Crayton is back.

Reaction score
Apparently, third-year wide receiver Patrick Crayton, is better than hot. "You're on fire, Pat. You're on fire!" shouted head coach Bill Parcells near the end of Monday night's practice. Crayton made several nice catches throughout the day, including a deep ball from Tony Romo where the receiver split the corner and safety in a 7-on-7 drill.

This coming from today's DC.com. This is great news to read. While it is obviously important to have one of the best WR duos in the NFL in Terrell Owens & Terry Glenn, it is also vital to see that the younger players that the Cowboys brought in straight out of college. Both Owens & Glenn are in their 11th year in the league, and neither were drafted by Dallas. That is why, in my book, it is imperative that WRs like Crayton & Terrance Copper receive the cudos they have recently by their Head Coach.

The NFL Draft is still the foundation of great NFL teams, and it seems lately that the Cowboys have been forced to bring in an inordinate number of FAs. This is mostly due to poor drafting in the 2000-2003 drafts. The past 2-3 drafts have been much better, and should help this team avoid bringing in so many FAs the next few years.

Just watching Crayton while viewing games from last year shows what a weapon he can become. He had some excellent catches, as well as punt returns. In fact, I believe the drafting of Skyler Green wouldn't have been necessary had the team knew better the status of Crayton at the time of the draft. He is big, strong, & has the best hands on the Cowboys. I look forward to his continued growth as a WR & return man on this team. He is definately an important piece of the future puzzle.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This is just the kind of report that folks look back on when a guy is cut and say "what happened?"

silver

Reaction score
in my X-Box crayton starts and glenn gets traded to the saints. just kidding

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Cogan said:
Just watching Crayton while viewing games from last year shows what a weapon he can become. He had some excellent catches, as well as punt returns. In fact, I believe the drafting of Skyler Green wouldn't have been necessary had the team knew better the status of Crayton at the time of the draft. He is big, strong, & has the best hands on the Cowboys. I look forward to his continued growth as a WR & return man on this team. He is definately an important piece of the future puzzle.
I agree with everything except for the punt returning part.. I'm really glad that we got Skyler Green.. I love Patrick Crayton, he is one of my favs right now, but I don't think he is a very good punt returner at all..

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc said:
This is just the kind of report that folks look back on when a guy is cut and say "what happened?"
May be, but I see zero chance of that happening here.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
I agree with everything except for the punt returning part.. I'm really glad that we got Skyler Green.. I love Patrick Crayton, he is one of my favs right now, but I don't think he is a very good punt returner at all..

I would agree his punt returning is ...shall we say, a little suspect.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
must be TO's second coming :laugh2:
Terrell Owens>Santana Moss
Terry Glenn>Brandon Lloyd
Patrick Crayton>Antwan Randle El

AbeBeta

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:

that last one is a real stretch.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:

well, i wasnt trying to get into anything here, just add a smart allic remark.

but hey, if you want to start comparing, at least take off the blue n silver goggles, crayton better than randle el?

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
abersonc said:
OK, I will concede that it is very debatable.. but honestly, I would rather have Crayton.. Randle El hasn't really done anything as a reciever.. he is faster than Crayton, but that is it..

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
No its not, were talking pass catching not WR passes.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
abersonc said:

We'll see - Crayton didn't get a whole lot of snaps his first season, because...it was his first season.

Last year he was the clear #3, however, his injury bit him. This year will be miiiiiiiighty interesting.

And regarding your 'cut comment.' - :mad:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
well, i wasnt trying to get into anything here, just add a smart allic remark.

but hey, if you want to start comparing, at least take off the blue n silver goggles, crayton better than randle el?

Not yet - but he shows me a higher ceiling than Randle El.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
TheKey said:
No its not, were talking pass catching not WR passes.

Randle el has played in every game of his 4 year career. Quit a bit more durable than a guy who cant even play half the season.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
Randle el has played in every game of his 4 year career. Quit a bit more durable than a guy who cant even play half the season.

No one said he wasn't a better kick returner.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
No one said he wasn't a better kick returner.

he also has more yards in his worst year than crayton has ever had. 600 yards as a #3 reciever isnt to bad. Let me know when Crayton ever reaches that.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
All the Boys need is a line that can block, and this a top 5 NFL offense. TO, Glenn, Witten, Crayton, pick your poison. And oh yeah, did we mention that we can run when JuJo is healthy? Oh, and if not, his backup had a pretty nifty rookie year last season.

We already know that defense is going to be one of the tops in the league, this is a Super Bowl team if that offense gels too.