Crazy Parity in NFL

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Edited

Thanks. I have always liked Michael Madsen, even in his bad flicks. Paint shopped the scene from Kill Bill II where he gets chewed out for being late at the seedy strip joint.
LoL,,, have you ever seen that WWII flick "The Last drop" ? It's a pretty good watch,yer' AVATAR dude plays the role of the american overall field Commander, so he's not a major feature in it, Billy Zane was a glider pilot with a 'stick' of Brit troopers,,, I liked MADSEN after seeing him in Reservoir Dogs:cool:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LoL,,, have you ever seen that WWII flick "The Last drop" ? It's a pretty good watch,yer' AVATAR dude plays the role of the american overall field Commander, so he's not a major feature in it, Billy Zane was a glider pilot with a 'stick' of Brit troopers,,, I liked MADSEN after seeing him in Reservoir Dogs:cool:
"Hell of a war... huh?"
I vaguely remember watching part of it. His uniform shirt lapels were incorrectly displayed, weren't they?
Reservoir Dogs was his essential character.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, I think that’s reflective of a couple teams which have made runs this era.

What would be another interesting stat is what percentages just make the Super Bowl.
From the NFL site:
Since 1990, there have been 23 Super Bowl champions under the current playoff format (1990-2012). Here is the breakdown of seeds (regardless of conference) of the champions: 1 (9), 2 (6), 3 (1), 4 (4), 5 (1), 6 (2).

• The last No. 1 seed to win the Super Bowl was the 2009 Saints (NFC).

• The last No. 1 seed in the AFC to win the Super Bowl was the 2003 Patriots.

• No. 1 seeds have won just two of the last 13 Super Bowls. In the 10 seasons prior to that streak, the No. 1 seeds won the Super Bowl seven times.
Interestingly enough, SB years 2015, 2016, and 2017 have hosted the #1 seeds from both conferences.

This is from a 2016 article posted in :espn::
Thus, we’ve had 37 years of the NFL paving a path to the Super Bowl through the No. 1 seeds’ stadiums. How much of an advantage has that been? The results might surprise you:

• 20 of the 74 No. 1 seeds have won the Super Bowl -- 14 from the NFC, 6 from the AFC

• 20 No. 1 seeds have lost the Super Bowl -- 7 NFC, 13 AFC

• 14 No. 1 seeds have lost the conference championship game -- 8 NFC, 6 AFC

• 20 No. 1 seeds have lost their first playoff game -- 8 NFC, 12 AFC

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
"Hell of a war... huh?"
I vaguely remember watching part of it. His uniform shirt lapels were incorrectly displayed, weren't they?
Reservoir Dogs was his essential character.
Ya, it was a pretty cheesy role he was cast in:lmao: ,,,he had that hair dyed jet black in that flick:lmao2:

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
This season comes down to the Rams, Saints, chiefs, and Patriots. There may be parity in paper, but there's a big gap between those 4 and everyone else.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't know what car wash allowed you to walk in twenty minutes late, but it wasn't owned by me, and I own a freaking car wash... Calendar time for Buddy!
He was never late again! :lmao:
I liked the part when he buried Uma alive. Imagine what that would be like!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The parity is what the NFL wants. The league would love for all the teams to be 8-8 to finish. Dallas may take the L against the Saints, which would deadlock the division with four games to go. Dallas will need to win out to control their own fate. Dallas is primed to make noise.

The Colts, Eagle, Bucs and Giants should all be wins. Don't be surprised when Dallas beat the Saints. This team has a ton of momentum to beat the Saints.

Dallas will beat the Saints 27-24

I don't think that's the kind of parity the league wants. They want any team to be able to win, not all teams to be average. 2-14 to 14-2 is the kind of parity they are looking for. "Opening Day" parity, and whatever happens after that is just what happens.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Only 8 teams have more wins than Dallas’ 6; only 3 in the NFC.
Whatever happens next Sunday, if Dallas stays healthy and gets some guys back, Cowboys should be relevant right through week 17.
Where is Irving........? Gregory gets held almost every snap and Lee and Tyron have boo boo's again.

They have a patched together OL that can't create a pocket.

Tyron is Sean Lee 0.2 and L'ael is lost in space it seems.

The OL has done a decent job but making harder on Dak.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who actually thinks anyone outside the Saints, Rams, Pats, Steelers and Chiefs have a legit shot?
You pretty much nailed it.......but one team I want no part of right now is Seattle. Very quietly getting it done and improving as the year goes on with some big wins under their belt.

Chicago and their defense says hello as well. Never count out a healthy New England team either.

When all is said and done however, I think the Saints will get it done provided they get home field advantage and that is no gimme.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The reason why I like the NFL more so than the NBA and MLB. My reds can't go out and spend the money that the Yanks and Sox can spend to compete, you don't have a lot of let's form a super team like in the NBA. Every team is on the same playing field in the NFL.
I have stopped watching the other sports because only certain teams have a chance to win. Football is the best sport because every team has a chance. Baseball was my heart growing up but now the Yankees and Red Sox buy all the good players. The other teams feed the beast.

blueblood70

Reaction score
yes to close we need LEE, Irving, and Taco all back this week to even have shot..Brees will check into a run play hes not scared to play our game if we over rush and come hard at him all day, they have thunder and lightening that those delayed quick draws while in passing formations plus many disguised screens etc will burn us..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This season comes down to the Rams, Saints, chiefs, and Patriots. There may be parity in paper, but there's a big gap between those 4 and everyone else.
That’s right. And the other teams with a long shot either have a great QB or one of the best defenses.

Just because half the league is muddled around .500 and mediocre it doesn’t mean they are legit contenders. It just provides them a glimmer of hope.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I have stopped watching the other sports because only certain teams have a chance to win. Football is the best sport because every team has a chance. Baseball was my heart growing up but now the Yankees and Red Sox buy all the good players. The other teams feed the beast.

This, and I know by the 3rd week in the baseball season my Reds will already be 10 games or more out. So I dont really watch baseball till PO time and WS. It's the usually suspects getting the players. Talk about a sport that needs a change but never will because they like the big name teams.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
as with major league baseball in the nfl there are about only four or five teams every year that is in superbowl contention the teams with the better qb's and coaches are the good teams and the rest are just fillers for the schedule

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This, and I know by the 3rd week in the baseball season my Reds will already be 10 games or more out. So I dont really watch baseball till PO time and WS. It's the usually suspects getting the players. Talk about a sport that needs a change but never will because they like the big name teams.
ESPN and Fox sold out to the Northeast (Connecticut).They don't even talk about baseball unless it has something to do with New York or Boston. So sad.