Video: Cowherd: The Cowboys we’re exposed

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
They have to get rid of Zeke and focus on building an explosive run game.

Getting rid of Zeke would be to dump salary and get the help on OLine that is needed. Then go out and draft a 3rd or 4th round RB that can run the rock.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree about no momentum beating Philly, but we don’t wanna crawl into the playoffs on a two game losing streak.

We may very well crawl into the playoffs with a two game losing streak Philly will be no pushover. I can’t even remember the last time we beat Philly in Philly in a season finale game. We’re going to have a tough time getting up for this game with the NFC East already wrapped up and the chances of improving our seed very unlikely. Whatever momentum we gained from beating Washington was completely lost last week. It wouldn’t surprise me if we come in looking very flat on Saturday night. We looked flat last week.

ESisback

Reaction score
We may very well crawl into the playoffs with a two game losing streak Philly will be no pushover. I can’t even remember the last time we beat Philly in Philly in a season finale game. We’re going to have a tough time getting up for this game with the NFC East already wrapped up and the chances of improving our seed very unlikely. Whatever momentum we gained from beating Washington was completely lost last week. It wouldn’t surprise me if we come in looking very flat on Saturday night. We looked flat last week.
Yep. IMHO, it’s 50-50. Or maybe 60-40.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yep. IMHO, it’s 50-50. Or maybe 60-40.

My feeling is if we couldn’t get more fired up playing the Cardinals last week I don’t see how we’re going to get any more fired up playing Philly with a very slim chance of improving our seed. This game could get pretty ugly if the Cowboys decide to mail it in. I’ll be very surprised if we play most of our starters including Dak the entire game. I think the odds are more against us than for us in this game.

ESisback

Reaction score
My feeling is if we couldn’t get more fired up playing the Cardinals last week I don’t see how we’re going to get any more fired up playing Philly with a very slim chance of improving our seed. This game could get pretty ugly if the Cowboys decide to mail it in. I’ll be very surprised if we play most of our starters including Dak the entire game. I think the odds are more against us than for us in this game.

Yeah, and we all KNOW the Eagles will be fired up. On a roll, at home, it’s their Super Bowl. All the drunken trolls in the stands will be frothing at the mouth, chucking batteries, etc. Jealous little stepbrother wants to maim and kill.

I’m torn. I’d love to torch ‘em in their house, but I’m worried they’ll be so worked up they’ll hurt someone.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, and we all KNOW the Eagles will be fired up. On a roll, at home, it’s their Super Bowl. All the drunken trolls in the stands will be frothing at the mouth, chucking batteries, etc. Jealous little stepbrother wants to maim and kill.

I’m torn. I’d love to torch ‘em in their house, but I’m worried they’ll be so worked up they’ll hurt someone.

Philly clinched a playoff spot last week so they’re going to want to maintain their momentum. The fact that we beat up on them early in the season is going to make them want to win this game even more. They’re going to be ready to play us but I’m not so sure we’re going to be ready. If we don’t show up to play they’ll embarrass us.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So let me get this right. Teams have figured out how to kill our offense and it's Dak's job to figure out how. Kellen Moore's job is to do what? As Dak to figure it out? It's called scheme. That's Moore's job not Dak's. Teams have caught up to what he is calling not what Dak is running. Kellen Moore is the person that's been exposed. Exposed as a guy not ready to even be an OC!
Everyone has been struggling or frustrated. It's Kellen's job to figure it out and fix it.

Running game struggling...what does he do? 3 runs up the middle where we're tripping over our own feet. LITERALLY!

Then go back to passing 'cause the running game broke.

What the.....

Creeper

Reaction score
Cowherd doesn't like that the Cowboys get a lot of attention. He is not alone. I have heard some sports talking head hate on Dallas because they get so much attention all the time. Cowherd only wants to talk about the NBA anyway. He hates it when fans want him to talk about another sport like Football. Every time I turn on his show, within 20 seconds I have to turn him off because he is so annoying. Take a drink every time Cowherd says the name "Lebron". I bet your are out drunk in an half an hour.

ESisback

Reaction score
Cowherd doesn't like that the Cowboys get a lot of attention. He is not alone. I have heard some sports talking head hate on Dallas because they get so much attention all the time. Cowherd only wants to talk about the NBA anyway. He hates it when fans want him to talk about another sport like Football. Every time I turn on his show, within 20 seconds I have to turn him off because he is so annoying. Take a drink every time Cowherd says the name "Lebron". I bet your are out drunk in an half an hour.

