Crayton's in the dog house

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Trip said:
Oh, I think he'll play too.

But the more I think about, Parcells usually makes cracks for a reason, and there were a few there.

Like I said, I think Parcells is trying to light a fire. Maybe he sees a guy that worked his rear off to get where he's at, one of his guys, and now with the injuries, and a few said he didn't block well, maybe Parcells thinks he's content and coasting a little bit. Trying to get him back on track.

And as far as his talent level, I think he can be good number two. I'm not Crayton hater! But I had a feeling this thread would turn into this when a few said he wasn't any good.

I agree with all this. At most, I think Parcells was just disappointed in a poor showing from the other night, but I still think parcells trusts the player.

I just wanted to put my two cents in since suddenly the thread was becoming 'were we wrong on Crayton' and 'Crayton might just be at his ceiling.' I just don't think that's true - I still trust Crayton more than Rector and Hurd at this point.

Note - just because I like Crayton doesn't mean I am down on either Rector or Hurd. Rector has shown a lot, and Hurd, while a work in progress, has some ability. But at this point, I still like Glenn, Owens and Crayton at the top of the WR bunch.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trip said:
But the more I think about, Parcells usually makes cracks for a reason, and there were a few there.
Insert the word "always" for "usually" and you would be correct.

Trip

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I agree with all this. At most, I think Parcells was just disappointed in a poor showing from the other night, but I still think parcells trusts the player.

I just wanted to put my two cents in since suddenly the thread was becoming 'were we wrong on Crayton' and 'Crayton might just be at his ceiling.' I just don't think that's true - I still trust Crayton more than Rector and Hurd at this point.

Note - just because I like Crayton doesn't mean I am down on either Rector or Hurd. Rector has shown a lot, and Hurd, while a work in progress, has some ability. But at this point, I still like Glenn, Owens and Crayton at the top of the WR bunch.

Yeah, Yeah.

We know you're just mad 'cause we're not putting Crayton on the shirt. :)

Although, he was a 7th round draft choice, could qualify as a renegade himself.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Trip said:
Maybe I misread it then. Hard to tell with Parcells.

I know he likes Crayton a lot.

Seemed strange he kept making cracks about him.

he talked good about petitti - cut him.

it's when he insults the player that you know he really likes him.

Trip

Reaction score
iceberg said:

Yeah, he's still talking good about Petitti. Said he hated to cut him. Practically blamed it on Vanderjagt, that and McQuistan's development.

Vanderjagt's really in the doghouse, deservedly so. Parcells tried to make the point his kicker cost him TWO roster spots, but he didn't elaborate, and I didn't quite follow him on that one.

Edit - and before anyone makes the point Vanderjagt and Suisham, TWO spots, duh, he clearly stated he had to release two players he wanted to keep because of his kicking situation.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Trip said:
Maybe I misread it then. Hard to tell with Parcells.

I know he likes Crayton a lot.

Seemed strange he kept making cracks about him.

they say people always tease the ones they have a crush on. im not necessarily saying anything but...

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
Im with Crown, I don't think he is in the "Dog house" at all. I will have to look it up but I think I remember reading Parcells saying something along the lines of: Crayton is still not polished as a WR, and he has to work his way back into a WR frame of mind after the injury. Which that to me added with today's comments means BP sees a player he likes who he is trying to push, and light a fire under him.

Edit found it:
Crayton was crossing his fingers for next Thursday?
God Bless him. Its not like riding a bike for Crayton. He doesn’t just jump back on. I learned that last year. He knows that. I would like to get him two weeks. He’s just a guy who needs reps to get a feel for the game. He’s doing good though.

Hiero

Reaction score
crayton has done enough imo to warrant some respect from Parcells. before he got hurt last year he was making some big plays and had great hands. not that good at returner imo but a reliable WR with big play potential.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
iceberg said:

Like when he totally ripped Henson's heart out describing his performance in NFLE by saying he "didn't see enough"????? Then he cut him before the second cut down date? Then he said today he would have kept 3 QBs if he had 3 that could play? Like those kinds of insults?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
Like when he totally ripped Henson's heart out describing his performance in NFLE by saying he "didn't see enough"????? Then he cut him before the second cut down date? Then he said today he would have kept 3 QBs if he had 3 that could play? Like those kinds of insults?

Henson sucks get over it

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I know one thing, I never want to see Crayton return a punt again. He just isn't agile or quick enough to return punts.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
stealth said:
Henson sucks get over it

I don't give a CRAP about Henson. Understand? This concerned Parcells. Maybe i should have drawn a picture??

Merlin

Reaction score
The fair catch comment was because Crayton is not a good punt returner but he has sure hands. He has tried Crayton at punt returner before and he knows what he has when Crayton returns punts.

The comment about Crayton not playing is typical Bill especially concerning guys coming off injuries. He would probably say something similar about TO although he may choose his words more carefully in context to TO. If they practice, then they will play. Bottomline.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:

don't blame me he's not consistant. : )

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
I don't give a CRAP about Henson. Understand? This concerned Parcells. Maybe i should have drawn a picture??

lol here's a hug for you

henson cost the club a bunch of cash and parcell's isn't gonna say his boss was an idiot for the whole henson thing.

it's not diffucult to understand henson was a special case.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Merlin said:
He has tried Crayton at punt returner before and he knows what he has when Crayton returns punts.

........Absolutely positively nothing.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
stealth said:
lol here's a hug for you

henson cost the club a bunch of cash and parcell's isn't gonna say his boss was an idiot for the whole henson thing.

it's not diffucult to understand henson was a special case.

WoW, your thick. It had nothing to do with Henson really. It was JUST and EXAMPLE of Parcells play on words which he has provided many times over his 4 year tenure. Actually it was just a joke on my part. Sometimes he rips guys and cuts them. Sometimes he compliments them and cuts them. Stop now before you embarr(***) yourself more. Your way out in the woods talking to yourself. Let us know if a tree falls and you hear it. :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
iceberg said:
don't blame me he's not consistant. : )

Like i have said many times, trying to get inside Bills head is fruitless and may cause damage :) One really never knows what he means for sure. Oh some would like to think they know, but noone really does. You can hear that if you listen to close friends like Pat Summerall who have said things and been proven wrong.

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
Absolutely great posts. Very much enjoyed the reading. Bottom line...Crayton good hands...not the greatest quickness. Potential to be a good possession type receiver but has a lot of work to do. Rector is very quick and very raw. No telling how good he could be. May have a future returning punts but some confidence has to be earned. The kicking situation did cost us a roster spot. The liquored up kicker is potentially to good to let go and may return to his old form but for now Suisham has to be kept around as an insurance policy. He earned a spot and may end up being the answer if the Peyton's buddy doesn't fully get his stroke back.