***Cowboyszone Mock Draft Discussion Thread***

RESIN8

Reaction score
gollum said:
Where would Rogers(and Smith for that matter) be ranked in last year's draft?

lol last years draft was last years draft, and look at what happened with Rivers. He could have well gone to the Packers last year, but for some reason San Diego fell in love with the guy. If the scouts ended up so impressed with SMiths workouts they gave a standing ovation and Rodgers was said to have an equally impressive workout then i guess they must have them rated very high.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
jterrell said:
None of this years selections would have been top 5 last year. After that its just guessing but this is a weaker class for sure.

Besnon was a late first last year had he come out. Carnell Williams may have went top 10 last season. His value actually dropped because he split time with Brown. Since this class is weaker he may go at the same spot he would have though.
Agreed! I too think that Cadillac would have gone top 10 had he come out last year....the others would have been late 1st rounders at best (22-32).....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
gollum said:
LMAO...are you getting kickbacks from 'ol Danny?
No but it makes no sense for actual GMs to armchair GM. LOL.

Rodgers can be had here and every team seems to want to trade down. Just trade up and get him if you feel he is a franchise guy.

Personally I saw him get beat by Texas Tech who has a fairly mediocre defense and he was nothing to rave about for me. I saw him particpate in the QB portion of the skills challenge and he just came across as another guy. But QB is a crap shoot position.

k19

Reaction score
jterrell said:
He was on 2 hours ago so prolly just thought he had alot of time.:(

Force MW on him in exchange for 9 his 3rd and next years 1 and 2. Danny Boy would do it :D

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I was notified that ghettogandhi could be making the selection for Gunter.......but I do not see him online either.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I was notified that ghettogandhi could be making the selection for Gunter.......but I do not see him online either.

Man, leave it to the Commanders to mess things up. Even in a Cowboys mock draft. :banghead:

Oh well, at this reat I won't be picking till sometime on Monday.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
jterrell said:
He was on 2 hours ago so prolly just thought he had alot of time.:(

Well when your told you have 3 hours to pick what did they think would happen. I left for over 2 hours and went to a softball game and only 7 people picked. Is time suspended for the night? Like lets say 9pm if so the actual draft will take place before this one is out of the first round. This is bad How long are we giving in rounds 2-4? is it still 3 hours? :mad:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Well when your told you have 3 hours to pick what did they think would happen. I left for over 2 hours and went to a softball game and only 7 people picked. Is time suspended for the night? Like lets say 9pm if so the actual draft will take place before this one is out of the first round. This is bad How long are we giving in rounds 2-4? is it still 3 hours? :mad:
Rd. 1 - 3 hours
Rd. 2 - 2 hours
Rds. 3 & 4 - 90 minut

jksmith269

Reaction score
If I'm not on when its my time to draft E-Mail or IM me. I don't pick until round two so it should be some time Monday or Tuesday.

Hey CBZ what are we going to do on Monday? I mean people have to work and some can't get on the CPU to make their Picks.

ALso what about at night? do you suspend picks after 9pm (11 would prob be better) or something then Resume at 9am EST?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Im afraid that the next few selectors are ready to make their picks now but by the time the Skins make theirs, these selectors will be gone.
Sorry for sounding pessimistic but I see this being an ongoing problem.

why dont we make it 15 minutes a pick? If the team is MIA, we pick for them.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Why can't we just make a shorter time? This draft will take forever...

RESIN8

Reaction score
how about alllowing the guys to make the picks up to 15 minutes like the real draft and if they aren't up then you go by a draft board and just pick the BPA. Really we shouldn't allow the bad apples spoil the bunch. I really it's 1 pm my time and we started at 9 am PST. THis will make the draft proceed smoothly. If you're not around for your pick, tough tittie.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Im afraid that the next few selectors are ready to make their picks now but by the time the Skins make theirs, these selectors will be gone.

why dont we make it 15 minutes a pick? If the team is MIA, we pick for them.

I'm about ready to take a nap! ;)

If it's this bad for me, I can't imagine how it must be for an old codger like CBZ. He must be ready to fall asleep in his pea soup! :D

jksmith269

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

This was a good Idea but, We should have sent our top 10-15 picks in, in the order we would take them. then if they are absent CBZ or Avery could make the selection for them. I also think if a shorter time limit were given then it would also have gone a lot smoother. I'm not knocking CBZ actually Thanks for putting this together CBZ and Avery I guess I'm just frustrated I've been looking forward to this for over a week and its going so slowwwwww. But I also know we all knew the rules I think someone actually brought the time thing up when the rules were first posted maybe if more people would have said something then it would have been changed but it is to late now.

peacockaja

Reaction score
RESIN8 said:
how about alllowing the guys to make the picks up to 15 minutes like the real draft and if they aren't up then you go by a draft board and just pick the BPA. Really we shouldn't allow the bad apples spoil the bunch. I really it's 1 pm my time and we started at 9 am PST. THis will make the draft proceed smoothly. If you're not around for your pick, tough tittie.

i agree it was going pretty smoothly up till this pick and it is just taking way to long

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I was under the assumption that Round 1- 1-3 hours meant- the whole round might take 1-3 hours.
Not 1-3 hours per pick.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
It's been 2 hours since the last pick.....ONLY 1 more hour to go..... ;)