Culture, the culture of the locker room

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Step-Daughter ran into the back of a pickup at a relatively low speed.

There was such minimal damage externally an insurance claim might not have been required; however, the cost of the Airbags and Seat Belts made the insurance claim a definite necessity.
All the damage is behind the bumper my cowboy brother. All the sensors cameras. It's a shame there's no such thing as a minor accident anymore. What looks like nothing could be $2,000 easily

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The impending Zeke suspension in 2017 affected the entire team.

That seemed obvious from the All or Nothing series.
From the game plan alone not being able to implement something solid was a distraction because of that. We just didn't know day-by-day what was going to happen with him

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif
Okay, you have a dog for 30 years. It passes away on Friday night. Does that affect your game play on Sunday. It would affect mine. I would either play a lot harder, or just be distracted.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree with you except on Gregory. He doesn't have a bad attitude and isn't a bad teammate. Hardy and Irving I totally agree with you on them because they are jerks.

I wonder how good a teammate Zeke is. Clearly isn't mature enough to be a leader or care about his teammates enough to stay out of trouble. Maybe hes just a fool.

Suspensions, he quit during the Denver game. Maybe he is a great teammate.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think some guys throw crap at the wall and see if it sticks. They allow their emotions to dictate what they say instead of steady research and facts.
I truly believe Charles Haley would not have been the greater player he was, if he wasn't mentally disabled. I think that made him the player he was.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's incredibly overrated and driven by people's desire to have narratives.
Teams that don't get along and win are "a bunch of competitive guys"
Teams that don't get along and lose "have a bad locker-room culture."
Teams that get along and win have "great culture."
Teams that get along and lose "don't care enough, they're just happy collecting a paycheck."
I totally disagree with you. Have not ever seen a divided locker room win anything.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Okay, you have a dog for 30 years. It passes away on Friday night. Does that affect your game play on Sunday. It would affect mine. I would either play a lot harder, or just be distracted.
Thank you for the clarification.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I wonder how good a teammate Zeke is. Clearly isn't mature enough to be a leader or care about his teammates enough to stay out of trouble. Maybe hes just a fool.

Suspensions, he quit during the Denver game. Maybe he is a great teammate.
Didn't he have like 8 yards rushing total that game.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yep...…….and let a fumble recovery guy run right past him or pick. Forgot which one.

Pretty much got shut out in the Rams game as well.
He has had a few games like that.

I remember when he have up on the play against Denver.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A bunch of players were the same way, some were Cowboy players as well.
I have issues myself. Attention deficit. I worked through it. Charles Haley was one of my favorite players. I forgot the story of him and the strong safety on San Francisco. They were great friends but even he was afraid of him. you just never knew when he was going to flip. And not flip like truly mental just flip into one of his moods

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Check out the '70s Yankees for one egregious example.
I was strictly talking football I'm sure there are some crazy locker rooms that thrive baseball is really not a team sport like football in my opinion. You're all alone in that batter's box. But I guess you're right Never Say Never And there's always exceptions

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
so do the pats have culture in the locker room or is that the head coach demands respect and is the culture of the team coaching is way under rated here by a lot of dallas cowboys fans coaching is the difference in todays league with how close the talent is on each team

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thank you for the clarification.
It's not whether we agree with people or not. It's how we handle it we don't take it personal. My first came over to the new forum, it's been a while and I forgot how to deal with these situations. I forgot how many different personalities I have to deal with. I mean you would like to tell some people that they are crazy. But they're not they just have a different point of view as long as I remember that I get along with everybody. Does it mean I agree with everybody know LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
so do the pats have culture in the locker room or is that the head coach demands respect and is the culture of the team coaching is way under rated here by a lot of dallas cowboys fans coaching is the difference in todays league with how close the talent is on each team
The Patriots have a system. You either fit into it or you don't. They don't wait until later to find out with you fit in or not. That's their scheme. They took a bunch of football players and turn them into one person. A machine. That's how you win in today's salary cap football

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It's not whether we agree with people or not. It's how we handle it we don't take it personal. My first came over to the new forum, it's been a while and I forgot how to deal with these situations. I forgot how many different personalities I have to deal with. I mean you would like to tell some people that they are crazy. But they're not they just have a different point of view as long as I remember that I get along with everybody. Does it mean I agree with everybody know LOL
Nobody's perfect. @Risen Star is close...

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know why people don't support Jason. I like him simply because he does have control of the locker room. And when he loses that he loses me also. You can't teach 2 minute drill only experience. So why would I want a young new start up all over again. But you have to change. And that's one of the things I don't think he does very well