Cowherd ranks his Top 10 teams in the NFC

JonesBoys

Reaction score
He must expects the Seahawks to make a huge jump if they leapfrog Dallas and about 5 other teams.

I have Dallas 3rd right now after the Eagles and 49ers.

Hopefully the training camp and the first 3 games that count changes my mind about that.
Sounds about right. Anything can certainly change form nke but as of right now I don’t see how those aren’t your top 3 teams in the NFC.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I'm very high on Seattle and Detroit as well. They've added bigger pieces than we have. And they're on the rise. They're my picks to win the West and the North.

However, both teams' weakness is still their defense and unless they've elevated that much on the defensive end, it's logical to predict their offense can take them far - possibly the championship game, but their defense will probably expose them at some point.

However, Dallas has made attempts (Overshown, Smith, Gilmore) to improve our already very strong defense - so it's now the strength of the team over the offense.

Eagles are a loaded team, but their weakness was clear and obvious last year. Good quarterbacks rock their stables. They played 4 good QBs all year (Dak, Rodgers, Mahomes, and Goff) and were destroyed by all 4. All you have to be is a good QB against them. Let's hope that doesn't change, so we have a chance.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
1. Eagles
2.9ers
3.Lions
4.Cowboys
5.Seahawks
The Lions didn't even make the playoffs, much less even win 1 playoff game to advance to the Divisional game, yet you have them ranked higher than the Cowboys for 2023 in the NFC?

:facepalm:

Carson

Reaction score
I can't stand when people say things like this. NOBODY is jealous of the Cowboys in any capacity - not fans, players, or members of the media.
Jealousy isn’t there word.

But the media guys know how to get ratings. Always put Dallas near the top of any rankings and people will discuss and give you ratings. Nobody cares about Minnesota, New York etc.

That’s why Dallas always gets high Super Bowl odds. Because Vegas says the idiots will come out and continue to bet on them.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Lions didn't even make the playoffs, much less even win 1 playoff game to advance to the Divisional game, yet you have them ranked higher than the Cowboys for 2023 in the NFC?

Yes..

Like I said they got better as the season went on winning 8-10..

Theyre very talented and their division is weak.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
As of today you have to like the Cowboys, 49ers and Eagles to make the playoffs. Other than that the NFL is wide open. It could be three more weak sisters in the playoffs like it was last year with Seahawks, Giants and Buccaneers. But it is far too early to tell. Last season at this time the Rams and Bucs were all the rage. The Rams flopped and the Bucs only made the playoffs because they were the best team in a sorry division.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes..

Like I said they got better as the season went on winning 8-10..

Theyre very talented and their division is weak.
And? It doesn't mean they are better than the Cowboys. The Cowboys beat them badly, 24 - 6, back on October 23, 2022 of last season. No way are the Lions better right now than the Cowboys.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And? It doesn't mean they are better than the Cowboys. The Cowboys beat them badly, 24 - 6, back on October 23, 2022 of last season. No way are the Lions better right now than the Cowboys.
I think they’re as good or better on paper.

Splitting hairs.

Seattle, Detroit, and Dallas are all fighting for 3rd.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO at anything Cowherd says. How many times do you think that is going to change even before the season actually begins? He is an "at the moment" talking head. He relies on his audience having short term memory issues.

And his ranking is about as important as the power rankings, those useless things will be along anytime now.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I'm really high on the 9ers even though they didn't have a big draft. I just think bring on a DT that gets after the QB is going to make them the best DLine in the entire NFL.

Flamma

Reaction score

LOL don't go by that. About half of the super bowls had a team that didn't make the playoffs the year before. That said, I don't expect the Lions to be any better than last year.

It's 3 teams in the NFC. You can put them in any order you want. Dallas, Philly, 49ers. I think there's a healthy drop to the 4th. But who knows, there are surprises every year. And we don't even know who the 49ers are starting at QB.

I'm interested to see if it's Darnold. If he has similar success as Garoppolo and Purdy, it may be more about their system than their QBs.