***Cowboyszone Mock Draft Discussion Thread***

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I also think that Jammal Brown is clearly the best choice for the Jags which saddens me to some extent as I think he'd be a great pickup for us at #27.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Avery said:
The less time the best, I say 10-15 mins max. We need to get this baby rolling.

People would be interested in doing one the night before the draft as well I think, even if it's only 10 or 11 souls that can occupy three teams.
I think a better idea would be to go into "Chat" the night before the draft.
All who show up get to vote once for each pick.

Basically predicting what they think each team will do.
Majority rules and we try to do 1 or 2 rounds by voting on the most likely picks for each team.
That way you set a time limit for each pick. Everyone votes (regardless of who is there or not) and move to the next after that time limit. No questions asked.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
can we solve this draft before discussing another one?
I say we pick for Native Born.

I have sat here for 10 hours waiting to pick...

Yeah, I mean fair is fair and all but to sit around for 10 hours and only be at pick 21 is a bit much. Seclect a CB for the Jags and lets move on.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
its silly to waste another hour hoping he shows up now at night when he hasn't been on all day. Pick BPA and move on....

Avery

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I think a better idea would be to go into "Chat" the night before the draft.
All who show up get to vote once for each pick.

Basically predicting what they think each team will do.
Majority rules and we try to do 1 or 2 rounds by voting on the most likely picks for each team.
That way you set a time limit for each pick. Everyone votes (regardless of who is there or not) and move to the next after that time limit. No questions asked.

I think we can do that as a seperate draft from this one. New GM's, new teams, everything, but we can finish this one by hammering out some revised rules.

Here's my suggestion for this mock: 10 minute picks. That's a guaranteed six picks an hour.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Tio said:
its silly to waste another hour hoping he shows up now at night when he hasn't been on all day. Pick BPA and move on....

Don't you have a co GM? if so why don't one of you be the alternate and make the pick??????? just don't pick the player on my card...LOL

Avery

Reaction score
I think Jammal Brown should be the pick.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Don't you have a co GM? if so why don't one of you be the alternate and make the pick??????? just don't pick the player on my card...LOL
Im the co gm. Its cbz's decision however. Plus, i don't want to have that whole day of pming and typing wasted. You have no idea how many people we talked to...

Spontae

Reaction score
Just my humble opinion based on my board so far:

Best value: Barron at 12
Furthest fall: Rodgers at 10
Big reach: K. Barnes at 19

Avery

Reaction score
I have a trade to announce:

Dallas trades #27 to Baltimore for #95, #111, a 1st round pick and a 5th round pick in 2006.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Avery said:

Dallas trades #27 to Baltimore for #95, #111, a 1st round pick and a 5th round pick in 2006.
interesting...

this draft is crazy.

good fun when its rolling...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tio said:
Im the co gm. Its cbz's decision however. Plus, i don't want to have that whole day of pming and typing wasted. You have no idea how many people we talked to...
no kidding bro.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Avery said:

When you get a second.......I would like to see all the draft picks you have piled up in front of you. Just wondering cuz it seems like a lot!