The topics on sports shows…

Lebron
Brady/Rodgers
Dallas sucks
Whatever’s the trendiest hot button
Rinse and repeat

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
6-5 against the rest. lmao... elite?
Jeezus, how many Dak hate threads do you haters have to start? We get it, he's not Brady and you guys hate him.....alright already!!! You guys get your rocks off to spreading the same crap over and over again.
I know we need more dak love feist with useless stats. lol.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6-5 against the rest. lmao... elite?

I know we need more dak love feist with useless stats. lol.
I never post Dak love posts....I just call out the feeble minded....that's why pap went into hiding....couldn't deal with my intellect...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I never post Dak love posts....I just call out the feeble-minded....that's why pap went into hiding....couldn't deal with my intellect...
I miss rocky's useless stats.
then he went all crazy and said stats are for losers. lol

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
When the team had a mediocre November. I was told I should be worried about the football team and/or Philadelphia taking the division away. Now the Boys have clinched the playoffs and division. Once again the goalposts have shifted. After a four game win streak they lost by 3 to a team that was once the media darling this year. The Boys earned their place and I like their chances in the postseason. We gonna see very soon what they are made of.

zeke21

Reaction score
Colin really says what a lot of you on here who are still in denial about your QB need to hear.

OMFG.. sometimes Cowherd nails it (and sometimes he doesn't) but this one just cuts deep. This is exactly how I feel and exactly what I have been repeating for years. This is IT. Cowherd GETS it. And to his credit.. Cowherd also said this last year during the Dak contract discussions.. he was one of the few that consistently said you shouldn't pay the guy too much money.

Good 'stories' vs good 'play' is where we fall down. The romance of it.. the narrative.

Dak was in the top 3 QBs in power rankings heading into the season.. despite basically missing all of last season. So why was he top 3? Because it is a good story.. it was the narrative. Because the media doesn't often look too deep.. they look at stats and OTHER writers and just copy along.. and Dak got paid.. everybody therefore assumes that he is elite.

No he isn't.. and no he hasn't ever been. Name the times that Dak has won without weapons? Name the time he wins without a dominant running game? Name the times he won without 3 of his best offensive weapons? He hasn't.. he doesn't.. he can't. THIS IS the TRUTH.

Cowherd calls him B+ and I could agree.. I do think he is above average. I think currently in most 'QB rankings' they are putting Dak in around 8-12th. I'd probably sit him around 10-12 but that still means he is 'above average'. Will Dak win games? Yep.. Is he better than a lot of other options around? Heck yes.. Is he elite? No... Should he be on 40M? NO and NO and NO.

You don't pay a 10-12 guy (who needs star power all around him to be 10-12) top dollar and think it is a winning strategy. You don't and it isn't.

If Dak lands on almost any other team his rookie year.. he doesn't get playing time.. in fact I doubt we would even know his name. He is not a stand out. He is not a 'guy'.. he would just be another late round QB that is probably floating around his 3rd team as a relief option.

I don't hate Dak.. far from it.. I agree his 'intangibles' are great.. he is a solid human, great leader, above average QB that likes to win. He is the QB of my team. But that doesn't change reality that he shouldn't have been paid. That doesn't change the reality that I am never going to see my team win a SB while he is the QB.

Imagine if Jerry had traded him for 2 first round picks and then gone and got a Derek Carr.. a Matt Stafford.. a Tannehill.. and yes even a Wentz... can you honestly say we wouldn't be in a better position? I think Wentz would be performing to around the same level.. and we *could* have 2 more Michal Parsons flying around.. THAT is what the contract discussions should have been.. that is what the decisions made by our FO mean.

This franchise created the hype of Dak to sell Jerseys.. to rescue a season derailed by the PS injury to its star starting QB.. and then the wins came and the myth became the story. The rookie who was better than anyone else.. the unstoppable Dak.. the myth grew.. the hype grew. Then he sucked but we blamed everything around him.. we kept the myth alive to sell hope.. to sell tickets.. to sell more jerseys.. then at some point.. the FO lost sight of reality and started to believe their own lies. Anyone with any football IQ knew what Dak was and wasn't. He wasn't elite, he has never been elite. Dak was never a guy that could drag his team to the SB.. Dak is a 'component' guy. Dak is a very good bus driver. You either tag your bus driver and try to snag a championship before letting him go.. or you cash in on your investment and sell him for a profit and use that profit to re-invest in more stars. Either of those options work.. what doesn't work is paying a bus driver 40M and then watching as the whole world works him out and suddenly he is now worthless.. worthless as a player and worthless as a trade option.

Right now.. Dak is the biggest liability on this team bar none. It is concerning not just for this season but for the next four as well.