Video: Cowherds take on the Adams trade

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Wait a second, Cowherd works for FS1..a FOX entity. Jay Glazer, a decent "information" guy who also works for FOX and shows up on Cowherds show on occasion.

Jay was there talking about the Cowboys trying to get Jamal Adams. Who's to say that Cowherd isn't giving out the insider information that Jay have him?

I don't believe such a large talking head would stick his credibility neck out on a "misheard" 3rd day pick vs. 3rd round pick.

Just a hunch. Personally, I'd believe Glazer over Crappaport 49 times out of 50 anyway.

817Gill

Reaction score
We offered a 1st and a third. Jets wanted a 1st and 2 2nd round picks. No thanks.

Cowherd, as much as I love his takes, was wrong on all accounts. I stopped listening within 15 seconds.

The Jets honestly didn’t want to trade the best S in the league with the bounty they wanted in return. And that’s okay.
Lmao exactly. As soon as I heard him butcher the terms of the deal I clicked off

Zman5

Reaction score
GB was 3-3-1, 4-3, 4-3 from 2016-2018. So according to Cowturd, A Rogers isn't special. Who knew?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I disagree that we should’ve done the trade but I always enjoy some Cowherd logic.

"One of the 10 to 12 best players in the league".

I don't think so. And he thinks a 1st and 3rd is a little over priced for the top 12.

So it's *really* overpriced if you think he's just top 50. Pretty hard for a 4.56 SS to even think about that. Just not how SSs are valued in the league.

So glad we didn't bite.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
I wonder if they would have taken a 1st and two 3rds.

Maybe a 1, 4, and a 2 next year. If the Jets took him @6 and he has lived up to expectations, and has 2.5 years left on rookie deal its not unreasonable to want more than the 20 something pick in the draft. Imo. I think we could've made it work. Oh well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Axioms like "I've never regretted over-paying" works when discussing things that turn out great but when it comes to player acquisition in sports, there is no guarantee of the outcome.

Many teams have used that mentality when they made a draft pick that ended up being a huge reach.

Adams is proven good player, but Joey Galloway was a proven good player when the Cowboys traded for him.

Galloway had some decent years after he parted ways with the Cowboy.

His best statistical year was after the Cowboys (83 catches for 1287 yards and 10 TDs) in 2005.

The chances of a Strong Safety with 2 career INTs being worth two 1st round picks or something similar is very low.

I think Adams would be great here but even him being great here isn't enough to validate massive compensation like that because of the position he plays.

I'm so glad the Cowboys didn't make this trade happen.

If they'll take a 1 for him straight up then by all means go do it but even that is a little high IMO for a strong safety.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
Y'all would hate me as GM. I would've given up our next two late 1st rd picks for Adams.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Is Jamal Adams better than any safety that the Cowboys have on the roster? Without a doubt.

But I don't believe he is the best safety in the NFL or a Top 12-15 player in the NFL like Colin stated. IMO, Jamal Adams just does not make enough game changing plays to be considered the best Safety in the NFL.

Now had it been Kevin Byard, a guy who has proven to be a playmaker, that would be one thing. Hell, I would have considered giving up a 1st and two 2nds for Derwin James (if you could trade for players on the IR) before giving it up for Adams.

Don't get me wrong, I would have been ecstatic to have Jamal Adams. But I would have never thought we had traded for the best Safety in the NFL or had acquired an "Amari Cooper" on D.

JMHO

erod

Reaction score
So instead of Jamaal Adams, we'll draft another Taco Charlton, Trysten Hill, and Connor McGovern?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
yo he really disrespected darren woodson by even mentioning barry church near his name

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was never going to happen. Dallas should stop letting windows of opportunity, pass them by. Garrett, should spend more summers in Boston, learning from Belichick, about personnel moves.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
Hell, I would have considered giving up a 1st and two 2nds for Derwin James (if you could trade for players on the IR) before giving it up for Adams.
Adams > James

Talent wise they are really similar and James has one more season left on his rookie contract than Adams, but the biggest factor is that James has always been injury prone going back to college, whereas Adams has always been Mr durability.

Last edited:

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
yo he really disrespected darren woodson by even mentioning barry church near his name

I thought that at first, but then I rewatched and
feel like he was evaluating talent as such:
1)Woodson

30?)Barry Church

As in, besides Woodson, Church was the last serviceable and semi talented safety we've had in quite some time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He missed the mark on all accounts. The difference was not between a 3rd and 4th round pick, they wanted 2 additional second-round picks. Pass!

His take on Dak is also as bogus as it gets. Dallas isn't 4-3 because of Dak, it is clear to me that people who say they don't actually watch Cowboys games.

Thats what I thought. But where did we get the info on the 2 second round picks? If its true that we nixed the trade over the difference between a 3rd and a 4th round pick..................wow..........just wow

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So instead of Jamaal Adams, we'll draft another Taco Charlton, Trysten Hill, and Connor McGovern?

It wasn't just the 1 pick.

For the 1st it's no problem.

The problem is when they take your entire draft.

If he was an actual impact player then go for it but i'm not giving up the farm for a guy that is just a sure tackler.

He doesn't cause turnovers or anything.