Cowherd: Are Dak and Cowboys too weak for playoffs?

lostar2009

Reaction score
I'll say this.

They are better then we are but it's because of their QB and coaching.

But Dallas doesn't get ran off the field ever and those teams will not run us off the field either.

We'll probably lose because it's a big play league and we're an Anti-big play team but if we play any of those teams we'll be in it unless we get down early.

Our style of football just doesn't allow teams to score a ton of points because we just run the clock out and make it a 50/50 game.

Exactly that is why I was thinking we may be a mismatch for them. I came to this aftee watching the Rams vs. Chiefs game. They thrive off the big play. Take that away and their isn't much substance, nothing methodical. Big play offensive's are prone to drop some turnovers. One reason we moved from gun slinger Romo to bus driver Romo.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the Dallas Cowboys are in the NFL, they can win games, make the playoffs, and compete for Super Bowls. Is it likely? That is up to the organization to make it happen; but each year the goal should be to win the Super Bowl no matter what the fans think.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Matchups dictate everything. There are teams we matchup against quite well and there are teams we matchup poorly with. We were supposed to get beaten up by the Jaguars but we destroyed them. We were supposed to walk all over the Titans, and we lost.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I'll say this.

They are better then we are but it's because of their QB and coaching.

But Dallas doesn't get ran off the field ever and those teams will not run us off the field either.

We'll probably lose because it's a big play league and we're an Anti-big play team but if we play any of those teams we'll be in it unless we get down early.

Our style of football just doesn't allow teams to score a ton of points because we just run the clock out and make it a 50/50 game.

This is absolute truth.

I'd like to add: playing 50/50 ball hurts us as well. If we opened up vs Tennessee I think we win going away. Instead, we gassed out before they were even close to doing so.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Are we too weak for this coming playoff field...doy.
Anyone seriously think we can stay on the same field with NO, KC, or LA?
You mean 3 teams with a combined 5-3 record against teams with winning records? Hard to say...

Ren

Reaction score
6 more weeks before the playoffs start and there's no guarantee we even make it inn.
If we do make it anything can happen remember the 7-9 Seahawks winning a playoff game when everyone said they had no business even being there

rags747

Reaction score
Will we ever see a 5 or 6 TD game from Dak, maybe 305 yards?

rags747

Reaction score
Agree but our path to a Superbowl is avoiding running QB's I think.

We've been really good against pure pocket guys but a QB that can run has been our downfall this season.

I would welcome playing the Rams if we could get that game.

Are they better then Dallas? Of course.

But they have a statue QB and Dallas fans would more then likely take over that stadium and turn that into a neutral field.
He had a pretty nifty TD run last night.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Luckily the Cowboys are in the weakest division. If we make the playoffs, we deserve it.

May not be too weak for the playoffs but out of all teams, we’d be the weakest for sure.

We are as good as say Minnesota or Carolina who should be the wildcards

kumizi

Reaction score
The Cowboys are at a big disadvantage to the real contenders at the two most important positions: QB and HC

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I just wanna beat the Commanders tomorrow. The playoff questions will sort themselves out.

GenoT

Reaction score
If our defense stays consistent and our offense plays up to their capabilities, we’ve got a shot.

In the preseason, I predicted a slow start with a fast finish, a 10-6 record and an NFC champ-game appearance. Although we’ve been more up and down than I thought we would, we’re still on track.

Other than vs the Saints, it not that far fetched to see us winning out the rest of the schedule, taking our division at 10-6 and having momentum going into the postseason.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
So, it's just OUR division that is weak.... good to know, hell I've been wrong headed thinking a few of those power house teams were in weak, weaker then weak divisions. All that being said, when we make the playoffs, and we will, were 1 and done. Clapper isn't that big time HC that can pump this team up to be anything more then what we see all season...mediocre. Because when it comes down to the big dances, play calling, IE; Green Bay in 16, clock management IE; Green Bay in 16, smart game scheming and ADJUSTMENTS, not just at the 1/2 but through out IE; Green bay in 16..there is no room for halfwit, half hearted, Princeton raa raa coaching come playoff time. Yes, the players must play, but they need to know what the hell is expected, and when to make changes, and when the field leader Dak Prescott in this example needs to take a goofy, 1 off play call and change it at the line. I don't see us getting ANY of that from clap. And BTW, cowturd is frigging wrong about Deshawn Watson, he is NO better then Dak, toss out all the #s you like, both of these 2 QB's are even. Just put Deshawn over on this team with the inept play calling, WR by committee, NO real # 1 to throw to, NO true TE and all the other goofy crap we have to deal with from our sidelines, toss in JJ and Deshawn is probably less then better then Dak. Just my opinion on cowturds remark. Texans will go no where this year in the POs' same as us. So does that matter when it all comes down to who is better? In fact I will 1 up him on that and say the cowboys go deeper then the Texans... there I said it...

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I just wanna beat the Commanders tomorrow. The playoff questions will sort themselves out.
No worries.... we BEAT the foreskins by 13.... that's my bottom number, could be more. You heard it here.