4424494 said:
That's fine. Every year we have one baby such as yourself who thinks the clock doesn't pertain to him.

Hostile gave you that extra time. If it were up to me, I'd have removed you the moment you threatened to quit.

Awesome.

Good to know. Thanks.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Either way it went pretty fast. Just had to have my trusty smart phone and a good draft plan.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Guys, we don't need the bad blood. It's working fine. Let's keep going.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate making picks for people. But there's really no other option if they aren't around and don't send in a list.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4424502 said:
Guys, we don't need the bad blood. It's working fine. Let's keep going.

I think most had a good time.

I love to look at where they do end up going in the draft and then, of course, 3 or 4 years later when you really see who did well and who didn't.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I've had a great time. There is no bad blood for me on any of it. It is what it is and I've personally enjoyed it.