Crayton #3 WR

silver

Reaction score
djdoug said:
you would think so.we probably got hosed in that deal with AB and Morgan.

who cares about the trade. crayton is a player. i'm glad he's getting a shot. in the limited opportunities he had last year he showed he belongs here.

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Well he hasn't beat Morgan out yet. In any case, just wondering why you think he has more potential than Morgan and why you don't see much coming from Morgan.

While I am not as bad as the repeating record player Wolvie, I think Morgan will be fine as the #4 option. Crayton is getting more love because in his short time he has shown more promise, and we all have read teh articles about his work ethic, great attitude, and high standards that he has set for himself. Plus everyone loves rooting for the underdog, and his is a 7th round draft pick who made Sean Taylor look bad.

I can't speak for everyone who has seen him live, but I know when I saw him last year at TC, and the got to talk to him while he was signing autographs, Patrick Crayton just seems to have "it." He may never be a #1 WR or even a #2 WR, but with his attitude and work ethic I think it is a distinct possiblty he will be a solid player for us, maybe Drew Pearson like, or Hines Wardesque.

Oh and BP saying he may have the best hands on the team, which has some pretty good hands on it, dosent hurt in gaing fan support. Which dosent help Morgan who has improved but some point out(over and over) he does not always show the best hands. So Crayton comes in and with his first catch as a Cowboys snags a finger tip 3rd down conversion to keep a drive alive, then Morgan comes in hurt, and not knowing the playbook and he is a bad trade.

While I think Crayton will win the #3 spot, Morgan will still get playing time, and it wont be as horrible or end as many drives as some would like you to think.

Well that is my 2 cents.(If any of that made any sense. Time for bed)

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
Agree 100% CBF'02

It's also called "functional" or "football" speed, when he needs it its there. Throughout the history of the league very seldom have the fastest WR been the best WR's.

See Randal Williams for proof. His speed never translated into catches on the field.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Crayton is an ex QB, who also ran back several KR and PR for TD's. So he can't be that slow. Drew Pearson made the switch ok from QB.

Crayton is a heady player who runs good routes and has good hands.

I bet he's just a fast as Jerry Rice was.

Not to harp on football speed, but hear I go again.

I wish they would time these guys in pads. Rice used to run away from defenders, but was not fast ???

I'm telling ya, football pads slow down some people more than others.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Quincy Morgan is a project. He can't catch the ball. Not a good characteristic in a receiver.