Crayton is a # 2 ??!!

MaineBoy

Reaction score
(that might be more a statement than a question but....)

so Jerry is going to go the whole year with the same situation we had in the Giant's game last year; If TO is out or not 100 %, the opposition triple teams Witten and Romo is left with Crayton or rookies ? with Crayton having to be the #1 or #2 go-to guy ?

I sure hope Zach Thomas can play WR if TO goes down or we're in a whole lotta trouble.

P.S. Interesting tidbit - was just at the dealership waiting room and they had an old Sporting News from the week before the Giant game - their prediction was if TO healthy we win, if TO's ankle still bothering him, Gints win.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I think OP brings up some valid points that nobody else has addressed before.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Yeah, we sucked last year with Crayton as a #2. What the hell is Jerry thinking trying that again?

Screw that noise. 13-3 and franchise records in the passing game isn't good enough. Jerry is an idiot.

:rake:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I heard Jerry Rice is coming in for a workout.

Its just a rumour though.

AtlCB

Reaction score
MaineBoy;2166150 said:

so Jerry is going to go the whole year with the same situation we had in the Giant's game last year; If TO is out or not 100 %, the opposition triple teams Witten and Romo is left with Crayton or rookies ? with Crayton having to be the #1 or #2 go-to guy ?

I sure hope Zach Thomas can play WR if TO goes down or we're in a whole lotta trouble.

P.S. Interesting tidbit - was just at the dealership waiting room and they had an old Sporting News from the week before the Giant game - their prediction was if TO healthy we win, if TO's ankle still bothering him, Gints win.

I guess we should have signed Taylor in case Ware gets injured and sign Brett Favre in case Romo gets injured. :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MaineBoy;2166150 said:

It may be hard to believe but young players do develop. Hurd and Austin both should be better than they showed last season. All in all for such a bad WR core it is amazing how the Cowboys offense was one of the top offenses in the NFL.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
AtlCB;2166186 said:
I guess we should have signed Taylor in case Ware gets injured and sign Brett Favre in case Romo gets injured. :rolleyes:

Don't forget the trades for pro-bowl OL. someone has to protect Favre after we lose Flo, Gurode, Columbo and Bigg to injury.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
MaineBoy;2166150 said:

Thanks for the insight....You bring up a good point. I wonder why no one else has thought about our "issue at WR"

Seriously man, There are approximately 1047 other threads just like this one. Did we really need another?

I recall last years passing game being pretty damn good, and I bet that the vast majority of the other NFL teams would love to have a passing game as good as ours was last year.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
wesleyc288;2166193 said:
Thanks for the insight....You bring up a good point. I wonder why no one else has thought about our "issue at WR"

Seriously man, There are approximately 1047 other threads just like this one. Did we really need another?

I recall last years passing game being pretty damn good, and I bet that the vast majority of the other NFL teams would love to have a passing game as good as ours was last year.

Yes we did, and you're going to get one every single day. You got a problem son.

Do you have a problem?!?!

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
MaineBoy;2166150 said:

No, no rookies, will probably go with Hurd and Austin. Carp would probably be better out wide than Zach.

Reaction score
MaineBoy;2166150 said:

Man, unreal! That is why we draft Felix Jones. He will be used in that Reggie Bush fashion, so to speak. Jones will be put in the slot as a WR.

We also have Witten and Curtis who can be just as effective as a #2 WR.

People got to chill a little, this offense will be explosive even if there is an injury.

AtlCB

Reaction score
dargonking999;2166189 said:
Don't forget the trades for pro-bowl OL. someone has to protect Favre after we lose Flo, Gurode, Columbo and Bigg to injury.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Good point!

joseephuss

Reaction score
The receivers were open all game against the Giants in the playoffs. Romo just had no time to find them in the second half and when he did they dropped the ball.

Reaction score
cobra;2166163 said:
Yeah, we sucked last year with Crayton as a #2. What the hell is Jerry thinking trying that again?

Screw that noise. 13-3 and franchise records in the passing game isn't good enough. Jerry is an idiot.

:rake:

Seven touchdowns by Crayton were on of the highest totals for a #2 WR in the NFL last year.

1fisher

Reaction score
I can't believe this hasn't been discussed already! Thanks for bringing it to the attention of the CZ members......

Discuss among yourselves..... I'm outta here! :laugh2: