Twitter: Craig Carton takes a classless personal shot at Dak Prescott

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
He went to jail because of gambling debts. He was classless with Boomer on the 66 radio show in NY, he hasn't changed since getting out of jail.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
It has to do with how you interpret what he is saying. Some see it as a direct attack. But others can hear what he saying is that it is not smart for an NFL Player to have a child with someone he has not had a long relationship with and have to worry about having the child maybe during the season and all the media attention it might generate. Nothing wrong with a bit of planned parenthood instead of just having it happen. If the NFL Player is smart, they can have a child and there is not much the media could do to criticize them. Who care when it is announced for example that someone is having a baby with their long time girlfriend, and the arrival date is in the offseason? that story is a bit different than for example an NFL player having a kid with someone they just new for a couple of months and the kid is expected in season. If a player is smart about his business, then usually you have a non-story.
Do you have any clue how many NFL players have kids in/out of marriage in their early 20's? Do you think it is a good idea for a player with millions of dollars to spend at an early age is responsible enough to raise a family when they themselves are barely out of teenage years? Do you think it is a good idea to have children when you are away from home for most of your playing career? Do you think it is wise for a Football player who had run ins with the law when younger, is around beautiful women 365 days a year to commit to a marriage, and have children?

Do you have any idea how many people live in common law relationships instead of getting married? You are of course entitled to your beliefs and views, but if you expect every professional athlete/movie star/musician to live a perfect life with no distractions and in turn raise a family you are living in a dream world.

Are you worried that he will be late to meetings because of changing diapers? Are you worried about his play suffering because he is up late changing these diapers? In all seriousness, the Iggles drafted a kid who could be directly involved in a fatal car crash and the world is okay with this. There are much bigger moral issues in the NFL and this one, well....c'mon

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Has the Dak hate surpassed the Romo hate? Earlier this year a Dallas radio host wished an injury on Dak, now this?

eh its just a feeble attempt at humor. Carton is constantly trying to do stand up schtick. This is just the old trope of how a woman will effect a man. Dated, lazy humor. I watch this show, he isnt a big Cowboy hater. He could have said this about anyone.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
So after this "controversy", 300 people now know this clown actually has a television show.
I only knew because FS1 has Cowherd and Nick Wright and Canton/Carton whatever his name is shows up on my guide, lol. He is on at 7:30am which is appropriate for when the drunk wakes up out of his late night bender. Now clue who the other clowns are that he shares a stage with either

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Do you have any clue how many NFL players have kids in/out of marriage in their early 20's? Do you think it is a good idea for a player with millions of dollars to spend at an early age is responsible enough to raise a family when they themselves are barely out of teenage years? Do you think it is a good idea to have children when you are away from home for most of your playing career? Do you think it is wise for a Football player who had run ins with the law when younger, is around beautiful women 365 days a year to commit to a marriage, and have children?

Do you have any idea how many people live in common law relationships instead of getting married? You are of course entitled to your beliefs and views, but if you expect every professional athlete/movie star/musician to live a perfect life with no distractions and in turn raise a family you are living in a dream world.

Are you worried that he will be late to meetings because of changing diapers? Are you worried about his play suffering because he is up late changing these diapers? In all seriousness, the Iggles drafted a kid who could be directly involved in a fatal car crash and the world is okay with this. There are much bigger moral issues in the NFL and this one, well....c'mon
No need to get emotional about things, and give a bunch of unrelated examples. The bit about unwanted distraction the guy was saying is true, ironically, he is the unwanted distraction in this case. And yes, NFL players do a lot of things, but that doesn't mean that the smart ones do. I mean you are defending mistakes other people are doing, as an argument that someone shouldn't use their free speech to say whats on their mind and give a sports opinion. You can think his opinions suck, but then again there are other people who people like that say whats on their mind like Charles Barkley, and they wouldn't get any flack for doing so because it is expected of them. Heck people even elect politicians these days because they like that they speak their mind. Again, I don't have a problem with the general gist of what that guy was saying. I don't have a problem with someone saying that someone else could've played it smarter to avoid potential headaches. Just because people are making mistakes does that mean common sense points become invalid?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Has the Dak hate surpassed the Romo hate? Earlier this year a Dallas radio host wished an injury on Dak, now this?

The answer to that question is yes. While they made up BS stats about Romo I don’t recall anyone wishing injury on the guy.

