Twitter: Craig Carton takes a classless personal shot at Dak Prescott

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which brings us full circle to the real problem with social media/youtube/ etc…… any mean, uneducated moron with a lap top can create content and become “media”with a table in the basement and a few microphones.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
If he’s announcing they are pregnant it’s likely because they are past the point in the pregnancy where things like miscarriage are at high percentages. If this is the case they are likely past 12 weeks in which case this idea that his girlfriend being pregnant would be a “distraction” since he’s playing his best ball ever is silly.

This won’t be a distraction at all. Becoming a parent (no matter how) is a beautiful thing and those saying this will be a distraction likely are putting their fandom in front of that fact. Ridiculous, really.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Has the Dak hate surpassed the Romo hate? Earlier this year a Dallas radio host wished an injury on Dak, now this?

this is total BS. the guy should be crucified. does any other player's girl friends or wives get attacked or pulled into a conversation. its like everybody is clamoring over each other to attack Dak, it was the thing to do, and now running out of things to attack, they are attacking his personal life. someone should just turn the table on some of these guys when they get personal.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Which brings us full circle to the real problem with social media/youtube/ etc…… any mean, uneducated moron with a lap top can create content and become “media”with a table in the basement and a few microphones.
exactly

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
this was undignified and slanderous. His job is talking about the games. Not about Dr. Phil stuff. Maybe we should see how Mr. Carton likes it when we do a deep dive into is nefarious personal life? It works both ways. Hes a typical know it all blow hard that got too big for his britches and should never have that platform in the first place. Hès NYC gutter trash. How low of a human being are u when you attack an unborn kid and a mans Fiancée? That man needs taken off air and reprimanded.

It may be undignified but it is not slanderous. And he did not attack an unborn kid nor a man's Fiancee; that is people reading more into it than was said.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are actually many mags and TV shows that do this very thing to famous people. For like...EVER.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I will say that I don;t pay any attention to TMZ or the rack at the grocery checkout. Other than a chuckle now and then.

The continuous baby-sitting of Dak is almost reaching the same level of insanity as his unwarranted critics.
There’s a line. Making fun of him having depression is a line crosser. Saying he’s “*** ***” is a line crosser. In this instance this isn’t even about him it’s about the mother of his kids. There’s a line that shouldn’t be crossed. If someone talked about the mother of your kids I’m sure you’d let it just slide?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
So after this "controversy", 300 people now know this clown actually has a television show.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I mean they are about to be parents. Kind of passed the gold digging stage.
Well I don't really know how long Dak new her, someone on here threw out 3 months and I don't know if that is true. But say it is three months, marriage after the fact and such, doesn't necessarily mean you passed the gold digging stage if that was the plan all along. That's why I said, I can't criticize the general logic behind the guys statements, even if they are crass to some, because that should be part of the talk a parent has when their son is about to go into the NFL, that you have to play it careful and smart, so you don't end up having to worry about gold diggers, or jerks in the Media talking about you. It's like if it was 3 months that he knew the girl, he could've been smarter, if he knew her for much longer and they were planning on having a child to begin with, congratulations,

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
SAS and Bayless do not rant about players’ girlfriends or their intention to have children. Obviously you condone expressing opinions about such things. I moved to California in retirement to be closer to my grand kids. I was raised in Tomball. Finish your shift cleaning restrooms Buc-ee’s and go home to your parents’ house.
;) Well skip started a rumor that Aikman was gay.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Totally tongue In cheek and part of carton’s schtick…you can tell whose never listened to him before. Even though he’s not my cup of tea he’s clearly not serious here
If it’s part of his schtick, he needs a new schtick because it’s not even close to being funny.

catiii

Reaction score
Never heard of him but he sounds like he's hammered. Who cares what he thinks. He's a wanker who needs to mind his own biz.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with a sport journalist saying the general situation can be a distraction.
It’s a an awful argument. How many other NFL players have kids? How many successful career people all over the world have kids?

It’s a dumb argument.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak shouldn't do anything physical, obviously. He isn't helpless in this situation though. The guy is a public figure using a broadcast platform to slander. That's grounds for a defamation of character suit. Sue the guy hard enough and often enough and he might be more careful about what he says. Why go that way? Cause physically stomping his butt will get you sued or jailed or both.
You can sue the guy for slander, but that would be almost an impossible case to win, more than likely. There many things to consider, first and foremost that you have to prove what he says is not true if it is slander, and that is before even going into what the guy meant when he said what he said.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Like I said before... of course you're upset.
I don't condone it. All of those talk shows are garbage.
It's best to not give oxygen to them instead of being offended.
It's a schtick.
East coast people are more abrasive than the cupcakes on the west coast.
An insult to you is merely saying hello to us. Sorry to hurt your feelings.
I'll send you some crayons and a binky.
Thick skin? When you bring family into it. It doesnt matter what coast you are from. I am Italian. You bring up my family especially my UNBORN daughter. In the words of the Pilgrim from the Punisher show. "Get ready to reap the whirlwind"

HungryLion

Reaction score
You can sue the guy for slander, but that would be almost an impossible case to win, more than likely. There many things to consider, first and foremost that you have to prove what he says is not true if it is slander, and that is before even going into what the guy meant when he said what he said.
I agree it’s not slander. Not even close to reaching the legal bar for that.

It’s just a bad faith argument, clearly made to generate clicks.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
It’s a an awful argument. How many other NFL players have kids? How many successful career people all over the world have kids?

It’s a dumb argument.
It's not a dumb argument at all, especially for those of us that value free speech. You can have your opinions about the guy, but that does not mean that he doesn't have the right to have an opinion, and give it on a show where he is payed to have sports opinions. Some people are taking what he says as a direct attack. Others interpreted it as that he didn't think the situation in general is a good thing for a player to find himself in or the franchise that he works for, and that he feels Dak should've waited.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It's not a dumb argument at all, especially for those of us that value free speech. You can have your opinions about the guy, but that does not mean that he doesn't have the right to have an opinion, and give it on a show where he is payed to have sports opinions. Some people are taking what he says as a direct attack. Others interpreted it as that he didn't think the situation in general is a good thing for a player to find himself in or the franchise that he works for, and that he feels Dak should've waited.
It’s not about valuing free speech. I never said anything about him not having a right to an opinion.

What I’m doing is using my free speech to point out that his opinion is stupid.

Lots of professional athletes have kids.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Social/internet/ just the symptoms the core problem has started long time ago when socialites ( all over the world)built their foundations on pure materialism