Video: Cowherd: This is what you're going to see in the next 7 or 8 years from Dallas

rags747

Reaction score
Colin is 100% correct as far as Dak. So many want to settle for mediocrity because he is already here. Screw that, blow it up and let’s make some progress. Dak gets older he will be less effective as the running will diminish and his passing will be the same. No qb coach can improve Dak to the point where he is Prime, he will always be Choice.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
So you think we're going to win a Superbowl with Carrot head and Dak in the following years......ya man love the optimism really.....did I ever tell you the one about the "Pink Elephant" that could fly......:rolleyes:

I honestly don't know that. Not sure how you would know that either.

Who would you want as a head coach and QB then? I'm not a fan of Garrett, and if there's a better head coach out there I'd take him in an instant, but those "special" people Cowherd named has a combined losing record to Garrett since Dak showed up. They're like 3-7 against "Carrot Top" and Dak.

:lmao2::lmao:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Colin is 100% correct as far as Dak. So many want to settle for mediocrity because he is already here. Screw that, blow it up and let’s make some progress. Dak gets older he will be less effective as the running will diminish and his passing will be the same. No qb coach can improve Dak to the point where he is Prime, he will always be Choice.

This is dumb. Foles looked terrible under Jeff Fisher. Goff looked terrible under Fisher. Both get new coaches and boom, look at them now. Coaching does matter. Kellen Moore, Linehan and Garrett is his support system. Yeah, that's as bad as it gets.

Running will diminish? Ummm this dumb staff has already handcuffed him and brainwashed him into not running at all.

Dak is no different than Wentz or Goff. In fact, Goff has played pretty poor in both playoff games. But easy to win when you gain almost 300yds on the ground. He didn't have that against Atlanta last year and they got dominated.

Dak plays with a poor staff in an antiquated style offense that just doesn't work anymore. Or at least, we don't have the personnel to run it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about we wait and see if Garrett is extended first. And for how long. Then go from there.
I am afraid this will be going on all off season. Will get old pretty quick.

I just want to focus on player acquisition at this point, as to how they can improve the roster.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Let’s be real about Dak. He has positives and he has negatives. Positive: he makes plays with his legs. Negative: he has issues with accuracy. Positive: he comes up big in the big moments of the game. Negative: we haven’t seen any evidence that he can lead the type of dynamic passing attack that is needed to win championships in this league. Positive: the accuracy issues can be fixed with the right coaches. Negative: he doesn’t have them right now.

Point is that Dak’s future will depend on the coaches he has, and I don’t just mean Garrett. Kellen Moore should not be the Cowboys quarterbacks coach. That one year when Dak was so special and won rookie of the year? He had Tony Romo in his ear coaching him. We need better offensive coaches for him to succeed.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Let's just break this down, will we?

"Special" coaches according to Cowherd:

Andy Reid
Doug Pederson
Sean Payton
Sean McVay
Kyle Shanahan

They're 3-6 against Garrett since Dak showed up, not counting the last game of the week against Philly in 2016 and 2017. Garrett is 3-1 against Pederson. 1-0 against Reid. 1-0 against Shanahan. 1-0 against Payton. 0-2 against McVay. Combined 6-3 record against them.

Garrett is definitely one of the weakest links on our team, but he sure knows how to beat "special" people. And the "special" Wentz knows how to lose to the "solid" Dak. :muttley:

Last edited:

rags747

Reaction score
This is dumb. Foles looked terrible under Jeff Fisher. Goff looked terrible under Fisher. Both get new coaches and boom, look at them now. Coaching does matter. Kellen Moore, Linehan and Garrett is his support system. Yeah, that's as bad as it gets.

Running will diminish? Ummm this dumb staff has already handcuffed him and brainwashed him into not running at all.

Dak is no different than Wentz or Goff. In fact, Goff has played pretty poor in both playoff games. But easy to win when you gain almost 300yds on the ground. He didn't have that against Atlanta last year and they got dominated.

Dak plays with a poor staff in an antiquated style offense that just doesn't work anymore. Or at least, we don't have the personnel to run it.
The main difference being that Foles and Goff could always throw the ball, theynhad no problem throwing the football all over the field. Dak has had these throwing issues since college, have they improved. He is the same about qb today that he was in college. Dak gets it done with will and an intense effort at improving. Dak is an overachiever who gets the most out of the talent he has been blessed with, but his talent level is less than most qb’s in the nfl. I like him, I just wish he had more epic level skill.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Where he had it wrong was with Dak. Not every player on your team is going to be special. Goff is not.

Zeke is. Martin is. Jaylon is. LVE is. We've got good players to go with them. And depth beyond them. We've got a lot of quality.

We don't have coaches who make the most of them.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
He gets paid to stir the pot and flip flops more than a fish on dry land. Let’s just say the Cowboys do go to the Super Bowl with Dak and Garrett-top, Cowherd will find a way to say I told you so. Just another talking head like that Cowboy hater Stephen A.

streetcredit

Reaction score
Among his list of special Quarterbacks is Russell Wilson ....he just lost a playoff game to a non special Dak.
This is just dumb.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I know some things for sure. Nothing this clown says is new to us Cowboy fans. But when he said on his show earlier this that Dak is a little better version of Tebow is when I realized that this guy is clueless. Yes, Dak is no Brees, he is a middle of the pack QB. Tebow had no business on an NFL roster. Also, the problem with Dallas starts with Jones.

Bigdog

Reaction score
He said Wentz is special but I don’t know how you can be special when he has not completed a full 16 game season. Don’t get me wrong, I like Wentz but Dak beat him several times (twice this year) so far and I would not call someone special if they are often injured.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak gets one possession in the 4th quarter and scores and converts the 2 point conversion...doesn't get a chance for another.

It is Dak's fault.

2nd highest QBR in the playoffs.

You doubters are clueless and should go follow Badminton.