Video: Cowherd: Is giving Dak a big contract a huge mistake?

conner01

Reaction score
Usually you wouldn't have this much controversy over a franchise qb.

I don't think the KC fans are trying to get rid of mahomes or Rams fans trying to get rid of Geoff

When ur franchise level. Everybody knows it.

It's like Zeke. Everybody knows he's the real deal. No arguments.
Yep
You know when you have a real one
The problem is there is not enough real ones to go around

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm not a Cousins fan and I would actually take Dak over him.

He got a lot of money and he's on one of the best rosters in football and they may not make the post season.

Garropolo got a big contract after he performed at a high level to finish the season.1 What other option did San Fran have?

2.I think if you pay mediocrity you will just get mediocre results.

The better move is to just lose and draf
t.
1. you said it in 2. although he looked good, I didnt see those games, but it was too short a window.
2. I agree, but jerry is always in win now mode. every year is a potential SB year lol
We could have kept the # 1 pick and tanked after 2-3 start, and had a decent set of guys to choose from.
But it is hard to pick the right guy. often they are under evaluated.

lockster

Reaction score
I rarely watch or listen to opinion pieces but I listened to that one and it makes sense Catch. No question that Brady has given the Patriots a huge break with his contracts. Brees and Ben as well. Now that hasn't always helped because the Saints have disappeared sometimes over the course of Brees career but the Pats and Steelers always seem to be in the hunt. Interesting piece and I actually like Cowherd. As far as Cooper is concerned, I still have questions about his worth the same as I questioned Dez's worth. He has opened things up for sure. I hope it's not a huge deal when he gets extended.

Dak? IMO, he's the type of player that will accept a bit less to keep the pieces around him. We'll see
I've never seen brees new orleans a break on his contract. Word is Cooper wants big contract

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Brady
Wilson
Mahomes
Watson
Brees

Those are the top 5 quarterbacks this season and proably going forward
You're saying Aaron Rodgers isn't a top 5 QB in this league? His team sucks this season and he's having a subpar year but cmon anyone who knows anything knows he's still at worst the 3rd best QB in the league.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
You're saying Aaron Rodgers isn't a top 5 QB in this league? His team sucks this season and he's having a subpar year but cmon anyone who knows anything knows he's still at worst the 3rd best QB in the league.
aaron rodgers will never sniff another superbowl. He's like 35 on the decline of his career.

he's not on the level of guys like Brady, Peyton, and Wilson. Multiple superbowl trip guys.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
aaron rodgers will never sniff another superbowl. He's like 35 on the decline of his career.

he's not on the level of guys like Brady, Peyton, and Wilson. Multiple superbowl trip guys.
Wait, hold on. So you're saying that Rodgers isn't on the level of Wilson, because Wilson has gone to multiple super bowls?

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
That's just wrong and I really don't think I need to defend why it's wrong because it's so obvious why it's wrong.

Not only is Mahomes far more talented he's also far more productive.

He just hasn't hopped on his defenses back and got carried to a Superbowl like Wilson has.
The sad part is, I really like Wilson. Guess I just don't comprehend the weird need to claim someone is better than they are.

CashMan

Reaction score
I will 100% will eat crow on Dak's accuracy. I am shocked right now. I still don't think he is worth a huge contract, and I would play out 1 more year and still use a transition tag. I still don't like the amount of sacks or turnoves from the game.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I don't care how this season turns out...you don't hand the 2000 Raven's Trent Dilfer a long term deal...nor the Bucs Brad Johnson...a long term deal. Don't take the cheese...people.:rolleyes: