Cowherd: Are Dak and Cowboys too weak for playoffs?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Must be on that same stuff Jerry on. Can't underestimate Dak in big games like this dude some top level qb. Delusion at its finest
Hahaha... I see you're wide awake again this morning. Good morning!

Dak is beginning to build a bit of a "clutch gamer" reputation... I said a bit. Don't jump down my neck!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Any team can get hot at the right time and go on a run. Look at the Giants last two SB wins. If you look at it objectively though, you can see that our odds of beating a team like the Rams or Saints in the playoffs is stacked heavily against us.

:flagwave::yourock::dance::oldcouple:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team has no business in the playoffs its kinda like the bills last year

Why not?
That is another mythical cop out statement.
Teams and no business in the playoffs. They made the playoffs somehow, so yes they deserve to be there.
So what do you propose , remove a team at 8-8 because they don to desert to be there and replace them with a 7-9 team because they seem better to deserve it?

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Dak is beginning to build a bit of a "clutch gamer" reputation... I said a bit. Don't jump down my neck!
It's nothing to jump down your neck for. You believe something I don't and you're entitled to that. It isn't true though.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Since that SB, we have seen:
34-31 - Ravens
43-8 - Seahawks
28-24- Pats
24-10 - Broncos
34-28 - Pats
41-33 - Eagles

2 SB's with a defense. It's an offensive league now. If you can't score 28, I don't think you have a chance.

Here are those teams scoring defense in there respected SB wins. Sorry. Defense wins champs bud.

Eagles #4 ranked scoring defense - 18.4 pts per
Pats #1 ranked scoring defense - 15.0 pts per
Den #4 ranked scoring defense - 18.5 pts per
Pats #10 ranked scoring defense - 19.7 pts per
Seattle #1 ranked scoring defense - 14.4 pts per
Baltimore #12 ranked scoring defense - 22 pts per

Last edited:

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Here are those teams scoring defense in there respected SB wins. Sorry. Defense wins champs bud.

Eagles #4 ranked scoring defense - 18.4 pts per
Pats #1 ranked scoring defense - 15.0 pts per
Den #4 ranked scoring defense - 18.5 pts per
Pats #10 ranked scoring defense - 19.7 pts per
Seattle #1 ranked scoring defense - 15.9 pts per
Baltimore #12 ranked scoring defense - 22 pts per
and yet when they get to the Super bowl those stats go out the window and the offense has to win the game...bud. defense may get them to the game, but it sure isn't winning if for them...not anymore. no offense....no championship...it's that simple in today's NFL.

InTheZone

Reaction score

Tebow was clutch and mirrored Dak

And yes we have a chance as long as our run game isn't stopped and our d doesn't give up TDs

Dallasfann

Reaction score
and yet when they get to the Super bowl those stats go out the window and the offense has to win the game...bud. defense may get them to the game, but it sure isn't winning if for them...not anymore. no offense....no championship...it's that simple in today's NFL.

Haha you obviously aren't gonna get off your agenda even though I just shoved straight stats down your throat. No team in the last 13 years has won a SB when there defense allows more then 22 pts per game The Rams and Chiefs are both allowing 25 +. Who cares about the actual SB scores. Every game is different. I'm saying on an average basis throughout a 16 game season for the last 10 plus years, the winning team on a SB has almost ALWAYS had a top 15 defense.

Hell, the Broncos averaged near 40 points per game in 2013 and scored 8 points in the SB. The Seahawks averaged 24 points per game and scored 43 in that same game. What do you think happened? See I know what happened. The Seahawks only allowed 14 pts a game that season, and the Broncos could only muster 1 TD off them. Denver's defense allowed 25 pts per game that season, Seahawks scored at will on them because of it.

ESisback

Reaction score
Spot on. I don't get why people can't see this. The trend is up right now for the Cowboys. The OL, LVE and Cooper are a significant part of that.

Add Lawrence, Jaylon, and Zeke and yes, we got some talent on this roster!

cowboyec

Reaction score
if we keep playing defense like this....we have a chance.
until proven other wise....in the post-season...defense travels well....and defense can bring championship trophys home.

Im excited to see how this plays out...our defense seems to keep getting better.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If the playoffs began today, he’d be right. But they don’t. There’s still a lot of football to be played. The team appears to be trending up. I’m ok to see how it goes.

If Dak were playing like 2016, and we had a decent OC, we'd be a good team. But Garret's game management will always limit how far we can make it in the playoffs.

pitt33

Reaction score
Here's the thing:

Since the start of 2017, if the Cowboys have one or no giveaways, they are 13-1. If they have two giveaways or more, they are 1-11.

For people who are playing/coaching for their jobs, there's no incentive to take even the slightest risk to try for more points.
Percy -

Think it could be tied to our lack of offense to overcome anymore than two or more turnovers during that timeframe?

ghst187

Reaction score
There is a chance only because KC and Rams are struggling on defense (especially against the run) and stat wise NO is bad against the pass but great against the run. However, earlier in the season against Cleveland, it has shown that NO is suspect to a balance attack and playing good defense.

We couldn’t pull away from one of the worst defenses in the league this past week.
I’m not sleeping on Colt and Wash in two days, Colt beat us and cost us home field in the playoffs a few years back. Our D is good but not great. It’s not Ray Lewis-Ed Reed Ravens good but O is almost as bad as theirs was. We’re not good enough to sleep on ANY team. So if we don’t beat Wash in two days all this playoff talk will go out the window.
But the biggest problem with us against the best four teams right now and the biggest most glaring disparity between us and NO, NE, LA, and KC is at the QB and HC/OC positions.
And huge disparities at those positions are really hard to overcome. Otherwise, I’d like our chances.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak were playing like 2016, and we had a decent OC, we'd be a good team. But Garret's game management will always limit how far we can make it in the playoffs.

Disagree there. It was the pass defense that tubed that team in the playoffs, and not the offense or the 'game management' at all.