READ THIS ******* CowboysZone servers have been UPGRADED! Better. Faster. Stronger! *******

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are pleased to announce that CowboysZone has moved to new and faster servers! The process went smoothly and without any issues.

We also moved CowboysZone over to a secure SSL connection to provide better security while you are using the site. In addition, the site now supports HTTP/2 connections for faster site hosted asset downloads (ex: avatars) which most modern browsers support automatically.

On the server software side, we upgraded several software packages we use to power the site and switched to newer faster web server software which should help support faster connections and transfers even under high traffic.

As most of you have noticed, we have always focused on making sure CowboysZone operates as fast as possible. These server upgrades and other improvements we are making will continue to help keep the site running smoothly even as the site's traffic continues to increase.

We have several exciting things planned for CowboysZone in the near future, so we hope you are as excited as we are for CowboysZone and the upcoming Dallas Cowboys season!

*** UPDATE #1 ***

I have implemented an image caching system so now all images hosted off-site will be temporarily (not permanently) cached on the CZ servers which will help keep the SSL connections private and also greatly speed up pages with several external images.

Last edited:

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Feels fast!

post-19715-Brent-Rambo-gif-thumbs-up-imgu-L3yP.gif

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pages are loading before I click. Is that normal?
I started to use buzz words like "machine learning" and "AI" that every company now uses for no reason, so ...

"Through machine learning, CowboysZone now anticipates which threads mean the most to you and pre-loads them so you never have to wait! In fact, you are the slowest component in the process! Once machine learning progresses to the point where it can post for you, your human model will become obsolete!"

Just to be clear, the above statements are not true .. *winks and nods* :.. :D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I started to use buzz words like "machine learning" and "AI" that every company now uses for no reason, so ...

"Through machine learning, CowboysZone now anticipates which threads mean the most to you and pre-loads them so you never have to wait! In fact, you are the slowest component in the process! Once machine learning progresses to the point where it can post for you, your human model will become obsolete!"

Just to be clear, the above statements are not true .. *winks and nods* :.. :D

On a related point, casmith is also now responding to posts I haven't even made yet. These faster servers are great, but it's going to get confusing.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Congrats! I have architected and managed java and ruby based app servers for 8+ years and can appreciate the amount of work and technicals hurdles for such a migration.