Cowherd: Garrett not going anywhere

waving monkey

Reaction score
If you in, you belong. Those that are out, don't belong. It's that simple.
Only if a win is taken away in a bogus fashion like the Commissioner taking a win because a player kissed a cheerleader, or something could the thought process be different.
I enjoy Cowherd's take always watch him

phildadon86

Reaction score
Garrett is here till his contract expires unless he implodes
We can only hope they cut little Scotty loose and bring in someone else as OC
Best we can hope for
It wont matter if they are forced to use Garrett's scheme.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Personally I don't think Garrett job is safe as some think. No doubt Jerry likes him and is giving him the time to get it done but I think it is important that Jerry gets back to the SB before he meets his maker. If this team fails to make it to post season I think there is a good chance Jason will be out.

waving monkey

Reaction score
The debate about JJones firing Garrett is the wrong debate. Jerry has made it clear his not firing Garrett.
What is the correct debate I dont know maybe what has been observed quit well here on CZ.

conner01

Reaction score
Personally I don't think Garrett job is safe as some think. No doubt Jerry likes him and is giving him the time to get it done but I think it is important that Jerry gets back to the SB before he meets his maker. If this team fails to make it to post season I think there is a good chance Jason will be out.
He better hurry
Jerry ain’t getting no younger and we aren’t as close to a super bowl as jerry May think
I think we make the playoffs but don’t think this offense can score enough to get past most good teams

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The debate about JJones firing Garrett is the wrong debate. Jerry has made it clear his not firing Garrett.
What is the correct debate I dont know maybe what has been observed quit well here on CZ.

Jerry is going to support his HC I have no doubts about that he is not going to come out and say he going to fire Garrett until it happens and he will not do it during the season.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’ll at least coach until the end of his contract unless they absolutely implode this year.

If JJ were smart, he’d wait for any kind of extension talks until we see how next season goes.
If JJ were smart, he would have hired a head coach with bona-fide NFL credentials years ago.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Garrett is here till his contract expires unless he implodes
We can only hope they cut little Scotty loose and bring in someone else as OC
Best we can hope for
I second that. Linehan needs to go.

Sydla

Reaction score
If they make the playoffs he’s safe.

My fear is that the two idiots in charge extend him just because he’s squeaks into the playoffs.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It just shows how low the bar is here. To illustrate this further, look at the situation in Atlanta. Dan Quinn, their HC now in his 4th year, is on the hot seat if the Falcons don’t make the playoffs for 3 of the last 4 years.

This is the same HC that has taken his team to a SB and already won more playoff games in one year (2016) in Atlanta than Garrett has in 8 years. But in Atlanta, apparently Arthur Blank has a higher bar than Jerry Jones.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It just shows how low the bar is here. To illustrate this further, look at the situation in Atlanta. Dan Quinn, their HC now in his 4th year, is on the hot seat if the Falcons don’t make the playoffs for 3 of the last 4 years.

This is the same HC that has taken his team to a SB and already won more playoff games in one year (2016) in Atlanta than Garrett has in 8 years. But in Atlanta, apparently Arthur Blank has a higher bar than Jerry Jones.

Or he thinks the issue holding his team back is the coaching and not something else. Which makes more sense, if you think about it.

slomoxn

Reaction score
It’s a lie folks, I ate a frog this morning; my day definitely got worse hearing that.

JayFord

Reaction score
Garrett would have to act looney on the sidelines in order to be fired

MS17

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is the Rasputin of NFL coaches. You cannot terminate him. Going to be here awhile, folks.