Video: Crusty's Corner: Broaddus Says Cowboys Might Lose Horn And Surtain

JBS

Reaction score
That would be something If both top corners are gone. At that point. Maybe someone will trade up for a qb or wr. Clean up some picks.
This isn't going to happen. The title of this thread is incredibly misleading. No chance both go

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
hmmm is there anyway the first 9 picks would include

lawrence
wilson
mac jones
pitts
horn
surtain
lance
fields
chase

it'd just be meant to be to take Sewell at that point

cowboyec

Reaction score
if that happens then it'll be rashawn slater ot nwestern...micah parsons lb penn state...or kwity paye de michigan.

rambo2

Reaction score
That's what happens when you don't fill holes in free agency and make it plainly obvious what you have to do at your pick
Free agency isn't over. See Richard Sherman and the Chargers corner.

rambo2

Reaction score
Broaddus is an idiot. Sorry. He was predicting us moving up for Surtain last week and the reports now are no chance we do. He’s guessing like everyone else. Besides 1 and 2, 3-10 are fluid and will change with each report
The Cowboys could move up to 7 or 8.

ESisback

Reaction score
What’s the likelihood of 5 QBs, Pitts, Surtain, A big WR, and Horn ALL being picked before #10?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That's what happens when you don't fill holes in free agency and make it plainly obvious what you have to do at your pick

There was no cornerback that the Cowboys could afford that was worth a free agent pick, imho. Diggs just got here, shows lots of promise. That's at least as much as a draftee has. The do have Lewis, etc. I don't agree the Cowboys "have" to pick a cornerback, there's needs all over the defense, even if they got a corner and he magically turned into Deion Sanders, the team is very unlikely to be going to the SB without more improvement at other positions.

This is a non-story, I will GUARANTEE there will be an excellent player at 10 (assuming Dallas doesn't trade down) that can be a big help to the Cowboys...

Gaede

Reaction score
There was no cornerback that the Cowboys could afford that was worth a free agent pick, imho. Diggs just got here, shows lots of promise. That's at least as much as a draftee has. The do have Lewis, etc. I don't agree the Cowboys "have" to pick a cornerback, there's needs all over the defense, even if they got a corner and he magically turned into Deion Sanders, the team is very unlikely to be going to the SB without more improvement at other positions.

This is a non-story, I will GUARANTEE there will be an excellent player at 10 (assuming Dallas doesn't trade down) that can be a big help to the Cowboys...

I would've signed Sherman before the draft. At worst, you have a washed up vet who provides much needed leadership. At best, you have a starter that gives you ultimate flexibility in the draft.

Carson

Reaction score
I would've signed Sherman before the draft. At worst, you have a washed up vet who provides much needed leadership. At best, you have a starter that gives you ultimate flexibility in the draft.
I think a lot of these vets are smart and waiting post draft to sign. Would suck to sign, then they draft a guy and you are released

Rayman70

Reaction score
watch us draft Kwity Paye at 10. lol..I would pull an Elvis and throw a brick through the TV set.BTW..we have met with him 3 times already. Just sayin.
R705671f241d4108feca80616d84953c6

Rayman70

Reaction score
Broaddus is an idiot. Sorry. He was predicting us moving up for Surtain last week and the reports now are no chance we do. He’s guessing like everyone else. Besides 1 and 2, 3-10 are fluid and will change with each report
agree. There is a reason he is not with an NFL team as a scout right now and for many years. He's not very good.Like the guy though. He's pretty entertaining.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

The chances of his actually being washed up far exceed his chances of being a starter, imo. And what good did it do the Raiders to have Witten's "leadership"?
Went from 7-9 to 8-8. Big whoop.

I agree this team needs leadership but it has to come from somebody who's going to be here for a few years at least, not some old guy playing for a paycheck....

Carson

Reaction score
watch us draft Kwity Paye at 10. lol..I would pull an Elvis and throw a brick through the TV set.BTW..we have met with him 3 times already. Just sayin.
R705671f241d4108feca80616d84953c6
Mannnn I’ve been saying this.

I’m fully ready for an F- draft. Paye in the first, followed by Williams in the 2nd

McKDaddy

Reaction score
There is literally no way to screw this up.
thank you. let other teams use resources to draft up we still get premium prospects to choose from and option to trade down. this is from a guy who has no issue at all taking Surtain at 10 but isn't going to get into a bidding war for him. If this scenario arose, I would take one of the linemen or trade down but ensure I get JOK.