READ THIS ******* CowboysZone servers have been UPGRADED! Better. Faster. Stronger! *******

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
We are pleased to announce that CowboysZone has moved to new and faster servers! The process went smoothly and without any issues.

We also moved CowboysZone over to a secure SSL connection to provide better security while you are using the site. In addition, the site now supports HTTP/2 connections for faster site hosted asset downloads (ex: avatars) which most modern browsers support automatically.

On the server software side, we upgraded several software packages we use to power the site and switched to newer faster web server software which should help support faster connections and transfers even under high traffic.

As most of you have noticed, we have always focused on making sure CowboysZone operates as fast as possible. These server upgrades and other improvements we are making will continue to help keep the site running smoothly even as the site's traffic continues to increase.

We have several exciting things planned for CowboysZone in the near future, so we hope you are as excited as we are for CowboysZone and the upcoming Dallas Cowboys season!

*** UPDATE #1 ***

I have implemented an image caching system so now all images hosted off-site will be temporarily (not permanently) cached on the CZ servers which will help keep the SSL connections private and also greatly speed up pages with several external images.

Good stuff, would love to hear the details some day.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are pleased to announce that CowboysZone has moved to new and faster servers! The process went smoothly and without any issues.

We also moved CowboysZone over to a secure SSL connection to provide better security while you are using the site. In addition, the site now supports HTTP/2 connections for faster site hosted asset downloads (ex: avatars) which most modern browsers support automatically.

On the server software side, we upgraded several software packages we use to power the site and switched to newer faster web server software which should help support faster connections and transfers even under high traffic.

As most of you have noticed, we have always focused on making sure CowboysZone operates as fast as possible. These server upgrades and other improvements we are making will continue to help keep the site running smoothly even as the site's traffic continues to increase.

We have several exciting things planned for CowboysZone in the near future, so we hope you are as excited as we are for CowboysZone and the upcoming Dallas Cowboys season!

*** UPDATE #1 ***

I have implemented an image caching system so now all images hosted off-site will be temporarily (not permanently) cached on the CZ servers which will help keep the SSL connections private and also greatly speed up pages with several external images.
I don't know what any of this means, but Thanks!!

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
It's probably the same issue. You need to clear your browser cache as the site switched from non-SSL (http) to SSL (https) for secured connections. When you clear your browser cache, make sure you are NOT on CowboysZone.com in any browser window or tab while doing it.
I tried this and still can't access the site on my laptop.

I get "this page can't be reached" on Chrome and "not secure" on Firefox. Any ideas on what else I can try?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tried this and still can't access the site on my laptop.

I get "this page can't be reached" on Chrome and "not secure" on Firefox. Any ideas on what else I can try?
The only thing it can be is either 1) you are not connected to the internet or 2) you need to empty your cache.

It is important to know that if you do not empty your cache using the following method, both browsers will tend to keep some of the data in the cache.

1) Make sure your internet connection is working
2) Close ALL browser windows. Every single one of them
3) Open one browser window, but do NOT go to CowboysZone.com at all, not even temporarily!
4) Clear your browser's cache (not talking cookies or history, but browser cache)
5) Close ALL browser windows. Every single one of them
6) Reboot your computer
7) Open your browser and go to https://cowboyszone.com

** You can repeat steps 1-5 for the second browser before rebooting your computer in step 6.

If you follow those steps, it should resolve your problem. If it does not, I have no other suggestions.