Cris Carter on Dez: He's not a great route runner

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This is actually a well articulated argument with some valid points. It's missing the mark though... The criticisms against Carter's character flaws are pointed out because he really comes off as a phony who will say anything to curry favor or interest. He's certainly an expert, and has insight few have, I just rarely believe anything he says is genuine, so he's a lot easier to dismiss.

But the criticism wouldn't have been issued if not for his comments. You've basically just said the criticism is not relevant to the topic at hand. :huh:

Proof

Reaction score
But the criticism wouldn't have been issued if not for his comments. You've basically just said the criticism is not relevant to the topic at hand. :huh:

yeah that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm acknowledging that the criticism is not relevant AND that given his track record I understand it. He's a clown, and is likely to say anything. Yes Dez isn't the best route runner, and yes Carter is a phenomenal route runner. His motivation for pointing it out and the tone is pretty opportunistic because he's the analyst version of an ambulance chaser.