Current concerns

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I totally missed it. My bad. When did they say that?

Frankly, I think it’s a dumb move but this franchise is always doing things like this when they fail to fix a hole.

I don't remember who or when but I'm certain they said it because it surprised me. I still don't take too much stock in it as I consider that group to be highly fluidic. Just no way to know who is going to start or where. I think they have a problem being able to stash as many as possible and still losing some players they'd like to develop. I'd say we'd see an extra player on the 53 but I don't know where they are going to cut somewhere else. Haven't had this kind of depth in a long time IMO.

Gameover

Reaction score
RT, LT

The RT is no good

The LT was average(at best) before the injuries

DdDfyLjWsAAMiEa.jpg

For the ‘Dak holds the ball too long crowd’

DdDfxymXkAAHPy_.jpg

DdDjNOfXkAADVzS.jpg

Hold on your LT

He was pretty bad in 2017.

Last edited:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
QB-Dak and two backups who I have faith in to hold the fort down creates positive vibes. Still some concern over what's between his ears.

TE-a concern with the retirement of Witten. Ok is the best I can conjure at present. Marginally ok. Swaim, Schultz, and the other two should suffice.

WR-a true concern here. I think it will be ok but lots of questions here WR by committee.

Brown, Noah*
Cannon, K.D.
Earl, Malik
Gallup, Michael*
Hurns, Allen*
Lenoir Jr., Lance
Murdock, Marchie
Thompson, Deonte
Williams, Terrance*
Wilson, Cedrick*
Austin*

RB-EE, Austin, Smith, Scarborough FB-Olawale

OL-Starters: Smith, Willams, Fred, Martin, Collins* Fleming SOT. G-Edwards, Kadeem; Martin, Marcus; Robertson, Jay; Stanton, Dustin 2 Guards from the latter OT reserves: Campos, Jake; Johnson, Bryce; Jones, Jarron 2 from the OT reserves. We're in good shape here.

DE-

Armstrong, Dorance* *=starters
Charlton, Taco*
Ealy, Kony*
Hearns, James
Jones, Datone
Larkin, Austin
Lawrence, Demarcus*
Tapper, Charles
Gregory, Randy*

DT-

Crawford, Tyrone* 3/5 *=starter
Irving, David* 3/5
Ash, Richard
Collins, Maliek*-injured 8-12 weeks
Osborne, DeQuinton* 1/3
Price, Brian 1
Ross, Daniel 1/3
Ward, Jihad 3/5

Would like a better 3 to go with the other two DT but we're ok here. Look for some TC changes here.

LB-Lee*, Smith*, LVE*, Wilson*; Thomas 53. One more out of the rest. Will look outside team for another
Lanning, Joel-STs
Lee, Sean-WILL
March-Lillard , Justin-STs
Queiro, Kyle-listed as LB but probably SS
Shockley, Ed-rotation/STs
Smith, Jaylon-rotation all three; some Nickel
Thomas, Joe-R/ST
Vander Esch, Leighton-rotation MIKE/Nickel cover/ST
Wilson, Damien-rotation SAM/ST

S-Heath SS; Jones likely moves to CB; Frazier; Woods; Awuzie moves to FS. These are starters.

CB-Just too much movement and UDFAs to predict much. Jones likely outside starter. Lewis the other. Not sure about SL and Nickel. We're good here although one S with more experience is a pro but the con is taking up a roster spot of an up and comer.

Brace yourself for some more growing pains but lots of upside...

Gameover

Reaction score
DdDl3xbXcAA9yyq.jpg

Collins already beat!

The LT whiffs

DdDmH2RWAAA89_2.jpg

7 In the box for the Nobody is worried about Dak passing crowd

DdDmlyOWAAAhrSq.jpg

Guess whose unblocked guys are in pursuit?!

This is how you go from 5.1 a carry to 4.1 a carry.

Would you like to see a bum!(#71)

DdDmnZiW4AA5zQu.jpg

Last edited:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Brace yourself for some more growing pains but lots of upside...

Our secondary is still so young but you're right; lots of upside there. They will make their share of mistakes which is a good reason to get a vet.

Lots of upside.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
DdDl3xbXcAA9yyq.jpg

Collins already beat!

The LT whiffs

DdDmH2RWAAA89_2.jpg

7 In the box for the Nobody is worried about Dak passing crowd

DdDmlyOWAAAhrSq.jpg

Guess whose unblocked guys are in pursuit?!

This is how you go from 5.1 a carry to 4.1 a carry.

Would you like to see a bum!(#71)

DdDmnZiW4AA5zQu.jpg

You can't live by the run. Teams will gear up to stop it. So every team looks like crap from time to time.

In the NFL you must run effectively and beat the other team passing. After that, it's TO and big play Diff as well as field position.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
RT, LT

The RT is no good

The LT was average(at best) before the injuries

DdDfyLjWsAAMiEa.jpg

For the ‘Dak holds the ball too long crowd’

DdDfxymXkAAHPy_.jpg

DdDjNOfXkAADVzS.jpg

Hold on your LT

He was pretty bad in 2017.

Definitely part of it but Dak and the receivers helped muck it up. It's a team game.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
:huh:,,,#4 has double saddle bags full of 'native ability',,, friend? ,,,er,,, yer' ain't one of them there chip on the shoulder race baiters per chance are ya?,,,:rolleyes:

:starspin::star::starspin:

No, I'm someone who watched last season and saw passes falling short, going wild, and getting intercepted because they were just bad. Prove to me, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that dak has that talent. Go ahead.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Offensively I have complete faith that Scott can develop a scheme that will baffle defenses. if Dak goes down, anybody will be able to step up and get the job done. Offense will be a top 5.
My worries are all on defense. They start with Rod and end with Lee. Teams can defeat the cover 2 so I hope we see a lot of man, I believe we'll have the QB pressure to pull it off.

If Lee goes down they'll need to prove to me they can cover that hole. Because I haven't seen it.
Address those concerns and we'll have a extended season.
fair enough

waving monkey

Reaction score
No, I'm someone who watched last season and saw passes falling short, going wild, and getting intercepted because they were just bad. Prove to me, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that dak has that talent. Go ahead.
you want proof beyond a shadow of a doubt? How about math

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
My top concerns:

Coverage in the middle of the field
Tackling
Run fits from LB
Ball placement/mechanics from QB
Receivers ability to get open
Perimeter blocking
Safety/safety depth
Multiple injuries to any of Lee, DLaw, Irving, Tyron, Dak, Zeke, TFred, or Martin