Video: Cowherds take on the Adams trade

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would have been a good trade if it results in atleast a SB appearance. Big risk that maybe doesn't move the needle as much as we would hope.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
We offered a 1st and a third. Jets wanted a 1st and 2 2nd round picks. No thanks.

Cowherd, as much as I love his takes, was wrong on all accounts. I stopped listening within 15 seconds.

The Jets honestly didn’t want to trade the best S in the league with the bounty they wanted in return. And that’s okay.

This has been posted so many time I don't know how yall continue to miss it. We offered a first and a THIRD DAY pick. Not a third round pick.

stiletto

Reaction score
Cowherd is exaggerating here. The Jets wanted a 1st and TWO, 2nd round picks, not a 1st and a 3rd. There is a huge difference to me.. I understand what he is saying but he's lessening the asking price for Adams. I wanted it to happen to but the Jets wanted more than what he is saying here.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
He missed the mark on all accounts. The difference was not between a 3rd and 4th round pick, they wanted 2 additional second-round picks. Pass!

His take on Dak is also as bogus as it gets. Dallas isn't 4-3 because of Dak, it is clear to me that people who say they don't actually watch Cowboys games.
How is his take on Dak anything but 100% correct? Last season was a disaster until we traded for Cooper. Dak is a good QB but he needs a ton of talent around him. That is the reason you can’t pay him top franchise QB money. You need several all stars around him to bring Dak up. The evidence for that has been consistent.

romonumberone

Reaction score
So Dallas being 4-3 has nothing to do with the starting QB???? Look at all 3 losses. He was outplayed by Sam Darnold and fell behind 21-3. Outplayed by the Packers Offense without their star WR at home fell behind 31-3. And outplayed by Teddy Bridgewater and lost 12-10.

Dallas being 4-3 has a LOT to do with Dak Prescott.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I was solid at a one. No question. Young player. Excellent upside.

The additional picks? Okay. It depends.

You start throwing more premium picks including multiple years, it just did not fit with how anyone had ever approached a trade for a player at his position, pretty much ever.

My only deal now is I hope this organization has learned a brutal lesson.

We need some safety help and for God's sake, please stop listening to a single thing Rod Marinelli has to say.

And another ask---I don't want another Earl Thomas drama situation. Kthanxbye

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
How is his take on Dak anything but 100% correct? Last season was a disaster until we traded for Cooper. Dak is a good QB but he needs a ton of talent around him. That is the reason you can’t pay him top franchise QB money. You need several all stars around him to bring Dak up. The evidence for that has been consistent.

He is putting all of JG and Marinelli's failings square on Dak and it is total BS.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We keep needing to surround Dak with "Special" Talent ok that I understand and agree on.
May I ask how in turn are we going to find Cap $ to pay for all this talent Dak needs and then in turn pay Dak?
Yep, something has to give as in Cap NFL you simply cannot have it all....
Popcorn time coming up....:popcorn:

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
He is putting all of JG and Marinelli's failings square on Dak and it is total BS.
I’m not getting that at all. His whole point was that Jerry NEEDED this trade because Dak needs talent around him. That is on Garrett but it doesn’t change the fact that Dak has to have the help around him to succeed. Did you see what the season was like before the Cooper trade? Do you think we lose the Jets game if Adams was playing safety? I could make the argument that we would be 6-1 right now with Adams. The Saints game was different because we can only score 1 TD against them.

jjktkk

Reaction score
A 1st and a 3rd......I do that all day.
A 1st and 2 #2's and i'm out.

Big difference.
Colin is using the rumor he needs to in order to justify his rant.
Exactly. I and others on Twitter called him out for putting out misinformation, but of course, he ignores it.

stiletto

Reaction score
I was solid at a one. No question. Young player. Excellent upside.

The additional picks? Okay. It depends.

You start throwing more premium picks including multiple years, it just did not fit with how anyone had ever approached a trade for a player at his position, pretty much ever.

My only deal now is I hope this organization has learned a brutal lesson.

We need some safety help and for God's sake, please stop listening to a single thing Rod Marinelli has to say.

And another ask---I don't want another Earl Thomas drama situation. Kthanxbye

As usual, we are on the same page.....

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree that we should’ve done the trade but I always enjoy some Cowherd logic.

Axioms like "I've never regretted over-paying" works when discussing things that turn out great but when it comes to player acquisition in sports, there is no guarantee of the outcome.

Many teams have used that mentality when they made a draft pick that ended up being a huge reach.

Adams is proven good player, but Joey Galloway was a proven good player when the Cowboys traded for him.

Galloway had some decent years after he parted ways with the Cowboy.

His best statistical year was after the Cowboys (83 catches for 1287 yards and 10 TDs) in 2005.

The chances of a Strong Safety with 2 career INTs being worth two 1st round picks or something similar is very low.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I was happier when we were just rueing not taking Thornhill...:p