Video: Cowherd: The Dallas Cowboys overvalue their draft picks while other teams admit their mistakes

Carson

Reaction score
Whats amazing is a compilation of him talking about the rams before and after the Cowboys.

Look it up.
Keyshawn and Sherman do the same garbage.

”I expect the Rams to win. They are an explosive team. They have Stafford, Puka and Kupp! They will run it down your throats”

… gets blown out

”Come on! It was the Rams!!!!!”

mcmvp

Reaction score
It must be nice to get paid to simply criticize without having to do any of the work involved to actually come up with a solution.

:facepalm:
Well that goes for all the talking heads, not just him. Sometimes they're right, and sometimes they aren't. In this case I think he's right, and that many teams suffer from the same disease

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think they undervalue pricey acquisitions, either salarywise, pickwise or both. The Joneses have shown that they are not cheap when it comes to retaining their own players, but they have adopted a philosophy where they are cheap when it comes to bringing in outside players.

Even if you look at the Amari Cooper deal, which cost us a first-round pick, the year we traded for him, he was in the final year of his rookie deal and being paid $3.5 million. I think we only inherited a couple million of that. (His fifth year option was picked up, so the next year was almost $14 million.)

We did trade for Gilmore, though, with a $7.96 million cap hit, so it's really about value at a position. The Cowboys are always looking for bargains.

Adreme

Reaction score
Someone needs to tell Cowherd that Washington didn’t hit on Chase Young. He’s missed 23 games due to injuries. He has 6.5 sacks his last three seasons.
He also has 5 sacks this season which is a more honest way of looking at it and is why they were able to get a 3rd for him. Basically he had a good rookie year, got bit by injury bug years 2 and 3, and seems to be back in form year 4. They were not going to be able to afford him so they got a 3rd round pick back instead of a possible comp pick later, which they probably were not going to get because they are going to have to rebuild their roster.

Adreme

Reaction score
Whats amazing is a compilation of him talking about the rams before and after the Cowboys.

Look it up.
I might be wrong, but I do try to and keep up with what the talking heads pick because I like to expose myself to diverse opinions before I make my bets, but I feel like I remember him taking the Cowboys and the points this week. I remember that one of his 5 because it was the one I was also putting money on and I was suddenly going "wait a sec" because I figured most people would be going the other way on that game.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I do try to and keep up with what the talking heads pick because I like to expose myself to diverse opinions before I make my bets, but I feel like I remember him taking the Cowboys and the points this week. I remember that one of his 5 because it was the one I was also putting money on and I was suddenly going "wait a sec" because I figured most people would be going the other way on that game.
I am not sure. I am more referring to him being overly complimentary of the Rams when they went toe to toe with San Fran and Philly but then when the Cowboys beat them, they sucked.

Reaction score
the media plays a large role in overvaluing Cowboys players though, and Jerry is a slave to public opinion, that's his whole business model.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Kool-Aid get your fresh Kool-Aid here in Jerry's world!

Bunch of overpaid average to above average players JAGS with the exception of maybe 2-3 players.
Dang have I booked my SB tickets???? :muttley:

P.S. Does anyone know what Taco is doing these days along with all the other # 2 awesome picks in the last 10 years????

Adreme

Reaction score
I am not sure. I am more referring to him being overly complimentary of the Rams when they went toe to toe with San Fran and Philly but then when the Cowboys beat them, they sucked.
To be fair when they played the 49ers the only game data we had was them beating the Seahawks who were expected to be a playoff team. Then they played the 49ers tight and people really started to wonder. Time has now made people realize that that is just a case of divisional games being weird and that the Rams are actually not that good but it was a valid thing to wonder in the first couple weeks of the season.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Look it up.
Cowturd thought the Rams would make the playoffs and had the Giants ahead of us in the division. For most of the offseason he thought we would miss the playoffs while Carolina, Chicago and Atlanta would take our place. He said MM is trash, Dak is a B quarterback, the defense is overrated, and the Eagles would sweep us. Then laughed when the Ringer said Dak is better than Hurts. Yes, I keep receipts. :thumbup: