Crawford needs to restructure

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He actually doesn't. Why should he? They've said they won't cut him so I doubt he restructures unless they need the cash this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence
McCoy
Poe
Gregory
Aldon
Gallimore
Woods
Anae
Armstrong

That’s already 9 linemen who are 100% making the team. (I suppose Armstrong isn’t 100%, but the team loves him). That doesn’t include Crawford, Jelks or Jackson. If we add Griffin? That’s already 10. We don’t need Crawford. Griffin is a major upgrade and we can have him for about the same money as we’d save by cutting Crawford.

Exactly this. You can get an actual starting RDE for what you're wasting in trying to find somewhere to play Tyrone Crawford.

It's like a bad joke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He actually doesn't. Why should he? They've said they won't cut him so I doubt he restructures unless they need the cash this year.

When you can roll the money over, you 'need the cash' every year.

cern

Reaction score
We've seen his best. He won't get better. Probably a June 1 cut.

SSoup

Reaction score
Crawford has less incentive to agree to restructure now then he did before the draft. His value to the team has only increased over the past 3 days. The Cowboys aren’t going to cut him in favor Armstrong/Anae.
I'm inclined to agree the draft hasn't hurt his leverage.

If we'd spent our top pick on a day 1 starter type, maybe he'd hear the branch creaking under him.

But, as it is, he probably feels pretty good about his ability to show up and win a job in July or August. Honestly, the more flakes and lottery tickets we collect, the more he probably thinks his steady reliability will be valued when it comes down to it. It's a negative in the eyes of fans who prefer sexier players, but coaches like having the safe vet in their back pocket. Maybe that's a gamble that would've paid off with the previous regime that will go bust with the new staff. Who knows.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Too bad he never actually gets there. It's moronic is what it is. And playing defense with one arm tied behind your back.

I can play Joe Jackson or Dorrance Armstrong at RDE in rush situations if I need to, for pennies on the dollar.

And one of them might actually get me a sack while they're out there.
You'll like this....I'm going over a potential DLine rotation in my head and I completely forgot to include Crawford.

I mean entirely forgot he existed.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I dont think they should cut him to sign anyone else, but he ought to have to earn a roster spot in camp.

That 8M may be needed next year in the event the light goes on for certain DBs whose contracts are up.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When you can roll the money over, you 'need the cash' every year.

There is always a trade off. I wouldn't do it unless needed. They need to eat his salary now and cut him next year. Or now, but they said they won't.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont think they should cut him to sign anyone else, but he ought to have to earn a roster spot in camp.

That 8M may be needed next year in the event the light goes on for certain DBs whose contracts are up.

Yes, they can ALWAYS use that money more effectively.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is always a trade off. I wouldn't do it unless needed. They need to eat his salary now and cut him next year. Or now, but they said they won't.

It's a myth that anybody said 'they won't'.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Man if aldon smith and gregory get reinstated. Just str8 cut him. And add some more depth at DT. He wouldnt start on any team. And definitely wouldnt get 10m to be a rotation piece

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Here’s a couple questions:

1. If Crawford was a free agent, would you want to sign him for $8 million?

2. If we could only sign free agents Crawford for $8 million, Everson Griffin for $10 million or Logan Ryan for $10 million, in which order would you want to make those signings?

tunahelper

Reaction score
I tend to agree.

Had we been able to retain Quinn, it'd be a different story.

Especially with Gregory and A. Smith not cleared to return. I will not be surprised if Goodell waits to the start of the season to rule on these two. Crawford is here to stay for this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Steven pad said they wouldn't be asking him to restructure. That they really valued him etc.

People have said that but a direct quote has never been provided supporting that.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Lol" indeed. At what some people think isn't an "over the top salary" for an injured, backup, role player.
I know you don't value yourself, so I suppose you would play for free!! Sthu!!!