Cowherd: Are Dak and Cowboys too weak for playoffs?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the playoffs began today, he’d be right. But they don’t. There’s still a lot of football to be played. The team appears to be trending up. I’m ok to see how it goes.

I can agree with that. The offensive numbers have been somewhat better since Cooper's arrival and the changes on the offensiveness line.

But they simply have to fix the red zone issues.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we were in post season starting today? No I think it would be a lot to expect success. However the post season is not today, in my view this team needs to continue to work and develop especially on offense. I do see signs of life in this offense since Cooper was signed, it is helping other WR and is helping the run game. Dak entered this season with 1 WR he has played with in the past in Beasley. It falls to this offense led by Dak to get in sync with these other WR.

Well said.
:thumbup:

Verdict

Reaction score
If the playoffs began today, he’d be right. But they don’t. There’s still a lot of football to be played. The team appears to be trending up. I’m ok to see how it goes.

Spot on. I don't get why people can't see this. The trend is up right now for the Cowboys. The OL, LVE and Cooper are a significant part of that.

BigD_95

Reaction score
It doesnt matter how they get in the playoffs. So what we struggled early. I rather play good late and we have the chance to do that.

Besides. Defense wins in the playoffs and a good running game. Dallas has that. I think this team if it starts rolling can upset some teams in the playoffs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We will know a lot more about this in 9 days.

1. We will know if the cowboys even have a shot at making the playoffs. Gotta beat the skins Thursday.

2. We will see how the cowboys play against one of the best teams in the league against N.O.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
We will know a lot more about this in 9 days.

1. We will know if the cowboys even have a shot at making the playoffs. Gotta beat the skins Thursday.

2. We will see how the cowboys play against one of the best teams in the league against N.O.

This is truth. I'm not looking at the playoffs until we beat the skins. I hate that the Cowboys are suddenly the favorite to win the division. I hope the team doesn't start believing the press. If they lose this game on Thursday, who knows where we go from there. We'd be basically 3 games behind the skins with 5 to play, and pretty much out of the Wild Card race. A win on Thursday is critical if you want to start talking playoffs. Beating the saints would be great, but that game is far less important.

mardwin

Reaction score
Barring no major injuries, the Boyz will make it to the playoffs, and I can’t underestimate Dak in big games.

Dak never won a big game in college, never won a big game in the NFL. I'm not sure what are the basis of your comments.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is truth. I'm not looking at the playoffs until we beat the skins. I hate that the Cowboys are suddenly the favorite to win the division. I hope the team doesn't start believing the press. If they lose this game on Thursday, who knows where we go from there. .

It's fine..

It will be disappointing for sure but long term if it gets us a new coaching staff that can help separate us from mediocrity then it's a good thing.

Jipper

Reaction score
If we get healthy on defense and our offense continues to improve then we will be able to compete against anyone....

All you guys freaking out about the game last night and the massive amount of points have to realize that defense makes a difference in the playoffs and we are a better defensive team....as long as our offense can score in the 20s we have a realistic shot at beating anyone

Bowdown27

Reaction score
if we make the playoffs its a great thing for the team. I don't think garrett lasts if we lose round 1

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Barring no major injuries, the Boyz will make it to the playoffs, and I can’t underestimate Dak in big games.

Ya Dak is made for big games oh boy are the defenses in trouble when Dak drops back to pass....oh man .... those dink and dunks are lethal......:huh:

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Are we too weak for this coming playoff field...doy.
Anyone seriously think we can stay on the same field with NO, KC, or LA?
There is a chance only because KC and Rams are struggling on defense (especially against the run) and stat wise NO is bad against the pass but great against the run. However, earlier in the season against Cleveland, it has shown that NO is suspect to a balance attack and playing good defense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ya Dak is made for big games oh boy are the defenses in trouble when Dak drops back to pass....oh man .... those dink and dunks are lethal......:huh:

It's all about Zeke and chewing clock.

Anything Dak gives us is a bonus at this point.

Just chalk him up for 190 yards passing and a maybe a score from a pass or with his feet and hope we can somehow overcome that.

He's consistent in that department. His good games and bad games look the same.

JayFord

Reaction score
This team has no business in the playoffs its kinda like the bills last year