Crooked Officials

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Here's one from earlier in the Dez catch game where the refs called this a catch even after review. To claim that game was called evenly requires cognitive dissonance of the highest degree.

In the same game Clay Matthews attempted to take out Romo's knee with an extremely late hit, and yet no call. Which reminds me, didn't Sturm run the numbers years back and found Romo something like 2000% less likely to get late hit calls versus other QBs?

Bizwah

Reaction score
Yet more - in 1994 the 49ers blatantly cheated the salary cap to put together an all-star team to derail Dallas. This is a proven matter of record. There were even articles before the season that stated the 49ers didn't even have enough cap room to sign their draft picks, yet magically they signed something like 10 pro bowl level players while releasing only one of two players. Tagliabue not only looked the other way, but flat out refused to investigate them at the request of other owners.

The following year the Cowboys, after having lost many starters and other high quality players to free agency, signed Deion Sanders. Tagliabue immediately launched an investigation into the Cowboys who were obviously doing things legit as the investigation found.
I remember this clearly.

Even Deion admitted that his Cowboy contract was ok. He said the league should've looked at his Niner contract. That was the one that was crooked.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
As a diehard Cowboys fan are you an “impartial” observer?

It always cracks me up when “referee bias” is invoked and yet the people making the claim don’t even acknowledge how their own bias skews how their own perspective.

Do you know every fanbase thinks the refs are against their team?

Let me guess though…only the Cowboys have a legitimate beef, right?
I don't give a crap about any other team or fanbase. The fact is that every week for years on end we see ticky-tack and outright ghost calls on the Cowboys while the opposing team gets away with every non-call in the book. It IS to the point of proof that some referees are crooked as Joe Theisman's leg. Admit it already, it is a fact. If you even watched the games, you would know that.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I think the both teams had some gripes. A very questionable OPI on the Giants wiped out a big catch for them, as well.

It was not a stellar day for the refs yesterday. They were definitely "letting them play" last night.
There's "letting them play" and then there's the repeated muggings that Noah Brown got. There is flat out NO excuse for that. The problem is that there is no accountability for the refs.