Video: Crusty's Corner: Broaddus Says Cowboys Might Lose Horn And Surtain

visionary

Reaction score
There is literally no way to screw this up.

IF Sewell, Slater, Horn and PS2 (I’ll throw in Pitts to boot) are all somehow gone that means QB’s have fallen. Which means a trade back and adding more picks.
P.S. Broaddus is kind of an idiot

I would trade down even if they are there

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That is the upside. At least 4 and maybe 5 QBs will go in the top 9. Pitts will almost certainly go. Sewell likely will go. Chase is probably a lock. Another WR could go.

If both CBs go 8-9, the Cowboys likely will be offered some intriguing trade possibilities. Either a QB or an unexpected wild card would be there.

It would look like this --

1) Lawrence
2) Wilson
3) Jones or Lance, maybe Fields
4) Pitts or one of the QBs
5) Sewell, Chase or Pitts
6) Chase, Pitts or maybe Waddle
7) Sewell or Slater
8) Horn
9) Surtain

That is 12 players, and that doesn't include Parsons or Davonta Smith. Lots of potential trade-up targets.

Scenario --

1) Lawrence
2) Wilson
3) Jones
4) Pitts
5) Sewell
6) Chase
7) Waddle
8) Horn
9) Surtain

Lance and Fields would be available. So would Slater, Parsons and Smith. If either or both if those additional QBs go, which is likely, add one or two of the non-QBs above.

But I wonder if Carolina is floating the Horn interest in an attempt to get someone to panic and trade up for a QB. And I still find it hard to believe the Broncos like their QB enough to pass on one at 9.

I also think Vera-Tucker is as likely to slip into the top 9 as are either of the two corners or Parsons.
If you listen to Broaddus he said Carolina would take Home from two sources. He said nothing about Denver. I hear the Broncos would take quarterback at 9 if the draft broke that way. The Patriots are trying to get in front of the Broncos.

visionary

Reaction score
That is the upside. At least 4 and maybe 5 QBs will go in the top 9. Pitts will almost certainly go. Sewell likely will go. Chase is probably a lock. Another WR could go.

If both CBs go 8-9, the Cowboys likely will be offered some intriguing trade possibilities. Either a QB or an unexpected wild card would be there.

1) Lawrence
2) Wilson
7) Sewell or Slater
8) Horn
9) Surtain

That is 12 players, and that doesn't include Parsons or Davonta Smith. Lots of potential trade-up targets.

Scenario --

1) Lawrence
2) Wilson
3) Jones
4) Pitts
5) Sewell
6) Chase
7) Waddle
8) Horn
9) Surtain

Lance and Fields would be available. So would Slater, Parsons and Smith. If either or both if those additional QBs go, which is likely, add one or two of the non-QBs above.

But I wonder if Carolina is floating the Horn interest in an attempt to get someone to panic and trade up for a QB. And I still find it hard to believe the Broncos like their QB enough to pass on one at 9.

I also think Vera-Tucker is as likely to slip into the top 9 as are either of the two corners or Parsons.

agree with you
The Horn interest for Car is to get idiot Jerry to get scared and trade up with them

Gaede

Reaction score
You value Gallimore and McGovern that much? I would give both of them up for the best cornerback in the draft. You draft the best players that is how you win in the NFL.

Same. If the team feels that strongly about a particular guy, go get him.

Hardline

Reaction score
5 QBs and Surtain and Horn off the board before 10 would be a dream come true. It would be great for Parsons to go top 9 also.
That means either Pitts, Sewell or Chase fell to 10.
And I would certainly draft Chase if he was the last of the players I mentioned are gone.

Last edited:

Bluefin

Reaction score
Why is Bryan Broaddus opining there is an issue with Trevon Diggs?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im not in love with a corner at 10 but no other defensive prospects are that great at that spot unfortunately. Parsons is the only one outside of those two at Corner.

I’m not a fan of Parsons game.. Everything with him is projection.

Plus I heard the accusations against him at Penn State for hazing and it’s pretty bad.

Sydla

Reaction score
You value Gallimore and McGovern that much? I would give both of them up for the best cornerback in the draft. You draft the best players that is how you win in the NFL.

Or Gallup. Funny how you didnt mention him.

Stay at 10 or trade down. Stop chasing players in the Top 10.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
If you listen to Broaddus he said Carolina would take Home from two sources. He said nothing about Denver. I hear the Broncos would take quarterback at 9 if the draft broke that way. The Patriots are trying to get in front of the Broncos.
I refer to the rest of the conversation when they speculated that both corners could go Top 9. I don't expect that, but it's what I refer to.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I hope so. If somehow Slater and both corners are gone I hope we trade back and do the smart thing and sure up the defensive line especially the interior. That is our biggest need.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

1) Lawrence
2) Wilson
7) Sewell or Slater
8) Horn
9) Surtain

Scenario --

1) Lawrence
2) Wilson
3) Jones
4) Pitts
5) Sewell
6) Chase
7) Waddle
8) Horn
9) Surtain

Yeah, its just about impossible for one of the two not to be there.