Craziest or most unique piece of Dallas Cowboys merchandise you ever owned?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i got one of those vibrating football games they made back in the 70's. it was dallas vs. pittsburgh in the 79 superbowl! i was so excited, i got all the players lined up.............hit the switch and brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm, the players spun around in circles, some knocked over........... i was like wth? anyone remember those things?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
stag hunter said:
Not really cowboys memorabilia (im a huge fan, but not a big collector), but i was at Darrell Green's last game (last time the skins beat dallas) and he threw his gloves up in the stands as he was running out of the tunnel and I caught both of them. Those would probably actually fetch a pretty good amount of money, but I have no way of proving their authenticity which is a shame.

wow, that's awesome! darrell green was the best cb to ever play this game!

1st ballot hall of famer, guaranteed.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
A Beautiful Silver helmeted wacky tabacky smoking bowl!

Got it in a Key West head shop.

It sure is pretty....and smokes good too! :sun:

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
i got one of those vibrating football games they made back in the 70's. it was dallas vs. pittsburgh in the 79 superbowl! i was so excited, i got all the players lined up.............hit the switch and brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm, the players spun around in circles, some knocked over........... i was like wth? anyone remember those things?

... I had one too. Don't know where it is nowadays.

Also had Strat-O-Matic Football. Anyone remember that game?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I have a cutting board shaped like a football with the Cowboys star in the middle of it. The laces are routered out as well as the outline of the football. It is not a one of a kind thing. Someone actually mass manufactured this.

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
I have a Cowboys Helmet lamp, the kind that hangs from the ceiling and has the chain down the cord. It is a two bar face mask. I believe I got it for X-mas when I was about 10. I also have a piece of the original TX Stadium turf. When I move, the first thing that I pack is the lamp!!! :skins:

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
got a thong custom made with a star on it for my girl. Made my trips south of the border that much more enjoyable...but at the time she was better than the boys..5-11 3 times over will do that to ya

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
davidyee said:
... I had one too. Don't know where it is nowadays.

Also had Strat-O-Matic Football. Anyone remember that game?
"flea flicker" babeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

the overlaying "card-thing" was awesome.....

PaEagleHater

Reaction score
Bernie Kosar jersey, still have it. Make an offer, there aren't many of them available anymore.

CosmicCowboy

Reaction score
Two '25th.Anniversary Cowboy' coffee mugs with gold inlay, I, picked up in 1985.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
I have a Troy Aikman statuette on a pedestal. You push the button at his feet and it relates his accomplishments.

At some point you hear Troy talk about his greatest thrill as a professional footballer.
I've got that too!! It's in my sports room, which the kids wander into during the games. My kids take turns hitting the button during games, drives me nuts.

The most odd Cowboys memorabilia that I have is probably my Dallas Cowboys "zumbros" pants. They were in during the mid-80's, if you'll remember (I believe Jim McMahon made them famous). You can't find them anywhere anymore, and they're really worn now, but I still wear them every game day when I'm in full regalia: Cowboys boxers, socks, the zumbros pants, and my jersey. If I'm attending the game outdoors, add face paint and a Cowboys turtleneck underneath the jersey.

I built a Dallas Cowboys room in my house. It's basically my home theater room with Cowboys flags, autographed and framed posters, and all sorts of collectables throughout the room. The walls are now painted silver and blue, it's real nice.

CFan_53

Reaction score
I have several autograph pictures of the Cowboys, which my wife can somewhat understand, but she thought I was nuts when I hung my latest one.....an autographed picture of Jerry Jones.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I have quite a bit of stuff, but the most unique things I have ......

-- Wrist/sweat band worn by Troy Aikman in the 1992 game at Arizona. Still has grass stains. He gave it to me after the game.

-- A copy of a letter from Roger Staubach to Jerry Jones asking him to support a project that I was involved with. Roger put a hand-written note at the top which says something like, "We're going to do it. I can feel it." It was a prophetic statement as Dallas went on to win the Super Bowl that year.

-- Bob Lilly used to have a photography studio here where I live. I met him once and bought a print from him. It's called "Open Spaces" and is a shot of a vast wheat field with a windmill in the middle. Reminds me of home.

-- I've shot a few photos on the sidelines of Cowboys games. My favorite is one of Tony Dorsett in a preseason game. He was standing on the sideline during the fourth quarter. He sort of posed for me with his helmet on backwards.

-- I'm actually in the 1992 team highlight film. Well, sort of. It was the game at Arizona and Alvin Harper caught an Aikman pass, spun and raced down the sidelines for a touchdown. At one point, he runs right past me (I'm standing with other photographers). I froze the VHS tape where he crossed in front of me. I'm all blurry. Not exactly the Zapruder film, but it was sort of funny.

-- Have a few autographs, but my favorite is a photo of the Hail Mary catch that Drew signed for me.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
stag hunter said:
Not really cowboys memorabilia (im a huge fan, but not a big collector), but i was at Darrell Green's last game (last time the skins beat dallas) and he threw his gloves up in the stands as he was running out of the tunnel and I caught both of them. Those would probably actually fetch a pretty good amount of money, but I have no way of proving their authenticity which is a shame.

DNA testing.....

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I have a football autographed by Tom Landry.
And a piece of Astro turf from Texas Stadium.

coach316

Reaction score
Most of my stuff is collectible's merchandise bought or received as gifts. Not being from the Dallas area I don't get a chance to collect personalized memorabilia but.....

I have a Cowboys hat signed by Dallas Cowboys players from a Legends vs. Des Moines police charity softball game. It was signed by Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Jethro Pugh, Billy Joe Dupree, John Dutton, Tony Hill.....just to name a few off the top of my head.

Dallas Cowboys watch made by Bulova.

Dallas Cowboys floor mats in my truck.

Dallas Cowboys stepping stone.

Dallas Cowboys helicopter replica.

Dallas Cowboys tractor/trailer replica.

Dallas Cowboys 50's era pick up truck that is also a penny bank.

Dallas Cowboys mouse pad.

Emmit Smith/Cowboys cap commemorating setting the rushing record (never been worn).

A myriad assortment of mugs, posters, plaques and encased players cards.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they really count, but both my credit card and housekey are dallas cowboys

calico

Reaction score
A cowboys soap tin and "official" team soap.

I also have a dollar bill with Emmitt Smith on it instead of Washington.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
When I was a kid (6) I had Dallas PJ'S (no big deal there) but I would not wear them I didn't want them to get messed up but I would lay them out along with anything else I had that said Dallas and arrange it on my bed to the point I had to stand for the whole game. I would have a FB and anytime Roger or Danny would throw a nice completion I'd pretend I was the receiver and throw the ball over my shoulder and catch it I would go so far if it was a diving catch actually dive and catch the pass and land on the floor which wasn't so bad untill we moved to Picycune Ms and had hard wood floors. Ouch.

Ok that was a little more than you asked.

Reaction score
I was stationed in Pensacola, FL... Emmitt's Dad has a card/memorabilla shop there... very intresting place if ya'll have a chance to get to it...

I bought an autographed picture of Emmitt being tackled by Ken Norton Jr in a practice... you could clearly see Emmitt's face mask broken.... it came on a plague with the broken face mask...