***Cowboyszone Mock Draft Discussion Thread***

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Well, I would have traded down if I could have and still had a shot at Brown or pick up value. But both GMs wanted me to take about 1000 less points of value. One guy called it "ridiculous" that I would ask for more than picks valued at 1354 for the #2 pick.

I got the player I wanted, though. I would have taken him immediately if 49ers had taken Rodgers. Guess the interest in Mike Williams is strong.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Phrozen Phil said:
Absolutely. No pressure on Cobra. I do think, however, that when it's time for someone to go on the clock, they should be forced to listen to the them for "I Love Lucy" until they've made their pick. Try that for 3 hours... :cool:
lol.
My wife loves that friggin show. We have half of the TIVO hard drive filled with it. If I told her I could burn it to DVD for her I'd end up a slave to that friggin show.

Oh well it gives her something to do when I am watching sports or posting.

I just want to make sure we arent bullying GMs into making hasty decisions.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Thats the thing with this draft. The value isn't really there to trade up. I have had some offers to move up, but I think you can get comparable value and still keep your picks to get some guys that can contribute in a pretty deep draft.

I am not expecting many trades on the real draft day.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
cobra said:
Well, I would have traded down if I could have and still had a shot at Brown or pick up value. But both GMs wanted me to take about 1000 less points of value. One guy called it "ridiculous" that I would ask for more than picks valued at 1354 for the #2 pick.

I got the player I wanted, though. I would have taken him immediately if 49ers had taken Rodgers. Guess the interest in Mike Williams is strong.

It will be clear in the next few picks. ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› of Cleveland may be in a bind or in a good position. He could go in a lot of different directions. I'm predicting defense.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
cobra said:

I understand. I expect Brown to go 2 to the Phins for just the reasons you mention. I "migfht" have taken the crap value deal just to move down tho in this case because I rate the 3 RBs very close and actuall like Benson quite alot tho he is said to be the 3rd of the 3. Take the last of the 3, save a lot of cap money for the lower pick and get a little bonus for drafting later.

Another thing I might have done was ask that the 3 hours be fast-forwarded so that #3 was on the clock since I don't think Chicago would have drafted a RB. That woudl have taught the guys who wanted MW a lesson. LOL.

k19

Reaction score
I took Williams based on the BPA mentallity. A WR of his size and skills don't come along every year. I couldnt justify to myself that "Lights out"
was all that and DJ Doesnt fit the sytem.

k19

Reaction score
thats what they all say when the rugs pulled put from under them........

Umm I meant to do that

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I like the MW selection if in fact CLE has done so to leverage it into a trade. If not then they will really need to get better QB play. A WR tandem of Antonio Bryant, Mike Williams and others could be dangerous but also inconsistent.

CLE really needs to address DL as this draft continues.

k19

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
predictions... Im 2 for 2.

and 3 picks have been made. I can be perfect to if I pick predict the obvious

k19

Reaction score
jterrell said:
I like the MW selection if in fact CLE has done so to leverage it into a trade. If not then they will really need to get better QB play. A WR tandem of Antonio Bryant, Mike Williams and others could be dangerous but also inconsistent.

CLE really needs to address DL as this draft continues.

Imagaine this JT.

A spread set of AB, MW, AND "the soldier" would be nightmares for opposing D's

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Interesting. It looks like the "draft for need" mind set doesn't apply here. I'll be ther forst to admit that WR isn't the biggest need for SF, but it's even less of a need for Cleveland.