CowboysZone Movie Genre Tournament Feedback Thread (Winner Post 342)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and hollywood better not screw with Creature...there's only one.
HA!

We are talking about Hollywood. That industry defined retro.

Creature will eventually be remade. I only hope they make the monster look cool. Heck, I should not be surprised if they get that right as I think of Hellboy or The Shape of Water...

cowboyec

Reaction score
HA!

We are talking about Hollywood. That industry defined retro.

Creature will eventually be remade. I only hope they make the monster look cool. Heck, I should not be surprised if they get that right as I think of Hellboy or The Shape of Water...
i am surprised they haven't done a remake.
but color would ruin that film.
it was perfect for black n white...specially when the lady takes a swim and has NO IDEA who has decided to tag along.
color film would ruin it...i think.
just like the day the earth stood still...when klatu borrows the kids flash light and takes a walk back to his saucer...and the kid follows.
the music and the use of darkness and shadows makes that entire scene a brilliant work of art.

Lutonio

Reaction score
This is the feedback thread. Gripes are feedback. Members post their gripes, I mean, feedback in this thread, right? I am a member. Okay. Deep breath. I have a gripe *cough!* feedback FEEDBACK I say!

If The Matrix beats John Carpenter's The Thing, I will guess it is due to folks having seen The Matrix and them not seeing Carpenter's classic. Yeah. It is likely I am 100% wrong. And while I will probably not be griping (FEEDBACK gosh darn it to heck!) any more about the tournament, it does make me feel better thinking that may well be the case. Even if I may be totally wrong.
You’re not wrong. If The Thing loses to the Matrix then the entire validity of the tournament is nullified. It’s that good.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Yeah didn't get Donnie Darko in the comedy department.

5b3be6da-6451-4469-930b-8f9c744386db-gif.800237

It’s prophetic when you watch it as a stoned 14 year old, but it is in, in fact, a joke when you watch it as an adult.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
i gotta say it.
no way is tombstone better than for a few dollars more.
not then.
not now.
not ever.
tombstone is great.
no doubt.
few dollars is better.
it just is.

cowboyec

Reaction score
and for what it's worth....i think i figured out the true name of the man with no name....josey wales.

think 'bout it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me, the ultimate horror movies don't give you a break. The Exorcist, Alien and The Thing were unrelenting, they never let up, never give you a relief laugh, they build such an ominous feeling that there is no break, just the ending.

I really like the mastery of setting the tone right off and the use of music to do that. Alien builds the suspense from the beginning with that score and the camera work and The Relic uses a great film score and lighting to do that. The Exorcist helped make Mike Oldfield a household name. Carpenter liked to do his own music opens and his Halloween is a masterpiece of simplicity and nervous anticipation. Mood setting in Horror movies is an art unto itself.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i gotta say it.
not then.
not now.
not ever.
tombstone is great.
no doubt.
few dollars is better.
it just is.
Is not, that's just your opinion and your opinion is wrong. It is yours and you can have it but you are wrong. G,B & U, yep, I'll agree that epic is better than Tombstone but only by a smidgeon. Tombstone is quadruple smidgeons better than For a Few Dollars More. I'll take Fistful over that. Without Fistful, we don't get Last Man Standing.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Is not, that's just your opinion and your opinion is wrong. It is yours and you can have it but you are wrong. G,B & U, yep, I'll agree that epic is better than Tombstone but only by a smidgeon. Tombstone is quadruple smidgeons better than For a Few Dollars More. I'll take Fistful over that. Without Fistful, we don't get Last Man Standing.
is so to.
the gun-fight scene ALONE puts the wyatts and crew under a tombstone(see what i did there).
said it before.
say it again.
THE MAN WITH NO NAME...
:starspin:GREATEST.TRILOGY.EV'A.:starspin:
(inarguable when surrounded by the rotating star).

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
i gotta say it.
not then.
not now.
not ever.
tombstone is great.
no doubt.
few dollars is better.
it just is.
Disagree. Tombstone has great acting, great actors, excellent gunfights, writing, and great one liners. "I'm your huckleberry."

cowboyec

Reaction score
Disagree. Tombstone has great acting, great actors, excellent gunfights, writing, and great one liners. "I'm your huckleberry."
my personal favorite was "HELL'S COMIN' WITH ME"
great film.
no question.
but few dollars is better.

cowboyec

Reaction score
gladiator and rings are in one helluva duel.
there might not be a movie left to advance after they finish with each other.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah, I prefer good acting.
I can abide so so acting if it's a Western I like, never thought John Wayne was that great and Audie Murphy was terrible but he was Destry and a true American war hero. Alan Ladd wasn't a great actor early on. Randolph Scott wasn't a good actor.

Roy Rogers was a great actor because he faked orgasms with Dale. He really had the hots for Pat Brady.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can abide so so acting if it's a Western I like, never thought John Wayne was that great and Audie Murphy was terrible but he was Destry and a true American war hero. Alan Ladd wasn't a great actor early on. Randolph Scott wasn't a good actor.

Roy Rogers was a great actor because he faked orgasms with Dale. He really had the hots for Pat Brady.
I never thought John Wayne was a great actor either...but he was The Duke. There is no substitute. And he did get better in his later films, like The Cowboys. Possible it was just that he didn't have good directors.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There have been four edits made within this tournament.

The first member who discovers the changes and posts the answer here wins...

tenor.gif

ONE BILLION DOLLARS!

In Monopoly money! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.