That is way outta bounds. Also, how some of these morons have treated the news of him becoming a father is disgusting. If people are trying to make me not root for Dak they’re doing a poor job, because attacking this man over becoming a father ain’t it. Clowns.

Flamma

Reaction score
Carthon is a degenerate gambler who did time for a ticket scam he concocted to help pay his debts. That POS shouldn't be criticizing anyone.
The network embarrassed themselves by putting him on. That's what you get when you invite a felon to speak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well I don't really know how long Dak new her, someone on here threw out 3 months and I don't know if that is true. But say it is three months, marriage after the fact and such, doesn't necessarily mean you passed the gold digging stage if that was the plan all along. That's why I said, I can't criticize the general logic behind the guys statements, even if they are crass to some, because that should be part of the talk a parent has when their son is about to go into the NFL, that you have to play it careful and smart, so you don't end up having to worry about gold diggers, or jerks in the Media talking about you. It's like if it was 3 months that he knew the girl, he could've been smarter, if he knew her for much longer and they were planning on having a child to begin with, congratulations,
What I mean is that’s not a gold digger that’s just the mother of your kids not really a gold digger at that point.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Snipped for clarity
No need to get emotional about things,
Folks getting so upset about this are hilarious. Like a bunch of little emotional schoolgirls.

As if this has never happened to super stars or famous people before? Please...dudes...come on.

Welcome to the big leagues Dak...you made it buddy!

Meanwhile:

6a1f9f71-6cc6-4b38-b44a-348895285810.jpg

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Man, that's light work. There's a guy who pops up occasionally on twitter going after Dak about his Mom.

Are you serious? You can be mad about his play in the moment, but these idiots are taking this stuff too far. WHO goes after someone’s dead mama?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
No need to get emotional about things, and give a bunch of unrelated examples. The bit about unwanted distraction the guy was saying is true, ironically, he is the unwanted distraction in this case. And yes, NFL players do a lot of things, but that doesn't mean that the smart ones do. I mean you are defending mistakes other people are doing, as an argument that someone should use their free speech to say whats on their mind and give a sports opinion. You can think his opinions suck, but then again there are other people who people like that say whats on their mind like Charles Barkley, and they wouldn't get any flack for doing so because it is expected of them. Heck people even elect politicians these days because they like that they speak their mind. Again, I don't have a problem with the general gist of what that guy was saying. I don't have a problem with someone saying that someone else could've played it smarter to avoid potential headaches. Just because people are making mistakes does that mean common sense points become invalid?
Your point is not invalid and I am sure many feel the way you do, which is perfectly fine. I am not sure if you have children, and you may not see this is important or not...however, a fine line exists in my world where the pending arrival of a child in one's life is the biggest blessing one can have and the suggestion that because this arrival comes out of wedlock or at a bad time in the midst of a super bowl run. I am far from emotional about this, but considering Dak made it through the suicide of his brother without it being a "distraction" or being a "headache", I am 100% sure his immoral knocking up of a woman will not affect him either. I expect nothing ouf of political journalists or politicans themselves, but a bit of journalistic integrity would suffice as I am prettu sure no others have attempted a rye sense of humour when discussing this topic. If I read you correctly you are worried that his lack of common sense of not wearing a condom will cause a headache and distraction to this team....by the way, considering Carton is an ex fellon, do you really think he put any thought into his comments? Just watch this guy a few days and tell me I and countless others are wrong about him and his lack of character.. This is about Carton after all right, not Dak's libido

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
What I mean is that’s not a gold digger that’s just the mother of your kids not really a gold digger at that point.
Not saying Dak's girlfriend is. But in general, are you saying that there are not women in this world that plan on getting pregnant by a movie star, NFL Player, rock star in order to get married and get rich? If you only know someone for say 3 months (since that was the number someone gave), do you really know them long enough to know that they are not a gold digger? I would say, yes, that is something people in the NFL would have to worry about, because they have a lot more people trying to use them. So if that was one of the points being made on the show, I don't see a fault in that point. I mean its all on how you take that guys message if it was an attack or if he was making a point.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you serious? You can be mad about his play in the moment, but these idiots are taking this stuff too far. WHO goes after someone’s dead mama?
Very serious... Dude was unapologetic about it and repeatedly posted stuff about Dak's mother.