***Cowboyszone Mock Draft Discussion Thread***

Spontae

Reaction score
Avery said:
I was hoping I'd see Spears slide to here after trading out. Got a guy that could go #11 later in the draft and picked up a couple 2nd rounders.

This is a great pace as of late, hope we can keep the rhythm going.

I would have guessed Spears might have slid even further in this mock.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Troy Williamson and Andre Johnson.
That could be deadly.
Too bad David Carr sucks.

Was going to draft Barron, but SD snatched him up instead. Williamson and Johnson could be tough to defend, too bad Carr is probably going to get killed again.

Spontae

Reaction score
My board has J Brown, T Johnson and H Miller as the next three BPAs.. Anyone else...?

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Tio said:
Nice ave.

Native hasn't been on in a while. I was constantly trying to see if he was online tomake a deal with him.

Just threaten to move on without him and he will magically appear... :D

RESIN8

Reaction score
Jacksonville could go Jammal Brown. All those Jag fans in my group where whining about an OT. Except for the fact that for some stupid reason Cadilllac dropped all the way into the 20's (go figure). Jammal Brown would be a great pick for the Jags though

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
RESIN8 said:
Jacksonville could go Jammal Brown. All those Jag fans in my group where whining about an OT. Except for the fact that for some stupid reason Cadilllac dropped all the way into the 20's (go figure). Jammal Brown would be a great pick for the Jags though

Don't rule out CB just yet...

Spontae

Reaction score
Has there been a consensus opinion reached yet regarding the shortening of time per pick in rounds 2-4?

Avery

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
And we were starting to move along so well...

6 picks in 25 minutes, that was a great ride and helped us out a lot.

With 10 EST drawing, ending the first round is going to take a miracle.

Avery

Reaction score
Spontae said:
Has there been a consensus opinion reached yet regarding the shortening of time per pick in rounds 2-4?

Well, 2nd round is 90 minutes and 3/4 is 60 but I'm all in favor of cutting the subsequent rounds down big time. It's CBZ's and your decisions, but I think we can trim this baby down myself...

RESIN8

Reaction score
Avery said:
Don't rule out CB just yet...

who's worthy? Justin Miller is the next CB that i've got on my board.

So this draft is going on into the wee hours of the morning? Thats fine with me since i live on the west coast. Hope everyone finds an acceptable conclusion to the next 3 rounds.

Avery

Reaction score
RESIN8 said:
who's worthy? Justin Miller is the next CB that i've got on my board.

I think Marlin Jackson may be worth a look as well...

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Avery said:
Well, 2nd round is 90 minutes and 3/4 is 60 but I'm all in favor of cutting the subsequent rounds down big time. It's CBZ's and your decisions, but I think we can trim this baby down myself...

Did you change the rules the original time for round two was 2 hours and round 3 and 4 was 90min.

Time Limits:

Rd. 1 - 3 hours
Rd. 2 - 2 hours
Rds. 3 & 4 - 90 minutes

Don't get me wrong I don't mind one bit I wish you would shorten the time to 20min max but thats just me....I have my card filled out for my pick at 25

Avery

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Did you change the rules the original time for round two was 2 hours and round 3 and 4 was 90min.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind one bit I wish you would shorten the time to 20min max but thats just me....I have my card filled out for my pick at 25

Actually, what I said was off the top of my head and I didn't confirm but I for one wouldn't mind shorter pick times... by a lot...

Spontae

Reaction score
Suggestion:

5 minutes unless you announce that a trade is being discussed, which gets you 10 minutes.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Avery, all told, I think you and Cbz40 are doing a great job. Agree the time between picks should be slashed. Also, If you guys can handle the spam, it would make sense to have everyone submit 3-5 ordered options for their second round. It's harder to predict who will be there and doesn't account for falling players, but there has to be a way to keep things going. I figure the point of the mock was to see who would be taken and where. If GMs want the "rush" of making an e-pick, they'll stick around...