Video: Cowherd - Cowboys future is confusing

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Such a lazy comparison. Do people even watch these games or just spout off for "shock value" and to seem edgy? Dak is light years better than Tebow was. It's not even close. Go look at those Denver games in 2011 where he played? If you think Dak is bad, he makes Dak look like Dan Marino. There were times he'd have like 30-40 yards passing late in the 4th quarter.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I fear Jerry has already made up his mind on Dak,my only hope is they continue to draft Qbs and hope we get a good one who can replace him.

I agree. Jerry loves the idea of Dak as our franchise QB. Dak has shown flashes but hasn’t consistently produced and has limitations when it comes to ball placement and making quick reads. We’d be smart to hold off on any new contract till after next season and draft another QB high in this years draft.

TWOK11

Reaction score
When they sign him to a big contract I'll be proven right.

They don't have talent evaluators running this team. This isn't my opinion. It's a fact.

Why should be listen to someone whose projected win total for this team was surpassed in November?

Vomit

Reaction score
This is just intellectually lazy nonsense. Tebow has a career completion % of 48, Dak’s is 66%. Dak averages a full 2 more yards per attempt than Tebow did. Tebow’s QB rating was 75.3, Dak’s is 95.5.

There is no comparison whatsoever. Dak is orders of magnitude better than Tim Tebow.
Agreed. Dak is a very good backup QB. Tebow was well Tebow.

risco

Reaction score
Wow- what disrespect for the Saints defense... They do have a defense and they were all over Dak.

risco

Reaction score
This is a must watch video. I wasn’t going to make a thread but Colin makes some great points when it comes to Dak.

Compares him to Tebow and how the Broncos used to win.

Saying Dallas has a lot of big money players that will need to paid and Daks salary could make us lose guys that contribute to winning.

Says that Elway didn’t fall for Tebow and the Cowboys shouldn’t fall for Dak.

It’s a great video and brings up some good talking points.

More on how Daks completion percentage isn’t something to brag about.

This guys was all over Dak during the 2016 year!!! he needs to shut up...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why should be listen to someone whose projected win total for this team was surpassed in November?

I didn't know they would trade for Amari Cooper. Or I'd have said 7 wins probably. Maybe 8 tops.

But I've been far more right over the years with this team. You're just a cheerleader.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I didn't know they would trade for Amari Cooper. Or I'd have said 7 wins probably. Maybe 8 tops.

But I've been far more right over the years with this team. You're just a cheerleader.

And if they win just the games they’ll be favored in, the Cowboys will win 10 games and the division.

lk8701

Reaction score
This is a must watch video. I wasn’t going to make a thread but Colin makes some great points when it comes to Dak.

Compares him to Tebow and how the Broncos used to win.

Saying Dallas has a lot of big money players that will need to paid and Daks salary could make us lose guys that contribute to winning.

Says that Elway didn’t fall for Tebow and the Cowboys shouldn’t fall for Dak.

It’s a great video and brings up some good talking points.

More on how Daks completion percentage isn’t something to brag about.

Bridgewater is currently on a 1 year 6 million dollar contract. I would happily sign him to a 3 year deal for 18 million. Then Draft a QB in the 1st round and let Dak walk.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It’s all about the contract.

The Cowboys future depends on how low his contract is.

If he gets a big contract it will be bad. He’s not good enough to carry a team and the only reason he’ll get paid is because of the guys around him.
The question is what do you consider a bad contract. I don't think Jerry is going to pay Dak top 5 money. Quarterback is so over valued. Going off topic a little bit. Kirk Cousins, Joe Flacco, Jimmy G, Stafford, and Ryan are so over paid. To me only about 5 Quarterbacks are worth that money. Brady, Brees, Rogers, Big Ben, Cam, and Wilson. They are clearly the best players on their teams. Most importantly their teams would not be playoff contenders without them. Back to the topic Catch. I know you love this team except for the passing attack. What would you do with Dak?

ESisback

Reaction score
I like Dak. He’s big, strong, smart and determined. He’s a leader, a winner, a good guy with a good work ethic.

But Cowherd is right. He’s not good in the pocket, and he fumbles too much. The combination of Dak and Linehan make us too one dimensional.

I hope and pray Jerry doesn’t eat the cheese. IMHO, the best course of action:
1)Change OC.
2)Get a QB guru for Dak.
3)Acquire other options—veteran FA and/or draft. Competition is good.
4)Sign the other pieces first, for the good of the team.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Tebow was terrible. He had a career completion percentage of 47.9% compared to Dak's 65.7%. Lazy reporting to try and make a point. Tebow wasn't half the NFL QB that Dak is. Tebow should have never been an NFL QB and Dak would probably rank as an average NFL QB at this point in his career. Tebow should have been an NFL TE. How soon people forget that Dak was actually in the running for MVP in 2016.

Also, I don't think we are going to find another Peyton Manning on the street to replace Dak Prescott so where does Cowherd suggest we find our next QB? Ask Elway if he wished he would have drafted Prescott instead of Lynch in 2016.

In all fairness to Cowherd, he did say that Dak was a "better version of Tebow." He wasn't necessarily talking about stats but rather, the concept and methodology of winning with a QB like that. The points he makes about adding to the difficulty of keeping this young team together are valid. It is one of the aspects of the "New NFL" I despise most.

IceBowler

Reaction score
LOL...:laugh:

Not happening. This situation could be the Le'veon Bell situation all over. And Dak isn't worth that trouble. I can already see the hold out coming.:rolleyes:

You are assuming the rest of the League believes Dak is as viable talent as Bell. That is probably not the case. For Dak to hold out would be ludicrous.

sbark

Reaction score
Any contract to dak should be performance based, limit the guar money