Merriman
Williamson
or
Pac Man Jones

2 and a half hours left on their clock. OMG

bsheeern

Reaction score
Phrozen Phil said:
Start up the chant for the Skin's pick. Lightbody, Lightbody, Lightbody....:)
I think we should just remove the skins from the draft anyway just for kicks!!!

gollum

Reaction score
Since we have time...and plenty of it...just a thought to ponder.

If you were Tags, what top five players would you invite to the draft to sit in the green room? I think this year, the NFL could be totally embarassed because the draft is so wide open.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
You guys are doing such a great job... this old man keeping up with/ya ...lol

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Phrozen Phil said:
Benson to Zona.... predictable but solid....
Who plays QB for 'Zona and NOT just this year BUT for the future? This draft deep in RBs but not QBs. Aaron Rodgers was still on the board. Intersting to see 'Zona's draft board..... :confused:

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Shuttemdown41 said:
So the question now is how far will Rodgers fall?
Is Joey Harrington still the "future" in D-Town? Aaron Rodgers still out there.....hmmmm.....

Spontae

Reaction score
5mics said:
Who plays QB for 'Zona and NOT just this year BUT for the future? This draft deep in RBs but not QBs. Aaron Rodgers was still on the board. Intersting to see 'Zona's draft board..... :confused:

Who plays Rb for them, Emmitt? One position at a time, my friend. They have a third QB, Navarre that they have high hopes for, and appear to want Warner and McCown to battle for the starting spot this year. Hope that clears your confusion.

And Zona's (i.e., my) draft board had Rolle, Johnson and Benson just ahead of Rodgers.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Spontae said:
Who plays Rb for them, Emmitt? One position at a time, my friend. They have a third QB, Navarre that they have high hopes for, and appear to want Warner and McCown to battle for the starting spot this year. Hope that clears your confusion.
Warner = stop gap
McCown = you're NOT serious?!
Navarre = see above
Rodgers = rated in Top 10 in all publications I've seen
RBs = even "franchise" ones can be had in 2nd round or below, especially nowadays

JMO but still curious to me.....

gollum

Reaction score
5mics said:
Warner = stop gap
McCown = you're NOT serious?!
Navarre = see above
Rodgers = rated in Top 10 in all publications I've seen
RBs = even "franchise" ones can be had in 2nd round or below, especially nowadays

JMO but still curious to me.....
Where would Rogers(and Smith for that matter) be ranked in last year's draft?

RESIN8

Reaction score
Spontae said:

And Zona's (i.e., my) draft board had Rolle, Johnson and Benson just ahead of Rodgers.

Benson ahead of Rodgers? after that horrible workout and knowing that the guy is already been labled a ME first player. I mean the days are looking like Donahoe is going to make the Henry trade. And if they don't make the trade they can always grab JJ Arrington. AZ is probably gonna follow the NY Giants formula of Warner starting till the new QB is ready.

That's just my opinion though!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
5. Tampa Bay--Carnell Williams, RB, Auburn
Makes alot of sense if Gruden commits to the run more than he has ever before. Best value available for sure. Could really help catapult TB back into playoff contention provided Gruden will rely on the defense and running game as Dungy did.

6. Tennessee--Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami
Tennessee has lots of holes and in Rolle they get a starter and playmaker. Rolle is big enough to cover the NFL's new breed of WR. Of all the CBs selected in round 1 he is the most likely to handle Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards.

7. Minnesota (from Oakland)--Derrick Johnson, LB, UT
Odd pick for the Vikings who already spent all off-seaosn upgrading their defense and added Nap Harris in the Moss trade. Culpepper has to hate this selection. Probably a bit too high for Williamson so may have been a BPA selection.

8. Arizona--Cedric Benson, RB, Texas
Arizona got a lot better at a huge position of need. This was a great selection and a clear winner of the early picks. Besnon is from Midland, Texas and is used to the type of climate he will face in Arizona.

9. Washington
On the clock and with the highest rated players left being Aaron Rodgers, Shawne Merriman, Pac-Man Jones, Troy Williamson, Alex Barron they could go almost any direction.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
gollum said:
Where would Rogers(and Smith for that matter) be ranked in last year's draft?
That's a VERY good question! I really don't know BUT where would Smith, Rodgers and Benson have been ranked in last year's draft?! Anyone? I'm curious myself..... :confused:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you are a GM thats likes Rodgers trade for him or hush up. lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
5mics said:
That's a VERY good question! I really don't know BUT where would Smith, Rodgers and Benson have been ranked in last year's draft?! Anyone? I'm curious myself..... :confused:
None of this years selections would have been top 5 last year. After that its just guessing but this is a weaker class for sure.

Besnon was a late first last year had he come out. Carnell Williams may have went top 10 last season. His value actually dropped because he split time with Brown. Since this class is weaker he may go at the same spot he would have though.