Video: Cowherds take on the Adams trade

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I disagree that we should’ve done the trade but I always enjoy some Cowherd logic.

We offered a 1st and a third. Jets wanted a 1st and 2 2nd round picks. No thanks.

Cowherd, as much as I love his takes, was wrong on all accounts. I stopped listening within 15 seconds.

The Jets honestly didn’t want to trade the best S in the league with the bounty they wanted in return. And that’s okay.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The last word that we got from the tweets was a 1st and two 2s. Something is amiss here! Either Cowherd got it wrong or we did. It's crazy.:omg:

I distinctly saw where Stephen even stated a 1st and a 3rd was unacceptable, also. It's amazing how the facts get bended around so drastically.

Last edited:

jblaze2004

Reaction score
We offered a 1st and a third. Jets wanted a 1st and 2 2nd round picks. No thanks.

Cowherd, as much as I love his takes, was wrong on all accounts. I stopped listening within 15 seconds.

The Jets honestly didn’t want to trade the best S in the league with the bounty they wanted in return. And that’s okay.
Yeah no thanks. Is he worth more than coop?

Bigdog

Reaction score
I saw a tweet before the trade deadline where Adams was only ranked the 7th best safety but I I would not give up a 1st and 2 seconds for him.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I disagree that we should’ve done the trade but I always enjoy some Cowherd logic.

IF and that's a huge IF Cowherd was right that it was a 1st and then arguing about a 4th or 3rd round pick but the other things I've heard or read about this said the jets wanted a 1st and TWO 2nd round picks and that's not haggling over a 3rd or 4th round pick. Also I'm not saying that Adams isn't a good safety but when I hear other announcers and analysts talking about the best safeties in the league Adams name seldom or never comes up.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I wanted it to happen as much as the next guy, but, not at that price. He is a fine player but not worth the entire farm. The silver lining with us missing out is that it shows that not only did the FO actually try to get a player, but, they are finally showing that they realize they need to upgrade the safety position.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
IF and that's a huge IF Cowherd was right that it was a 1st and then arguing about a 4th or 3rd round pick but the other things I've heard or read about this said the jets wanted a 1st and TWO 2nd round picks and that's not haggling over a 3rd or 4th round pick. Also I'm not saying that Adams isn't a good safety but when I hear other announcers and analysts talking about the best safeties in the league Adams name seldom or never comes up.

It was reportedly 2 2nd's and I think that is what it was.

lostar2009

Reaction score
If the Jets don't step up team wise Adams will leave during FA in a couple of years. They could've got something this year or the next. Either way the Jets are years away from sniffing the playoffs. If I'm Adams I wouldn't re-sign with the Jets. This guy will feast good once his contract ends. If Dallas want to entertain him then get in the sweepstakes in a couple.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
They could just draft Bryce Hall in the first round and make him our starting strong safety. Why over pay for one player when that one player isn't going to fix all the problems we have on defense. This defense isn't one player away from being elite.

So that 1st and that 3rd or 4th they were trying to trade can be used on CB Bryce Hall and DT Jarmari Chisholm.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I only disagree that the Jets did not want to trade him. I think more accurately, they did not have to trade him, so they were seeking what they believed his value to be. If they had needed to trade him, they would have come down on the price, but since they didn't need to, they stuck to their guns.

Maybe that's just semantics.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I wanted it to happen as much as the next guy, but, not at that price. He is a fine player but not worth the entire farm. The silver lining with us missing out is that it shows that not only did the FO actually try to get a player, but, they are finally showing that they realize they need to upgrade the safety position.

It might also show that they don't like the ones in the upcoming draft.

bsbellomy

Reaction score

We offered a first and a THIRD day pick. That's not a third.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
It was reportedly 2 2nd's and I think that is what it was.

That was their asking price, not necessarily their bottom line. One we will likely never know because all we know for sure is that we lowballed them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sorry, but he's back to sounding like a buffoon here.

From the moment he got the actual compensation wrong, to the moment he flip-flopped once again and tried to blame things on Dak Prescott.

I appreciate you posting this, but this 'take' is uninformed trash and serves nothing but to damage Cowherd.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He missed the mark on all accounts. The difference was not between a 3rd and 4th round pick, they wanted 2 additional second-round picks. Pass!

His take on Dak is also as bogus as it gets. Dallas isn't 4-3 because of Dak, it is clear to me that people who say they don't actually watch Cowboys games.