Crayton is back.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
All the Boys need is a line that can block, and this a top 5 NFL offense. TO, Glenn, Witten, Crayton, pick your poison. And oh yeah, did we mention that we can run when JuJo is healthy? Oh, and if not, his backup had a pretty nifty rookie year last season.

We already know that defense is going to be one of the tops in the league, this is a Super Bowl team if that offense gels too.

thats a pretty big "if" though. No is doubting what the defense is capable of, but that o-line still has a ways to go to get up to game speed. Without an o-line, (like any other team) the team will suffer

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
he also has more yards in his worst year than crayton has ever had. 600 yards as a #3 reciever isnt to bad. Let me know when Crayton ever reaches that.

When Crayton plays a whole year (this one) I'll let you know. See my other post - he didn't play as a rookie (wasn't kick returner) and he was injured last year. Those 2 years show have little to do with his talent.

Reaction score
abersonc said:
This is just the kind of report that folks look back on when a guy is cut and say "what happened?"

I think we need to change your handle to "Joy-Kill" :cool:

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I might be wrong here (and it's totally possible) but didn't Crayton score more touchdowns than ARE last year? Like I said I could totally be wrong, but if I'm not, I'll take the scores that Crayton puts up (in a little over a half a season) than the yards that ARE puts up any day.

SS

Bizwah

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
talent means nothing if you are always injured.

Always injured?

He was injured once.

But you Skins fans are right.

All our players are crap, all yours are the best ever at their respective positions.

At least, that's what it seems like at ES.

Bizwah

Reaction score
skinsscalper said:
I might be wrong here (and it's totally possible) but didn't Crayton score more touchdowns than ARE last year? Like I said I could totally be wrong, but if I'm not, I'll take the scores that Crayton puts up (in a little over a half a season) than the yards that ARE puts up any day.

SS

Yes, but Crayton's a Cowboy player, therefore he's automatically rated below any Skins player.

At least that seems to be the Skins' fans logic.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
if crayton becomes the receiver i think he is capable of becoming......

we will have a threesome from hell.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
talent means nothing if you are always injured.

He was injured once. I don't even know why I am in this debate - I actually like Antwaan Randle El quite a bit. I haven't put him down once yet.

I just think Crayton has a higher ceiling as a wide-out.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Always injured?

He was injured once.

But you Skins fans are right.

All our players are crap, all yours are the best ever at their respective positions.

At least, that's what it seems like at ES.

ok, i weas wrong on that. I looked at his NFL player page, and it said he only played in 8 games his rookie season, so I guess I just made the assumption that he was injured.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
ok, i weas wrong on that. I looked at his NFL player page, and it said he only played in 8 games his rookie season, so I guess I just made the assumption that he was injured.

That one was on the coach - for some reason he though Dedric Ward and Terrance Copper were better than he was.

That isn't actually true - they knew since minicamp that Crayton had something, but he was worried he wasn't ready to transition.

(Then came the game against the Commanders :suxskins:)

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
well, pick your poison, the one where he got jacked by taylor, or the one where he burned taylor?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
abersonc said:
This is just the kind of report that folks look back on when a guy is cut and say "what happened?"

Maybe he'll get shot and people will love him???

Bizwah

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
That one was on the coach - for some reason he though Dedric Ward and Terrance Copper were better than he was.

That isn't actually true - they knew since minicamp that Crayton had something, but he was worried he wasn't ready to transition.

It was quite a transition for Crayton....he really is a remarkable story.

He was an NAIA player! That's right, NAIA!

I remember his rookie year, as I'm sure you do....we all heard good reports, but the coaches said it was quite a move for him from NAIA to the NFL.

He's made quite a move to WR from being a QB, RB, KR, DB in college.

If he continues this trend of improvement, then watch out.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
well, pick your poison, the one where he got jacked by taylor, or the one where he burned taylor?

Whew - he got jacked hXc - I remember that. We also got a call on it, but it was a clean hit.

Didn't matter - it was thrown beneath the marker and a stupid play. That game sux0red.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
skinsngibbs4life said:

Don't worry about Crayton...he won't be a problem when the Boyz play the RedStinks...Crayton is really not THAT good at all...

T.O. might cause some problems for your team, but I think your team can handle him...not a problem.

The Cowboys two tight end formations probably won't work...so that's no problem for your team...and I don't know if little JJ wants to win, or get injured! So, that's not a problem...

The Oline is in shambles...that shoud not be a problem..

Hmmm....as a matter of fact? I think that your team is going all the way!

How about you? :cool:

:star:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cogan said:
In fact, I believe the drafting of Skyler Green wouldn't have been necessary had the team knew better the status of Crayton at the time of the draft.
BP wanted to upgrade the kick return game. That is why we drafted Green. Anything we get out of him at WR is gravy.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I've never been a big Randel El fan. I have long considered him vastly overrated. He's a good gadget player, but a terrific receiver he is not.

With that said, it'll be interesting to see what he can do in Al Saunders' scheme. He goes from a run-happy offense to one that will surely utilize him to his best abilities as a wideout.

ghost

Reaction score
Cogan said:
Apparently, third-year wide receiver Patrick Crayton, is better than hot. "You're on fire, Pat. You're on fire!" shouted head coach Bill Parcells near the end of Monday night's practice. Crayton made several nice catches throughout the day, including a deep ball from Tony Romo where the receiver split the corner and safety in a 7-on-7 drill.

Now replace Moss with Crayton, and Romo with Brunell... :D